In honor of the Mac V. PC Debate - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

In honor of the Mac V. PC Debate

Please take with a grain of salt

Ever notice how most Mac users are skinny? It's because of all the calories they burn because they can't shut the f### up about how great their Macs are. What is it about Apple that makes its users unable to shut their mouths? Everywhere I go, there's another a##hole with a Mac preaching about how much better Macs are than PCs. They regurgitate lines directly from Apple's marketing campaign, like "it just works." I have the following rebuttals to this argument:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....gi?u=macs_cant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 05:01 PM

Re: In honor of the Mac V. PC Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
Ever notice how most Mac users are skinny?
Oh buoy!! Wife not taking enough of your time...... AGAIN, cid???

You know.....crazily enough, now that I think about it, all of the people I know that own Mac's are skinny

Thanks, cid for putting 2+2 together!! I'm goin to buy a Mac so that I can still eat and enjoy the pleasantries of life
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 05:02 PM

hahah to funny.. Im a mac user myself and im no where from skinny 6' 6" 320lbs. I decided on mac more from experience on them, not cause there cool, or cause this and that. No computer is perfect if Maddox wants to post one site for fixing macs there is literally a 100,000 for windows. This was obviously written from a PC stand point. Not everyone is in a band, or is a artist thats just a stupid stereotype by an uneducated person.

Next the ads, ok Mac ads are corny ill admit it but didnt microsoft just sign Lebron James as a spokesperson WTF does he have to do with computers. Whats that your saying? right nothing..

There is no right or wrong, Its what works for you..

There is tons of little LEET people who run around and talk gibberish on how the did this or that with there windows machines as well. Again this is so obviously written by a PC user.

At work we have a 64 bit PC machine and ran windows update, what did it do you ask? thats right it went right to the blue screen of death Thanks Microsoft that was one hell of a update LOL..

Again each have there own uses, each have there own clientel, and each will defend there machines.
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Dee

I'm skinny, but I don't own a Mac. I don't want one either.

Maddox site is way cool. I always used to go there but then I forgot about it.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 05:16 PM

Yeah, Man. You have to be cool to use Mac stuff. It's like, totally the same as a fat chick wearing a hollister shirt or an old guy with DC shoes.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 05:21 PM

Mac owners are skinny because they are all healthy, balanced Vegans who can find the time to get out and throw sticks in the park with their dog, n' stuff like that......

...... and why is this the case? It's because Mac owners don't have to spend 60% of their lives in an ergonomically incorrect chair, surviving on pre-packaged foodstuffs from the Frito Lay Corporation, staring at 1280 by 1024 pixels which have been telling them for the last 48 hours (and twenty five crashes, and fifteen restarts) that Windows XP doesn't recognise their Audio card drivers software for no apparent reason........

I guess I might be the exception to Elcid's rule, because I am a Mac owner who is becoming depressingly, um, corpulent as time goes by. Maybe it's all those great Frito Lays products......
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 05:26 PM

.....they have FRITOS in Australia??? I thought ya'll just ate roots and platypuss!!

Nice post Dave

corpulent........ LMAO!

*expands vocabulary*
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Dee

I never understood why so many people have problems with their PC's. I built my own 2 years ago after doing a little reading up and this thing is flawless, all except for one bad RAM stick which I just got replaced. That caused a few crashes, but since I isolated the problem it's flawless again, it's ridiculously reliable. The problem came about from excessive overclocking, btw, so that's OK, it was my own fault anyway.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
I never understood why so many people have problems with their PC's. I built my own 2 years ago after doing a little reading up and this thing is flawless, all except for one bad RAM stick which I just got replaced. That caused a few crashes, but since I isolated the problem it's flawless again, it's ridiculously reliable. The problem came about from excessive overclocking, btw, so that's OK, it was my own fault anyway.
+1. I have a similar experience with DIY computers. They are great computers. You can get the spare parts just about anywhere and the prices for the spare parts are so much cheaper than other branded names like Dell, HP, Mac,Compaq, Gateway, etc. Apart from that, DIY spare parts last much longer. Using a Kingston RAM can last you a really long time.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 05:42 PM

I think Fritos became so huge as a corporation that you could get them on Mars. There's a fantastic book on the leveraged buyout of Frito Lay (I think it's called Barbarians at the Gates) which is the most amazing account of corporate greed I have ever read. I agree with Dee et al, that you CAN cobble together a fantastic DIY PC, but you can cobble together a fantastic AC Cobra replica too (or a JEM for that matter) , it's just that 99.99% of us either dont't have the skills or inclination to do so - we just want something that works straight out of the box - and that, ultimately is the real reason I have stuck with Macs - corny as the ads are, it's true, they just work!

Our native beasties are a bit tough Jim - here's an old bushies recipe for cooking a Sulphur Crested ****atoo:

Bring several gallons of water to a slow boil, find two large rocks - drop them gently into the water, pluck your ****atoo, place it in the boiling water with the rocks - let simmer for at least 24 hours.

Remove heat, throw away the ****atoo and eat the rocks.
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 05:53 PM

Okay, I got censored for our largest native parrot's name starting with the name for a male bird - perhpas it should read - "Old bushies recipe for cooking large white parrot with a yellow crest....."
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 05:55 PM

Reviews: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
It's like, totally the same as a fat chick wearing a hollister shirt or an old guy with DC shoes.
haha this is going to be even funnier the next time I see one of these people!
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 06:43 PM

ROFL...

Thanks for the link cid.
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 07:28 PM

thats just what I was thinking but couldn't put the words together to explain. LMAO
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 09:14 PM

why is this thread even allowed on here....pretty brutal. didn't you see the other threads that were less harsh that were banned? who cares what who uses for what. now shutup and play yer guitar.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode