Hotel drinking glasses... - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Hotel drinking glasses...

How many times have you used those hotel drinking glasses?
http://www.break.com/index/never-use...otel-room.html
How often will you do it NOW?

YEEESH...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 09:54 AM

Reviews: 65
Re: Hotel drinking glasses...

yummy! I know why I always take my plastic "use once" cups on travels.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 11:31 AM

Thanks Bamm.... I'm not thirsty any more! What's really scary is how some bars wash glasses. Especially when they get real busy.
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 02:45 PM

I might be a little germaphobic but for the last 20 years or so I do not order anything that does not come in a sealed bottle if at all possible for reasons like that. At resturants I have considered bringing my own knives & forks as well but have never actually done so... I developed this paranoid habit after seeing what goes on in the back room of a very expensive resturant in my area. That coupled with the fact that the salad chef there who habitually cut his hands while working on peoples fancy meals had advanced HIV.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540s View Post
I might be a little germaphobic but for the last 20 years or so I do not order anything that does not come in a sealed bottle if at all possible for reasons like that. At resturants I have considered bringing my own knives & forks as well but have never actually done so... I developed this paranoid habit after seeing what goes on in the back room of a very expensive resturant in my area. That coupled with the fact that the salad chef there who habitually cut his hands while working on peoples fancy meals had advanced HIV.
Is your name Howard and do you have OCD?

Seriously though, we probably obsess more over clean glasses or silverware in a restaurant than we do about driving safely. Which carries the higher risk? You'd be better off growing your own food because it's journey to your table from a farm, grocery store or kitchen is a very dirty and unpleasant one - sad but true my friends....

Disgusting nonetheless, but I'd like to see them changing the linens...maybe even a black light over the mattress.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Is your name Howard and do you have OCD?

I'm not "Mr. S" but I will readily admit to the OCD's
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 03:53 PM

Quote:
I'm not "Mr. S" but I will readily admit to the OCD's
Who's "Mr. S"?

I think he was referring to this Howard:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Hughes

The germ obsessed recluse. I don't recall him being referred to as Mr. S though!
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemplayer55 View Post
Who's "Mr. S"?

I think he was referring to this Howard:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Hughes

The germ obsessed recluse. I don't recall him being referred to as Mr. S though!
The OCD reference lead me to believe Howard Stern .. That & of course the chance that anyone typing here would be Huges is slim due to the effects of death

As a side note The Avaitor was a pretty good flick
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1

I just wonder how they get the red off?!
(Tucker, Hughes is instrumental in that movie as well)
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 08:26 PM

That was nasty. I remember as a teenager I got a job at a restaurant as a dishwasher. My second day in was a Friday night and it was busy with dishes backing up,,when the guy training me, said just rinse off the dishes that aren't to dirty and put them in the clean pile. I quit a day or two after.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 08:33 PM

I've worked in various hotels in the UK. A lot of cleaners use only 1 sponge to clean the whole room, toilets AND cups. Some plastic cups are also re-used... Restaurants are worse.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 09:24 PM

When people start dying over it then I'll start worrying. I've never used those glasses at hotels and I don't plan to anyways.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distantshore View Post
That was nasty. I remember as a teenager I got a job at a restaurant as a dishwasher. My second day in was a Friday night and it was busy with dishes backing up,,when the guy training me, said just rinse off the dishes that aren't to dirty and put them in the clean pile. I quit a day or two after.
This reminds me of a short stint I had at a pizza place in North Carolina. I was supposed to make sauce by combining several different cans in a very large and deep pot. I was looking for a spoon to stir it with and the guy told me to roll up my sleeves and use my arm. I thought he was joking until he did it himself - almost all the way up to his armpit. I was shocked and they did it every time - not being malicious either!! Funny thing is that it was great pizza, and I Never stopped eating it even after the mixing bowl incident.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 12:50 AM

Howie Mandel?

Quote:
The OCD reference lead me to believe Howard Stern .. That & of course the chance that anyone typing here would be Huges is slim due to the effects of death

As a side note The Avaitor was a pretty good flick
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 02:21 AM

Reviews: 25

The true fact is that many of my friends and myself have traveled poor 3rd world countries, and never really got sick, so i think my body can handle a few dirty glasses, and with that said, I'm not stupid enough to trust a cleaner to wash for me.

Most hotels have a stocked bar fridge and if your even more stupid to pay those prices "guilty" then drink straight from the bottle. Plus its more classy to drink from the bottle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

double tree hotel alsip guitar show

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode