Housing situation update - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Housing situation update

Well, I figured someone might be curious as to how my Jems sold on e-bay and how my housing situation is going, so here's the latest. To recap for those who are just tuning in, I sold a ton of guitars to come up with a downpayment for a house that is closer to our parents. We had our first born in October and my wife's parents both have heart issues so we wanted to be closer. On with the story telling.

Of my 11 Jems, I sold 7. How did they sell? Well, pretty good. Compared to the prices I had on the page here at Jemsite, the total was $158 less than I had asked. Some went higher, some went lower, but I was pretty close on my prices to only be $158 off. With my 4 Strats, the total selling price of the 11 total guitars I sold (7 Jems, 4 Strats) I came out with $20,798, and I had $17,300 in them, so it went well (of those, 2 strats were gifts which I had nothing in, so that's where around $2k came from). Which Jems did I keep? My FP, PMC, DY that Herc is swirling & the new DNA that is somewhere in shipment from Italy.

Now, the housing situation. We all know the market sucks, but I managed to sell my house in under 24 hours. Go figure! Now I had it priced to move, but still, that was completely unexpected. This is good news and bad news, because I was not expecting to sell the house until maybe the first of next year, so now I'm in money crunch time to get everything done. Our closing date is December 12th, and I have to be out of my house by the 16th!! So, today I went and found our new home, made an offer, they countered, and I accepted. So now I have my new home that I'm closing on December 12th as well!! Talk about a whirlwind, or to be more precise, a sh*tstorm of a week.

I plan to do one more round on e-bay to get a little more cash for moving expenses and the likes (no guitars unfortunately, but if your thing is Canon L glass, Tiger Woods autographs, Cartier watches or Tiffany & Co Jewelry, tune in to Upper-Deck-Golf for all your auction needs ). Thanks to everyone here for the kind words and support.

And out of curiosity, did any jemsiters win any of my Jems?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 11:47 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Re: Housing situation update

wow! good luck w/ everything. let us know what L-glass you have before putting it on evilbay ... glen
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

17-40L & 24-70L. I just bought the 24-105L IS, and it's a great lens that has turned into my walk around lens. I thought about keeping the 17-40, cause it's a great lens, but with the 5D and no crop factor, 24 is wide enough for me.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 12:07 AM
site founder 0% owner

24 is nice on that camera but love the 17-40 myself... what is the cost/condition & whats included? ...glen
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem20thlover View Post

And out of curiosity, did any jemsiters win any of my Jems?
I'm kinda wondering the same thing. Hopefully the answer is yes. Although jemsiters always seem to be strapped for cash . . .
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 02:28 PM

Congrats on everything! Best of luck in the new home!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 02:43 PM

Reviews: 6

Congratulations Jem20thlover. I remember reading the first post, and you know i felt for ya bro. It must've been really hard to let go of them, but man it was a responsible decision and took a lot of guts. I really respect that man! Good luck to you and your lady, and at least you get to keep the best of the bunch. Personally, if i could own four Jems, i'd have the PMc, DNa, FP and my SK .

Keep us updated!

and good luck moving into a new home!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 03:37 PM

Great news that pal. Hope everything runs smoothly with the move.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 03:10 PM

Did'ja make anything on your house?
I would hope so.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Well, yes and no. Yes I made money verses what I owe, but not verses what I've put into the house.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 09:52 PM

Sometimes it just all comes together. Congrats on gitten 'er done.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode