How I miss... - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 03:26 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 5,010
Reviews: 64
Wink How I miss...

those days when we had an explosion of passionate,talented musicians.
Hair metal had so many awesome musicians and music on the media was really better.
We used to turn on our radios and listen to this kind of music everywhere.
What do we have today on the radio?
BIEBER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeO5YV3OVUY

Reb rocks!
6fingers is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 06:53 AM
 
IbanezFreak777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,163
Reviews: 25
Re: How I miss...

Havent heard that song in years......

Thanks
IbanezFreak777 is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 07:12 AM
 
CosmicDebris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Richmond VA, USA
Posts: 3,980
Re: How I miss...

Sorry I can't take Winger seriously. However, Reb is a great player.
CosmicDebris is offline  
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 5,010
Reviews: 64
Re: How I miss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezFreak777 View Post
Havent heard that song in years......

Thanks
You're welcome bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
Sorry I can't take Winger seriously. However, Reb is a great player.
No problem everybody have their own tastes.
Try to put aside things like they were hair metal,fags,band for chicks and some other stuff I saw on the net about them.
Listen this song with a clear mind.It sounds progressive.A hair metal band with some progressive parts was really unique.
Besides that some of their songs have awesome melodies,chord progressions and stuff.
Plus an awesome guitarist
6fingers is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 10:53 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Dunmore, PA
Posts: 2,325
Reviews: 12
Red face Re: How I miss...

Love Winger!! This is my favorite song!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYUvE...eature=related
DEADTUNES666 is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 10:58 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: cincinnati
Posts: 136
Re: How I miss...

i didnt like hair metal. i think it was kinda crap, just like the radio garbage of today. maybe your into the nostalgia more?
jym-ellis is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 5,010
Reviews: 64
Re: How I miss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jym-ellis View Post
i didnt like hair metal. i think it was kinda crap, just like the radio garbage of today. maybe your into the nostalgia more?
Nostalgia?
Nope.
Almost all guitarists we like now were in a hair metal band.
Like I said it was an explosion of awesome musicians.
Are you comparing hair metal bands(bon jovi,europe,winger,skid row,firehouse and 100 more) to Justin Bieber,Lady Gaga,Justin Timberlake,Beyonce,Pink,Avril Lavigne,Taylor Swift ,all that Rap crap and 100 more ?!

LOL
6fingers is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 5,010
Reviews: 64
Re: How I miss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADTUNES666 View Post
Love Winger!! This is my favorite song!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYUvE...eature=related
Where's my hair spray ?!

hahahahahahahhahahaha
6fingers is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 11:52 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 91
Re: How I miss...

Gotta love Hair Nation on Sirius.
BLOWN50 is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 11:56 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,516
Re: How I miss...

Winger were quite talented. Good call.
moebius is offline  
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 12:00 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: cincinnati
Posts: 136
Re: How I miss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
Nostalgia?
Nope.
Almost all guitarists we like now were in a hair metal band.
Like I said it was an explosion of awesome musicians.
Are you comparing hair metal bands(bon jovi,europe,winger,skid row,firehouse and 100 more) to Justin Bieber,Lady Gaga,Justin Timberlake,Beyonce,Pink,Avril Lavigne,Taylor Swift ,all that Rap crap and 100 more ?!

LOL
no, just what is played on the radio. notice white snake was played on the radio but none of vais solo material.
jym-ellis is offline  
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 5,010
Reviews: 64
Re: How I miss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jym-ellis View Post
no, just what is played on the radio. notice white snake was played on the radio but none of vais solo material.
At that time were you living in all countries?
Weird!
Only in your country cause all whitesnake stuff was played in mine.
6fingers is offline  
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 5,010
Reviews: 64
Re: How I miss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moebius View Post
Winger were quite talented. Good call.
need some hair spray there?
Let's start a club lol
6fingers is offline  
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 12:47 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: cincinnati
Posts: 136
Re: How I miss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
At that time were you living in all countries?
Weird!
Only in your country cause all whitesnake stuff was played in mine.

i think you mis read or i mis typed lol. i meant i dont care for what is played on radio. notice whitesnake WAS played on the radio but solo vai stuff was NOT. i have always prefered what was NOT played on the radio. alot of my favorite tracks by bands played by the radio where never played on the radio
jym-ellis is offline  
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 5,010
Reviews: 64
Re: How I miss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jym-ellis View Post
i think you mis read or i mis typed lol. i meant i dont care for what is played on radio. notice whitesnake WAS played on the radio but solo vai stuff was NOT. i have always prefered what was NOT played on the radio. alot of my favorite tracks by bands played by the radio where never played on the radio
And I said whitesnake with Vai played here on the radio and clips on tv,that's why I said ONLY IN YOUR COUNTRY they weren't played.
6fingers is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hit and Miss Jems Devon8822 Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models 17 05-24-2007 11:29 PM
I Miss the Pop Metal... do you? sers Polls 36 10-15-2006 02:01 PM
Don't miss this scam gu1tar All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 9 02-19-2006 09:18 PM
I miss Rex too !!!! Max Payne Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! 1 11-12-2003 10:54 PM
What did I miss? - Where are all those DNA's abwalsh Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models 7 01-13-2001 06:14 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome