Hows this for off topic, random and weird? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 4
Talking Hows this for off topic, random and weird?

I am going to be 40 in a few months. I have never been married. Never wanted to, never thought about it seriously. Since then I have been spending my time working out and losing weight (100 pounds). Over the last 6 months or so I have been getting alot more attention from the ladies which is a new experience for me. I like it of course. Anyway, so I talked this lady into meeting me for lunch about a month ago. We sat and talked for maybe 30 minutes over lunch. Since then I have been totally, insanely in love with her. She says she feels the same!! I felt this in the first 30 minutes we talked. I don't know how or why. Last Sunday due to circumstances at home she had to come stat with me. After having her here a week, I can honestly say that I want her to be in the same room with me all the time, right next to me if possible. She said she loved me a few days ago, but I had been thinking that for awhile already. I think that I would marry her if I thought she would say yes, but she has been through alot recently and I don't want to bring it up. Anyway, is this insane? Anyone else had this happen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 04:36 PM

Re: Hows this for off topic, random and weird?

I would never marry anyone after only a month. Take your time, there's no rush, you're already 40 anyways lol
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 04:44 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 04:45 PM

Slow down. You don't want to go from never married to divorced in a blink of an eye.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 05:21 PM

Has it been a while since you last relationship?
Some ladies run from one man to the next one in line, let the fun continue the way it is.
See how it goes after the honeymoon phase is over.
Love is easy, living with someone and there issues is hard.
If you are right for each other marriage will come in a year or more anyway.
You're in Love that's how it feels, good!
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 06:29 PM

Thumbs up Re: Hows this for off topic, random and weird?

Hey Danny,

I'd just enjoy the experience for now, and see where it takes you without any strings attached. You can always formalize it later I'm, however, very happy for you. Being alone sucks...

Regards,

JP
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 06:48 PM

Reviews: 25

I say go for it... My wife and I talked about getting married before i asked her. so basically I knew the answer... its all in the delivery of how you ask thats the special part...
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 06:59 PM

Congrats with finding someone special and that you love to be with. If that feels right, then thatīs all that matters.

I was married for 7 years until i met a fantastic girl at work and instantly knew i married the wrong woman. A half year later i married the right girl for me and it was the best decision i ever made. I never felt happier and sheīs the best thing that ever happened in my life.

If it feels that strong, you know itīs good. You are not insane, you just found someone you love and she feels the same way about you. Just enjoy my friend and savor the moments together :-D Life is so short as it is.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian View Post
Has it been a while since you last relationship?
Some ladies run from one man to the next one in line, let the fun continue the way it is.
See how it goes after the honeymoon phase is over.
Love is easy, living with someone and there issues is hard.
If you are right for each other marriage will come in a year or more anyway.
You're in Love that's how it feels, good!
This right here... Exactly. Just be happy with what you have right now for awhile before you go and ruin it with a marriage ceremony
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 08:55 PM

Reviews: 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by dccomputersa View Post
Last Sunday due to circumstances at home she had to come stat with me.
That's the one thing that would make me be careful about this. Sounds like you might have been out of the game for a while, so your blinkers may be on a bit. She suddenly had to come and stay with you. That could be a red flag.

Slow down, enjoy the time, but just also be careful of what you commit to. Don't rush into things. Is she now living with you on a permanent basis, or just temporary? Don't move right in during the "honeymoon" phase. Give yourself some time to get to that stage. That way you can see more sides to your new girl, and make sure everything is good, and the inevitable "less desirable" traits (everyone's got them ) are ones you are happy to live with on a permanent basis.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Talking Re: Hows this for off topic, random and weird?

To have her come stay here where I knew she was safe I pretty much had to beg her to. As for my last relationship, the last "serious" one was over 2 years ago. Since then I have been dating as many lovlies as possible. Maybe not ALOT, but certainly a few. I have several others interested right now. I just only have interest in this girl. I don't know why. I spent most of today with her and was very happy, I plan on spending my evening with her too, just hanging out and watching movies or whatever. From what I know of her, she hasn't had a relationship since 2007, so she isn't going from guy to guy. I am doing my best to help with her situation and get her back to being independent so we can actually start a real relationship. I just really think she is the one. I am happy to have found her, but I am cautious, and i am keeping an eye on everything I can. Thanks for the responses guys!! Keep 'em coming!!
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Talking Re: Hows this for off topic, random and weird?

Still madly in love with her! Its really a first for me, all my other relationships are pale things compared.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 09:36 PM

Good for you bro! Hopefully you found one of the good ones man (and she stays that way too)
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 10:56 PM

Reviews: 18

Don't do it. Be smart and keep on dating her but don't marry her, and don't go thinking about having kids either. Like everyone else has told you already, take your time and enjoy it for what it is. Keep in mind that since you haven't been close to someone for some time (as I perceived it from reading your OP), you're going to gravitate toward the first woman that shows you some attention.

Jimmy
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 11:51 PM

You are not some 21 year old so trust your gut! Anyway, many congrats!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode