Human nature - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 01:31 AM Thread Starter

Human nature

What is it that makes us do the things we do? Is our only function in life to mate? Why do people have this sick overwhelming drive that makes them do so many things. I know many rape victims. I listen to their stories and it hurts a lot. They're surprised to know that I had the same experience when I was 11. As you can tell, that's pretty much one of my main reason for depression and the reason I dont like humanity much.

Le sigh.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 02:56 AM

Re: Human nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.WizardNeck View Post
What is it that makes us do the things we do? Is our only function in life to mate? Why do people have this sick overwhelming drive that makes them do so many things. I know many rape victims. I listen to their stories and it hurts a lot. They're surprised to know that I had the same experience when I was 11. As you can tell, that's pretty much one of my main reason for depression and the reason I dont like humanity much.

Le sigh.....
Hey mate. I haven't posted here in weeks (please forgive me!), and I've noticed these questions you've been asking. They are perfectly normal questions - I used to ask these questions too.

The way I see it, and I'm a logical guy who breaks things down and looks at how things really are, is that we have natural desires, bad temptations, that it is our duty to control. Without this self control the very concept of society/humanity/whatever you call it falls apart.

I'm sorry to hear of your experience. People who do stuff like that are just rotten to the core. They can't control their temptations for whatever reason - weakness to give in to the temptation, psychological issues, or being just plain evil. That's why people do this stuff.

"Is it our only function in life to mate?"

No. Don't fall for that one. That's what all the guys in prisons across the world for rape fall for. It gives them an excuse for why they did what they did. It's BS.

What is our purpose in life? The way I see it, it is to lead as good a life as possible - take the moral high-ground, help others whenever possible, and enjoy your life without being greedy or exploiting others. That, and avoiding the "Humans are just animals" BS that is frequently spouted. That kind of stuff just gives people reasons to commit horrid things like rape and murder.

I'm sorry to hear about your depression too, I know how it feels... take care, bro. And remember that not all humanity is bad! The world is a good place, you just need to look through all the crap that goes on to see it, which nowadays is not an easy task, but the good is still there.

Take care

Smithy (Shredder87)
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 03:02 AM

So we're here just to mate That is just one tiny part of our life, anyway people who rapes are mostly suffered with some mental problem and along with the drive for sex causes them to do so
post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 09:15 PM

Phill, I'm glad that you got this off of your chest... Aren't you?
We're your family, we're here to support you!
...If I do the funky chicken dance, will it make you feel better?
We need you here to stir things up, soooo...
Stay here with us, okay??

~ Katrina
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2tom View Post
So we're here just to mate That is just one tiny part of our life, anyway people who rapes are mostly suffered with some mental problem and along with the drive for sex causes them to do so
+1 It's way more than just some randy guy that causes rape - Deep Routed Mental ISSUES.

The way I see it, we were programmed with a pseudo-need to mate because, lets face it, if something wasn't making us, we probably wouldn't. Nature's programming or however you'd like to call it. If it weren't for these instincts, Humans would have been toast long ago. However, in today's society, people just use this as a scapegoat when its entirely taken out of context.
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 02:16 AM

Why are you asking all these pshycological questions?

you sound like you are going to commit suicide.

BTW, I don't like humanity very much either.
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 03:11 AM

Believe it or not, our greatest enemy is actually ourselves. Everyone has needs. We have needs to be rich, famous, handsome or pretty, respected and many more. Practically humans are basically domineering, selfish and greedy creature. Since the creation of Adam until now, we actually never evolved that much in that aspect. It has always been about ourselves (about fulfilling our needs). Has always been and will always be. We would do anything so that we can to reach our objectives of fulfilling our needs. Kill, rape, bribe, adultery, frameing someone, anything...name it, you've got it.

Imagine if you leave in a jungle alone and you dont give a damn in the world about this worldly possesions......I will leave the rest to your imagination
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 07:20 AM

So sorry to hear that Phill.Hope you stay here and keep posting though.You are one of us now
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 07:26 AM

You should consider getting professional help. I know a lot of people who have benefitted from that. You sound truly depressed, Mr. Wizardneck. It's kind of worrying.

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you when you were eleven. I think that is something that you really should consider discussing with a psychiatrist. If you are really depressed, you have to do something about it. Wait a minute, I remember reading in one of your previous posts that you are already on medication? Is it helping? You still sound really down.

Last edited by Myst and rain; 09-23-2006 at 08:17 AM.
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 07:58 AM

You need help, bro. We all mean well here, but you can tell from our varied responses that we come from different angles on the "meaning of life" questions, and none of it will help you. You need someone talk to one-on-one for a good amount of time with someone who can see all the individual nuances of YOUR personality, and a forum isn't the place for that - even if we all were trained to.

I'm serious - get counseling. People do who have been through less than you have. It's not a mark of weakness; some people just aren't lucky enough to be in a situation where others are there to talk to about the "deep stuff".
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 08:10 AM

Jester700 is 100% right.

If it makes you feel any better, I agree that 9 out of 10 people in the modern world are arseholes and there goal is to make life for the good folk a living hell.

If only people had a tattoo on their forehead that described them (i.e. pain in the arse, selfish, rude, etc.) then everyone would know where they were up to. Not sure what I'd have on my head, probably "strong values"
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez249 View Post
Jester700 is 100% right.

If it makes you feel any better, I agree that 9 out of 10 people in the modern world are arseholes and there goal is to make life for the good folk a living hell.

If only people had a tattoo on their forehead that described them (i.e. pain in the arse, selfish, rude, etc.) then everyone would know where they were up to. Not sure what I'd have on my head, probably "strong values"

This reminds me of Britney Spears. She wanted a tattoo that was the Japanese symbol for 'Mysterious'. But it wasn't until later that she found out that they had mistakenly tattoo'd the Japanese symbol for 'Weird' on her instead!

Oh Britney... Sigh.
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 08:28 AM

Its easier to embrace the negative than it is to fight to hold on the small amount of good that lives within most people.
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez249 View Post
No Dave........you would have "still only 23.....honest"!!!
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 11:42 AM

lol, I fear being one of those old guys that just can't let go of there youth.

Tags
iron maiden , morbid angel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode