Hung out with Carlos Mencia - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Hung out with Carlos Mencia

So Carlos Mencia was in Kuwait doing a support the troops thing and he had to come to the Embassy for some paperwork. I saw him when he came in and invited him over to the house for a beer. I was surprised when he showed up, he was very cool, down to Earth, and his whole crew were really cool guys. They hung out with us for about half an hour just BSing, very cool. The night before, a few of my Marines went to the base they were performing at (there were a bunch of them on the tour) and hung out backstage with Jessica Simpson, Disturbed, and a few others I can't remember. One of my guys was talking to Jessica Simpson and she got a call from Tony Romo (she calls him Antonio haha). I don't know how he kept his eyes off of her boobs. Another guy got some pics and a guitar pick from Disturbed. He said they were super cool, totally down to Earth, absolutely normal guys. Anyhoo...

Last edited by GilkyBear; 03-14-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 11:18 AM

Re: Hung out with Carlos Mencia

Awesome KEV What a blast that must've been!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilkyBear View Post
Hey....hold on a sec!! He's got his arm around my G.F!!

GRR!!

BTW - don't get excited bro, I'm talking about the lovely gal on the left, not the right

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilkyBear View Post
and a few others I can't remember.
CLASSIC!!!!!!!

Hey..where's the pix of Jess, or did you forget about those too??

~ROCK~
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 11:18 AM

How many jokes did he copy from other comedians while you talked?

Very coo, though I'm sooooo not a fan of Mencia. But it's always cool to meet new folks who are on the boob tube, especially when they have boobs like Jessica Simpson's. Good stuff.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Banned

Intially I read the title of this thread and was going to reply with "Sorry to hear that"

But it's cool that he went down and showed support for the troops. I used to like him alot until I realized how blatant of a thief he was when it came to material.

I saw him at Radio City and laughed my balls off two years ago.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777 View Post
Hey..where's the pix of Jess, or did you forget about those too??
Lol, yeah, I was gonna ask him if he could get Joe Rogan to come to Kuwait haha. Jessica didn't come to the embassy and my knucklehead didn't get a picture with her.

I'm not a huge fan either, but he was a really cool guy and his crew were all super cool too.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 04:45 PM

I like his show, he seems pretty level headed to me most of the time. Cool pics, looks like a good time!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 04:49 PM

Lucky dude. Do me a favor, Thank all of your troops and folks for me. I support our military. On Vets Day I take my kids to the VA to visit our Vets and teach them that you dudes protect us from the bad guys. Heh, everytime my 5yr old son sees a person in military uni he goes up to them awestrck and thanks them.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 07:03 PM

I bet he's now walking around telling everyone "Hey....i hung out with that mod dude from Jemsite!!!!!!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode