I Am Back From Heart Surgery!! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

I Am Back From Heart Surgery!!

I wanted to thank all of you that had sent emails and cards to me while I was in the hospital having surgery. For those that dont know... well it was the most uh..... interesting/scary/painfull/religious/intense things I have ever had done.

I had open heart surgery scheduled so they could replace a valve, insert a pacemaker, and remove an entire muscle from the wall of the interior of my heart. I am 29 years old so this was just not suppose to happen you know?!?!? lol With God and youth on my side I made it through to where they only had to replace the valve with a titanium one. The pacemaker was not needed and they believe the muscle will repair itself now that the valve is working properly.

I am here at home and out of work for about 2 months or so waiting to completely heal. I had no idea but man when they split your chest open it sure screwes up everything from bones to muscles. If I dont take this pain medication, I would not be able to move!! But the great thing is that each day I feel better than the last and I cant wait to start recording the new album in 4 months and get out there on the road promoting it!!!

Anyhow I have always thought this forum was just filled with people that felt more like "family" than friends and I just wanted to say thanks again for the emails and cards and everything from all of you. It kept the spirits up and sure meant allot!

I can move but barely. All I can do right now is check email on this little laptop from time to time and watch ALLOT of TV which is something I normally just dont do. I am already starting to go crazy. I think I will be able to pick up a guitar in about 2 weeks. I cant even remember the last time I went that long without even touching a guitar. I may lose my mind. The guys from Scott Dixon amplifiers were great. They said they wanted to do something in titanium for the next amp so I would already be "retro-fitted" for it. lol

Anyhow if anyone gets bored..... shoot me an email!! I cant respond to them right away cause I am basically typing with one finger (which is taking forever) but it will be a nice break in my otherwise monotonous day!!

Keep Rockin',

Rikk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 06:46 PM

Re: I Am Back From Heart Surgery!!

My Dad had heart surgery so I know the recovery will be hard. Just relax and take it easy. Good luck and I wish you a speedy recovery.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 06:48 PM

Rikk,

I did not know about the surgery, but I am glad that everything went well. Hang in there, it's only going to get better from now on. Good to hear from you, and I'm looking for ward to you releasing more music!
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 09:07 PM

I didn't know about the surgery either, but wanted to leave a congrats message too. Good to hear everything's going awesome, and can't wait to hear the new music when you get in the studio
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 10:41 PM

Good to hear you're doing well. My Dad had 2 bypasses (as did my grandfather), so I'm probably next in line... Definitely "do all the right stuff" after you heal WRT diet & exercise. It can be tedious, but good health is worth it (I wish dad would listen to the doc...)
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 11:08 PM

Glad to hear you're ok, hope you make a quick recovery.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 12:11 AM

God damn Rikk, WTF?! Heart surgery?! I don't know what to say. I wish I had known, I would have sent an email at least or something. I was actually wondering where you'd been, I ordered a body from Chris Woods on your (sorta kinda) recommendation, you can check it out on his artists page under jimw now that you have some free time! I was going to ask you if you thought he could pull off an Explorer body, but you were too busy "having surgery" to pop in here for a chat .
Seriously though, I'm glad you're feeling better every day, and I hope that continues for at least a few more months Let us know if you need anything. I just got a copy of an old Ratt live video the other day, I'll put it up on my site so you can check it out during your recovery. It's only like 3 songs, but it's from '85 and it rules. Just don't tell anybody
And next time (God forbid) tell CrossJem to post something so we're in the loop! Seriously, let us know if you need anything. And if you're going to be laid up for a while, post a bit, there's alot of folks you know who post or pop in every day.
I'm glad it's all worked out, Feel better man,
jim

Last edited by jim777; 04-03-2005 at 12:17 AM.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 03:35 AM

The video is at http://jim777.com/ratt.concert.zip, enjoy
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 03:53 AM

Sorry to hear about the surgery dude, glad your all okay! I can imagine that you are going more than crazy not playing guitar!! Get back to that inspiring guitar playing dude, asap.

Last edited by the.godfather; 04-03-2005 at 10:12 AM.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 05:10 AM

Thumbs up Re: I Am Back From Heart Surgery!!

Holy Jesus, man. You're roughly my age, and you had a heart surgery. That's hard to fit inside my head. Just like you said, when you're 29 you don't think these kinds of things can happen to you.

I wish you a speedy and full recovery. Hopefully that titanium thing is better than the one mother Nature designed.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 06:34 AM

hope you get well rick
John
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 08:12 AM

Hey Bro, Had your CD on when i saw this post, Am ecstatic that you managed to hold off the pacemaker and muscle removal, can only be a good thing long term, Get better and well quick, Record that album, and put me down for a copy.

All my love (not man love dude) and wishes to a speedier than normal recovery

Rob
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 10:25 AM

I really glad the surgery went well, Rikk! Remember, I'm less than an hour away. Let me know if you need anything. Here's to a speedy recovery!
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 10:56 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

Wow... good to hear you are ok & it sounds like you're in good hands. Wishing you a quick & complete recovery ...glen
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 11:08 AM

glad to hear from you dood! I didn't know about the surgery either. Take it easy man and I wish you a very speedy recovery!

Tags
beautiful guitar , chris woods , guitar playing , playing guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode