I buried my Grandmother today. - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 12:55 AM Thread Starter

I buried my Grandmother today.

I dont really want ro rewrite it so heres the original blog.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...AC77BF72577290

Please excuse the grammatical errors, its late.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 07:05 AM

Re: I buried my Grandmother today.

hey the link does not work... but im sorry to hear about your grandmother... at least she's in a better place
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 08:06 AM

So sorry about your loss.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 08:19 AM

My deepest condolences to you and your family
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 08:26 AM

My condolances.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 08:32 AM

Reviews: 18

My condolences. Losing a grandparent is not easy, and I'm sure it's taking a toll on your parents. I hope God gives you and your family the strength to keep walking forward and know that she's in a better place and she's not suffering anymore.

Jimmy
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 08:46 AM

I know it's little consolation, but fond memories of her and your family heritage live on in you. She'll always be part of your life. My condolences to you and your extended family over your loss.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 01:38 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

condolences to you and her friends & family.

losing a grandparent is tough, as they often have a special place in our hearts (as she always will in yours) different from other relatives and even parents. i'm still saddened to think i lost my last grandparent just weeks before my oldest daughter was born because the joy she would have gotten from her first great-grand child would have been tremendous... but that just wasn't meant to be.

i can't read the myspace thingy (& i'm sure others) so if you can copy/paste that would be appreciated... glen
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 03:50 PM

Sorry to hear that. I've been there and it is not an easy thing to go through no matter how well you think you are prepared. My condolences to you and your family.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 04:21 PM

My condolances.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 04:47 PM

Reviews: 5

I know how ya feel

My grandmother passed december there and I still cant believe shes gone

My condolences to you and your family

Take it easy dude try and get it off your mind
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 05:28 PM

Sorry for your loss.

There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of the role my grandparents played in my life. They were the most wonderful people and I wish I would have spent more of my teenage years with them.

I came to find that as I grew as an adult, the more I loved them as people and considered them my friends.

Grandparents are generally caring to a fault and they love you no matter what yours are.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 05:56 PM

Reviews: 120

My condolences to you. My grandfather passed away a few months ago and I can understand how tough it is. Just remember all the good times you may have had, and keep a smile on your face, even if there are a few tears.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Sorry about the link, heres the blog.

I buried my stepgrandmother today.

Mary Turenne was a incredible woman, she fled Germany during the war after being a German nurse with her two children to live in the states with her newly wed American husband whom she loved dearly. Not but three years after she arrived in the states her husband died in a plane accident leaving her alone with her two children in a foriegn country as a single mother to fend for family. She got a job in a drugstore in independence oregon and raised her children constantly telling them to keep their heads up and be proud.

Time passed and she continually got better jobs here and there eventually she ended up as the supervisor in the radiology department at salem general hospital, by now both margie and Ludwig (her children) have grown and started their own families. Ludwig ended up seperating from his first wife to marry my mother whom he knew through his office. My mother had somewhat recently gone through her own divorce, and was in need of a shoulder to cry on. Fast forward a yaer through the dating and engagement they marry. Not but perhaps 6-10 months later Mary has a major stroke and is restricted to using a cane or wheelcair.

Eventaully it came to the point where she was bed ridden and she came to live at Margie's house.

Flash forward another year or so Mary's health starts to decline and she slowly stops eating. About a week from that time later at night Mary's breathing starts to become irregular and drawn out and her body tempereature drops drastically. By the next night she passed peacefully, in her own bed surronded by pictures of her children, grandchildren, and greatgrandchildren, and her caring daughter.

Funeral arrangments are made, and she is buried after a beautiful mass service and graveside service.

Though I can tell everyone about the major experiences she had in life, I still didnt really know her. God did I ever want to really get to know her, but that stroke wouldnt allow it.

In German the word for Grandmother is Omi.

I loved and still love my "Omi".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode