I canít believe I made it home;O) - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

Red face I canít believe I made it home;O)

WowÖsheer insanity! I left work at 12:00 noon. I FINALLY got home around 9:00. A usual 25 to 30 min drive. WE are having the blizzard of the century!! No Sh*T!!~

Every way that I tried to get home was shut down. No matter which way I tried, no GO! There are hundreds (probably thousands) of stranded motorists. Grrrr! There needs to be a law that NO one in Colorado can drive anything other than a 4x4.

All these freaking Beemers, Stangs and Camaros (sorry Andy) stuck everywhere Grrr! BLOCKING THE ROADS!!!!!

I sat in the same spot (at a dead stop) for 3 Ĺ hours! And I was Really getting worried because I was BELOW empty! (I left work with a half tank) Grrr...and... Running out of gas would NOT be advisable in this situation......

SoÖbecause of the gas situation and the fact that I had to pee worse than Iíve ever had to in my entire life (plus I wanted a beer) I got out of my truck and walked across the median through the snow. (just to see if my truck could make it) I was able to walk though it like knee / waste deep. So I was likeÖF it! Iím going for it.

I made it YEAH!!!! I love my truck

So I headed the other way (away from home) Finally I was able to get a gas station (after jumping on a bus and asking where one was ) The gas station was closed : ( They wouldnít even let me use their bathroom! How Un-hospitible of them!! Grr! (so I made a LOT of yellow snow on the side of their building...heee heee! :O) )

I finally found Mini-Mart that was open. Whew! Got gas and some munchies! I found out in there that all roads and highways back to my area were closed! Denver International Airport closed, everything was closed. Even McDonalds and 7-11 The only two motels in this little town were full (duh)

They told me a shelter was set up at the Hospital down the way!! Errrmmm! IĎm like, F it! Iím finding a way home! I found an old back road that not many people know about and it wasnít closed! Sweet! I was able to make it back to this side. Only because the Camaros and Mustangs werenít able to make it out there to block the way!

I finally got back here (VERY THIRSTY) and

Much to my surprise, the Liquor Store was still open! Well..it wasnít but the owner had just locked the door and gotten in his car! I had to physically make him open back up the store and sell me 3, 30 pacs SUCCESS!!!!!!!!

WHEW!!!!!!!!!! I am going to enjoy a day off tomorrow. I feel really bad for a lot of people because there are a LOT of folks stranded everywhere! Shelters set up in Malls, Hospitals, etc.

SHEER insanity!

LolÖsorry for the long post! I took some pics when I got home and then went back out to take a couple shots! Didnít go too far! Itís just too insane! (even for my mighty beast) But I did manage to get a few pics

It's sposed to snow all night and though tomorrow, so I'll post updated pics if I can open the door........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

Re: I canít believe I made it home;O)

Right when I got home

Back out into the craziness

post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 12:15 AM

Glad to hear you made it home safely. Thank God for the 4x4s!

We had our major snow storm right after a Seahawk game--pure hell because it took people 7-9 hours to get home on a regular 30 minute drive!

We recently had a major wind storm and it blew the power out for 1-6 days. Lucky for me power was out for only 24hrs.

Good call on the beer run Jim. It will pay off for making the store owner let you get your necessities. Have a good day off dude.

Paul
post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 12:21 AM

thats insane, I was suppose to be flying into dia today but my flight was cancelled now there telling me i might not be able to get a flight untill saturday, this sucks i was suppose to see my friends band play at the bluebird, but i think it was cancelled to.
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 12:23 AM

Damn dude!

I know snow can be a pain in the ass, but to be snowed in with guitars, food and no where you have to be...

Enjoy it!
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 12:24 AM

Wow, looks like oodles of fun!
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 12:26 AM

Damn!!! I wish I can play with those snow
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 12:40 AM

Wow! what an adventure that must have been. No work for a few days though. Not all bad.

If we get more than a light dusting here everything grinds to a halt. Was even worse back in the UK where even the threat of snow caused life to be cancelled.

My cars AWD, but being as its an Impreza WRX wouldnt be much use in a blizzard. A coupla inches though and much fun would be had.

Enjoy yourself!
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 12:47 AM

Reviews: 10
Thumbs up Re: I canít believe I made it home;O)

Good you made it home Jim! It has been a few years since we have not gotten hit with such bad snow storm!!!
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 01:10 AM Thread Starter

Thanks folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_R View Post
It will pay off for making the store owner let you get your necessities. Paul
Trust me Paul,....after my day, he didn't have a choice Especailly after all my years of loyal patronage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffron Shrimp View Post
i was suppose to see my friends band play at the bluebird, but i think it was cancelled to.
Really??? I love the Bluebird Which band is it???

And yeah, it's DEFINITELY cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
Damn dude!

I know snow can be a pain in the ass, but to be snowed in with guitars, food and no where you have to be...

Enjoy it!
Yeah, perfect as long as long as the power stays on

And Alf, I WILL go out and play in it tomorrow
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 01:46 AM

the band is letters from the front and the show is friday, i also love the ogden,mammoth now the fillmore,lodo,red rocks,fiddlers,fox. all those venues are great. The first show I went to was pantera/white zombie in '96 at red rocks. I was 13 one of the best shows i've been to.
post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777 View Post
And Alf, I WILL go out and play in it tomorrow
Yay!
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 02:47 AM

Reviews: 120

Damn thats one hell of a dump! Good to hear you made it back home ok.
post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 04:07 AM

that's a mental amount of snow.

Needing a pee so bad it hurts is not fun, but the relief of finally relieving yourself is very satisfying
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 04:17 AM

Yep, my 4x4 saved my bacon in the same situation once, just as well cos I had my 1 year old with me and kids dont do snowed in for long

when Mcdonalds closes, you know you are in trouble :P !

at least you were home with a beer by the end of the day (evening)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode