I hate being young - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 03:35 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 11
I hate being young

most of yall are older............ you're lucky.Nothing worse then not being taken serious.......... honestly, it sucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 03:51 AM
Banned

Reviews: 64
Re: I hate being young

Believe me being taken serious has nothing to do with age but with...........attitude
Being smart or dumb has nothing to do with age.
There are dumb and smart people in all ages.
post #3 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 04:37 AM
Banned

Reviews: 4

wait till you get to 40 then you will wish you were young again,you cant win either way lol.
post #4 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 04:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCK YOU SUCKERS View Post
wait till you get to 40 then you will wish you were young again,you cant win either way lol.

Bwahahahahahahhahaahah
post #5 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 04:51 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98

I've been enjoying the heck out of my 40s--I can get away with wearing my silly hats and tell people that my constant comic book talk and collection is my "mid-life crisis."

post #6 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 05:20 AM

Trust me - I would swap places with you right now! You make the most of this time of your life because there will soon be a time when you wish you had it back!!
post #7 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
Believe me being taken serious has nothing to do with age but with...........attitude
This.
post #8 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 08:03 AM

Reviews: 19

Youth is wasted on the young.
post #9 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 09:14 AM

Reviews: 13

guys, im 15, and no matter what i do im never taken serious by adults, unless they are drunk.
post #10 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 09:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownHomeRock View Post
guys, im 15, and no matter what i do im never taken serious by adults, unless they are drunk.
Yep but OP said he hates being young, you're not young, you're a bacteria
post #11 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 10:08 AM

The years will pass much more quickly than you think. It seems like forever now, but the years start flying by as you get older.
post #12 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 10:23 AM

Reviews: 21

Probably all of us have been through this in one way or another DownHomeRock. It's true that being taken seriously is a matter of attitude and maturity but if you're a decent honest person these things will come in time.
Seriously, though. ENJOY your youth! Enjoy every second of it. It's a ride you only get to take once.
post #13 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 11:30 AM

Reviews: 2

@Linux:.... All of us have something to add to the world. Your opinions and insight's are just as important as anyone's. It may be that when someone older disagrees or dismisses you, they still take you seriously, they just disagree. Your at the age now where in some aspects your still a "kid"...... but a kid with all the responsibilities and worries that the rest of us do. It's a tough time, but be glad for it....... very soon you'll lose the kid part (and it IS a sad loss)

@DownHome: The same applies to you but I'm assuming without the responsibilities. This is the time in your life that you'll form some of the foundation beliefs, morals, and attitudes that you'll carry into adulthood. It's the greatest time of life if you decide to make it that. This is the time to be observant and a good listener. Most "kids" I see today (and I see/talk to a lot of them) will dismiss my thoughts/opinions as "old man" stuff. They're positive that I have no clue what's going on in the world today...."Hey if it ain't on MTV, it ain't the real world".....lol. I LOVE that attitude!!!

For the vast amount of human history, the "elders" were revered because they held the knowledge of the world. The truth was: If you wanted to stay alive- the "elders were the only one's with the knowledge to do it. You HAD to listen and understand or you would end up a (carnivore of your choice here) dinner!!!

Be observant.
Listen well.
Be careful at all times.

With the three guidelines above in mind, have as much fun as possible!!! With that and a little luck........ you'll end up being the man we all hope to be someday.... just remember, the quest never ends

Ryc
post #14 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 12:44 PM

Reviews: 4

I don't believe I've had this problem ... I'm actually about 10 years younger then LP, does this problem get worse for a while when you get a little older (serious question, I wouldn't consider LP a 'kid')!?

Hey, at least we take you serious in the forum!
And, if you think you not being taken seriously by other folks... god gave ya fists for a reason! hahahahahhahahah

EDIT: Ninja'd by ryc

Treva, your wisdom is ageless, asl dude?
post #15 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 11

Heh, I know I know... There are times where people automatically write me off for my age instead of actually listening to me.

FWD -> you're 15? O.o I always have this problem where I assume everyone on a forum is the same person as me until they say otherwise haha. "Does this problem get worse as you age?" Id say yes. Im coming to a point in my life where Im still grouped with college kids/tweenagers, but I have a much higher level of responsibility then that group. At the same time Im not "old enough" to be "responsible/mature"... its truly frustrating.

taracatac -> haha, I hope not, they are flying by quite fast now! Just realized in a month it will be a year since I got out of the navy O.o feels like 3 months, not even joking.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode