I know some one here will steer me in the right direction - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Banned

I know some one here will steer me in the right direction

I have a Samsung LNT4665F that I want to mount on my wall. The apartment I'm moving into is a studio apartment, so I want to be able to see the TV from my bed, as well as from the other side on the couch (obviously, lol).

I want to get something with a swivel arm so that I can pull it out and watch tv from all areas of the apartment, but I'm unsure of what to get. What are you guys using, how do you like it and what do they run?

Thanks.

I saw some of these things, tell me what you think.

http://cgi.****.com/ws/****ISAPI.dll..._promot_widget

http://cgi.****.com/TILTING-WALL-MOU...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.****.com/27-30-32-37-42-5...QQcmdZViewItem

Are any of these ideal?

EDIT: I can't believe E bay is censored. Is there any way I can include these links so people will know what I'm talking about, or should I jsut include auction numbers?

Last edited by IbanezPrestigeBoy; 01-22-2008 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Links don't work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 12:55 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Re: I know some one here will steer me in the right direction

e-bay has been censored for years - get over it.

don't get a swivel arm unless it's *really* need to pull out the panel. these panels have a large viewing angle, unlike TVs.

if you need the articulating arm, don't get a cheap one that is not adjustable or the panel will be ****-eyed for lack of better description

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...962&CatId=2463

the most important thing for these panels is allowing slight DOWNWARD tilt ... glen
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 04:01 PM

This is what you need...

http://www.mk1studio.com/www.mk1stud...t%20Video.html
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Thanks Glen, I'm going to look into it. I was talking to a few of the guys at work about articulating mounts and one guys said they a bit more dangerous in mounting because when you pull the arm out it's more strenuous to the wall. Is this an accuarate statement or is he talking out of his tookas?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 02:33 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

there are some red flags, but if it's the only option then do it or get an installer.

the 46" panel is probalby 70-ish pounds. so you need to install on TWO studs. The one i posted you can see hits two studs and has a few inches of adjustability.

the wall isn't going to collapse, nor is it dangerous if you mount properly, it's just this poses some issues they don't tell you about in the showroom or in advertisements. for example, you also need to get power there & route/hide the cables & place the cablebox/dvd player somewhere (you never see that in the ads) ... glen

the tilting one you showed #370013966784 is what i'd try to use (no articulating arm) either way

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode