I love hot food, but dayum... - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 12
Red face I love hot food, but dayum...

I was just taken to a place to try the "hottest wings I would ever eat in my life"...Now I love hot food, and have been eating the hottest stuff I can try my entire life, so of course this seemed like a good idea...

We ordered a few different flavors and of course 8 of the deathly hot ones. They came out and we immediately dug into the hot ones. I have built a grand cathedral of some of the stupidest things ever done with a group of guys, and this ranks right up there with the best of them. I was able to finish one...HOLY SH!T!! It didn't even taste good it was just like being kicked in the nuts 20 times and having to pay for it. They market them at 13 and a half million scoville units...My dumb @ss day!

I swear this was so freaking hot, that my stomach is still in knots and this is after I took 3 Tums and a Nexium

Last edited by DEADTUNES666; 07-31-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 03:06 PM

Re: I love hot food, but dayum...

This sounds like the time a mate and I had a chilli eating contest.

With dried bird's eye chilis.

Using 5 at a time.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 03:13 PM

I have no tolerance at all for hot (spicy) food. That would have been the death of me
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 03:22 PM

http://nothingtoxic.com/media/118525...abanero_Pepper
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADTUNES666 View Post
They bill them at 13 and a half million scoville units...My dumb @ss day!
Ho ly sh it ... That is not even cool. I have a very, very high tolerance for hot stuff, have a very vast collection of hot sauces, and some hybrid habaneros in the freezer. But that is just not even funny...

I have two hot sauces here, Blair's 5 AM and Blair's 6 AM billed at 5 million and 6 million Scoville units, respectively, and I am afraid to try them.

I think Blair's Caldera is 13 million. I cannot imagine someone making wings and putting that stuff all over them. I'm surprised they don't have a Hazmat team supervising the process.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 03:28 PM

Those wings couldn't have been made with hot sauce, to get that hot they must have been made with pure capsaicin. Red Savina Habaneros are only about 580K scovilles at their very hottest (usually around 400K), and they will burn you twice easily (Once on the way in....) and for a long time as well. 13.5Mil, seriously, in my opinion that is nearly criminally negligent. There are only concentrates that get that high, nothing in nature gets anywhere remotely near that high off the plant. Nothing that hot is edible, and the seller knows it and it isn't funny.

Like you, I love hot food and always order the hottest available, but that 13Million scovilles should have been a give away. You need to know your scovilles my friend!

Anyway, get yourself some high quality (lots of fat) vanilla ice cream and hope for the best. Ben & Jerry's or Breyers or something not generic. Feel better!
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: I love hot food, but dayum...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
Those wings couldn't have been made with hot sauce, to get that hot they must have been made with pure capsaicin. Red Savina Habaneros are only about 580K scovilles at their very hottest (usually around 400K), and they will burn you twice easily (Once on the way in....) and for a long time as well. 13.5Mil, seriously, in my opinion that is nearly criminally negligent. There are only concentrates that get that high, nothing in nature gets anywhere remotely near that high off the plant. Nothing that hot is edible, and the seller knows it and it isn't funny.

Like you, I love hot food and always order the hottest available, but that 13Million scovilles should have been a give away. You need to know your scovilles my friend!

Anyway, get yourself some high quality (lots of fat) vanilla ice cream and hope for the best. Ben & Jerry's or Breyers or something not generic. Feel better!
I knew before going in it was going to be ridiculously hot but truly thought I would be the one to make it out alive! They were injected with the hot stuff, as well as having a sauce all over them...but it was the injection that was supposed to make it unreal! They also had warnings up and on the menu...On the other side of things their regular wings are very good!
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 04:25 PM

I love hot food too. Love hot wings. But there comes a point when it is just ridiculous. Like pure Habanero sauce. I'm more about layering my hot sauce when I make it. And it's still usually too hot for any of my friends to eat. But there are a ton of flavours... Mmmmm makes me wanna have some wings.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 06:06 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

wait....................is this a thread about RINGS getting on fire????!!!

bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 12:40 AM

Reviews: 21

Hahahahahahaha
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 03:45 AM

Reviews: 34

Dude, that is more aggressive than pepper spray.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoville_scale
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 03:45 AM
Banned

if you like hot food and theres a indian restraunt (takeaway) near where you live, order phall its a red hot curry.try it lol
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 10:03 AM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by UV-7-BK View Post

Hahahahahahaha
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanez777vbk View Post
if you like hot food and theres a indian restraunt (takeaway) near where you live, order phall its a red hot curry.try it lol
ham aham I need t.p. for my cornholio aham aham lol
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanez777vbk View Post
A long time ago back when I was in college, the Indian restaurant we went to did a "Triple Phal"; you had to sign a disclaimer to order one and if you finished it you got it free!!!

One of my buddies tried it on a sports team night out, he said he temporarily lost his vision whilst eating it!!!

No he didn't finish it, and no we didn't rib im about it, it was that hot!!!
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 06:05 PM

I have a love of hot wings myself and recently had a friend who brought back some from a local burger shack. Three bites in to them I knew I was done. I even started to hiccup it was so bad! (I'm sweating again just thinking of them)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode