I made it to Chicago's Art Loop Open - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

I made it to Chicago's Art Loop Open

My photo has been chosen to run in Chicago's Art Loop Open. There were over 800 entries. I was one of the 200 to make it. Our work will be setup throughout the city for the public to vote on in the next week or so. 10 locations, 200 artists. I didn't realize how huge this was. I had a feeling I should enter, $65 entry fee (which was something I couldn't really spend) and no guarantee of being in it. My work should be ready tomorrow at the pro framing place I selected downtown. The lady said it is an honor to be in this and that it's a big deal. One thing I HATED is that I had to use RITZ camera to print my 16X20...CRINGE! My lab wouldn't be able to get it to me in time, as they are in los angeles. It looks good.

The pro framing was more than I thought but the works will be available to the public. We had to price our work, which I wasn't sure how to do. I have been assigned a curator and she is a huge help. Not sure what is next other than we are to attend a meet and greet 10/15 downtown from 5pm-8pm, drinks, etc. Not sure what I'm going to do. Just stand there? It's not like I have a guitar or anything. Ahhhh, mingling with the artists / thespians.... haha, can't wait for that. I'll probably go in a Hawks jersey and Nikes.

It wasn't just photography, there are sculptures and painters and other oddities of interest.

Here is the link for more cool details:

http://www.artloopopen.com/

Image I chose, entitled "Look up"
I have so many Chicago shots, I didn't know what to choose. In the end, this is the one that spoke to me.

Last edited by shredmaster; 10-05-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 10:01 PM

Reviews: 1
Re: I made it to Chicago's Art Loop Open

DUDE!, congrats!!!
This is an excellent recognition, it can do a whole world of difference in how your work is perceived.
Nothing but good positive thoughts for a well reviewed showing!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Thanks man, I appreciate that! Each day I see a little more how big this is...although I'm still not sure how big. I would love to keep the momentum going and become a Chicago "artist" meaning, to be in that realm of artist...different area of working you know. If you're not busy, stop on by, have a couple drinks...we'll hang out.

Steve
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 10:19 AM

Reviews: 1

So I guess the price for the family, fall / outdoor shoot is going up?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

ha, interesting you should bring this up. my wedding pricing went up...but i'm still competitive. i learned a long time ago to charge appropriately. if people want to pass me by, so be it. i would rather spend time at home rather than hours with people who don't care. a lot of work goes into photo and video and people just don't see it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode