I Made it Into Guitar World! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

I Made it Into Guitar World!

Okay okay, so it's just the "Defenders of the Faith" column, where you simply send in your info + photo, but hell, I'm still pretty excited. It's the closest to fame I'll ever get :hbang:

So, go grab the latest issue and say "Yeah, I know that guy right there"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 01:34 PM

Reviews: 10
Re: I Made it Into Guitar World!

That is awesome!!! I always read the Defenders of the Faith section when I pick up Guitar World - that is so cool that you made it in there - congratulations! =) You must be quite the player based on the list of songs you've been playing! Is this from issue with Keith Richards on the cover?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
That is awesome!!! I always read the Defenders of the Faith section when I pick up Guitar World - that is so cool that you made it in there - congratulations! =) You must be quite the player based on the list of songs you've been playing! Is this from issue with Keith Richards on the cover?
Actually, no, I think the "Chief Keef" issue was last month.

I appreciate the vote of confidence in my playing, but those are just songs I'm WORKING on. Believe me, it's not really an indicator of my skill--just the music I listen to (which is beyond my present ability).
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 01:53 PM

Ok, I think the latest issue is the one with Trey Anastasio on the cover...I've seen it on the GW site but I don't think I've seen it on the magazine racks here yet. How long ago did you send in your profile to GW? btw - I hope you get that evh5150 amp you want
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 02:08 PM

on a side note - if you want a 5150 you should try the Kemper...a buddy of mine was at my house last night and we spent a few hours playing his new Kemper powerhead and the 5150 profiles on the Kemper are DEADLY! I couldn't stop playing the 5150 profiles - so fun!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 02:54 PM

Well done man!!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Ok, I think the latest issue is the one with Trey Anastasio on the cover...I've seen it on the GW site but I don't think I've seen it on the magazine racks here yet. How long ago did you send in your profile to GW? btw - I hope you get that evh5150 amp you want
I sent it about a month ago... I think. I probably had a bit of an edge because I'm a little older (and willing to post my age... unlike "N/A" guy there on the right). I think they like to have a good mix of ages, so I'm representin' the OG's.

Quote:
on a side note - if you want a 5150 you should try the Kemper...a buddy of mine was at my house last night and we spent a few hours playing his new Kemper powerhead and the 5150 profiles on the Kemper are DEADLY! I couldn't stop playing the 5150 profiles - so fun!
I actually have an Axe-Fx II. I've never heard the Kemper's profiles, but I imagine they're as good or better than my AFx. However, there's still a part of me that would love to have an actual tube amp blasting through a real 4 x 12. And if I did, that's the one I'd get
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaestro View Post
I sent it about a month ago... I think. I probably had a bit of an edge because I'm a little older (and willing to post my age... unlike "N/A" guy there on the right). I think they like to have a good mix of ages, so I'm representin' the OG's.

I actually have an Axe-Fx II. I've never heard the Kemper's profiles, but I imagine they're as good or better than my AFx. However, there's still a part of me that would love to have an actual tube amp blasting through a real 4 x 12. And if I did, that's the one I'd get
I'm older than you and we're not OG's - we're Gen X'ers

I hear ya - that's why even though I want a Kemper really really bad I still wouldn't sell my Carvin Legacy VL 100 =) There is something special about a tube head blasting air through a cab moving your pants legs and thumping through the floorboards. Although the Kemper Powerhead that I tried last night was pretty freakin amazing...and we only had it running through a Blackstar 112 - would sound even more awesome through a nice 4x12 =)

I also checked out your guitar answer guy site - very cool! cute pic of your dog on there too...I've heard greyhounds are sweet companions.

Cheers

Last edited by doriangrey; 12-09-2015 at 07:41 PM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 08:28 PM

Reviews: 1

Congrats! Your guitar list is much better than most I see in there. Nita Strauss made it as well with a full page hock in the back. Love seeing Ibanez proudly displayed.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 08:55 PM

Reviews: 2

EFFIN COOL Bobby!!!

How cool is it to have us "Gen X'ers" getting a little mag cred?!?! Although, I'm older still than you guys. I'm still playing through my "New" Gallien-Krueger pre-amp..........Yeah, remember those?? LMAO!! Most (young) people on this forum had NO IDEA G-K ever made guitar amps!!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 10:48 PM

Congrats man, I read my issue yesterday and thought that you were hammering down some great and tough songs. It peaked my interest because of all the 7's. Didn't know it was you, very cool man!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode