I now live in New Zealand! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

I now live in New Zealand!

I emigrated yesterday and am temporarily renting with my family in Paraparaumu. My guitars will arrive with the rest of our stuff in early January (unless the container falls into the sea on the way...). I've gotta find all the music shops and gig venues yet. I've also gotta get me a flash motor and confuse the locals with my Kirkby accent.

A tell y'what though, duck. Nowt'll prepare ya f'aa weird it is t'be walkin raand in shorts, sweatin y'nuts off in December.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 09:03 PM

Re: I now live in New Zealand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satchriossi View Post
I emigrated yesterday and am temporarily renting with my family in Paraparaumu. My guitars will arrive with the rest of our stuff in early January (unless the container falls into the sea on the way...). .
Don't say those things about your guitars!! I'm worried enough moving mine 20 miles down the road next week, much less on a container ship. Good look with the move, I know how stressful they can be.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 09:05 PM

Sweet! Pics?
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 03:21 PM

Reviews: 120

Exciting stuff! Where were you from originally again? I'm sure your stuff will arrive safe and sound.

Watch out for the sheep, some of them are dangerous! (Check out the movie Black Sheep - very funny!)
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 03:58 PM

Hey man i'm envy. I thought about emigrating to NZ when i was 30. But audacity left me so i am still sitting in that old s%")y Germany.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMerkert View Post
Hey man i'm envy. I thought about emigrating to NZ when i was 30. But audacity left me so i am still sitting in that old s%")y Germany.
Hey now, the grass always looks greener on the other side.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 02:18 AM

Is there a local race track that you can throw your NSR down when you get bored........?

Max
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 03:05 AM

So when your bored, can you go out and reenact lotR scenes? Cause, you know, thats what I would do..
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 03:18 AM
Eco

No pics no proof

I'd love to get out to New Zealand, looks a beautiful country.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 03:21 AM

Reviews: 10
Wink Re: I now live in New Zealand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Robb View Post
So when your bored, can you go out and reenact lotR scenes? Cause, you know, thats what I would do..
I'm going to take my Eomer armor when I go to NZ with my wife and take some pics. I hope I can find a few Orcs to slay! Lord Of The Rings all the way!!!!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 02:30 AM Thread Starter

I used to live in kirkby in Ashfield, England. The nearest racetrack is Manfeild (it is spelt that way) where they used to run the NZ round of the World superbike championship. Gonna go throw my NSR up the road there and pretend i'm Aaron Slight!!
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
Watch out for the sheep, some of them are dangerous! (Check out the movie Black Sheep - very funny!)
At least you won't be a stranger to wet weather......

More impressive NZ films: Bad Taste and Brain Dead (Deadalive in the States?), both Peter Jackson before he got rich and famous. If your stomach is made of anything less resilient than cast iron you may want to keep a bucket handy.

Congrats on the move, the country looks beautiful.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 02:19 AM

That's a beauty of a country to live in.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 04:18 AM Thread Starter

yep, seen the early Peter Jackman movies when i was at uni in England and enjoyed them both! It hasn't rained much so far but all the locals stress that its not usually this nice in summer. Alot of things cost too much and the wages suck but you gotta take the rough with the smooth....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode