I will NEVER buy anything Adobe again! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

I will NEVER buy anything Adobe again!

So I decide to upgrade to lightroom 3. I have had it since beta a few years ago. I love it and decided to upgrade. I enter my credit card tuesday night, waiting to get an email to download the software, and still nothing! It's saturday night. The other versions I ordered from them were always available within 5 minutes for download. After an hour I went to their online chat. The jerk said I would get it, and to be patient...I had a bad feeling. Next day, another call is placed. This idiot woman said it will come.....but when? 3rd day....this other jerk said it's in holding. For what? My card is good. They said they have to hold orders....really? why? they didn't know, but assured me I would get it within an hour....that's what I have been told already, yesterday. Last night, another call...same thing from another jerk. Finally I get someone good and they said the billing address is wrong....after I ASKED HIM WHAT THE BILLING ADDRESS IS! It's not even my address! They messed up with another address, which was a PO BOX! You think it would be a red flag?! You think they would ask what my billing address is from the start? common questions! So my account is locked because they have the wrong billing address on my account from someone else in their records. fn idiots! I wasted an entire week of editing photos, waiting for these jerks to get it in gear. These people have jobs and they can't even ask a simple question...what's the problem.....what's your billing address.....where is it being shipped? If they would have asked that...it would have been resolved! I hate adobe even more now. I will never buy from them again. I'm moving to aperture
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 11:18 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98
Re: I will NEVER buy anything Adobe again!

The problem is not with Adobe, but the call centers that were getting your calls.

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

true....and because they chose to save money by cutting corners on bottom of the barrel people to answer the phones, they lost a customer. customer service is everything to me. if i'm treated badly....and in this case, 5 times over 4 days, by 5 different people...i don't go back.
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 10:19 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

vendor mistakes happen.

aperture sucks compared to Lightroom... glen
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

understood, but it was the final straw. I hate relying on photoshop because lightroom isn't powerful enough to handle certain things. You would think in previous versions they would have a dodge / burn tool...they didn't. exporting to photoshop for editing is lame. you would think adobe would offer some form of discount or something...nope. i have spent thousands over the years and that's on my account they can see and nothing was offered. i'm not a huge fan of AT&T but when I have an issue they take care of me, especially since I have been with them for 15 years. They offer without me asking. That's great customer service. once I'm done editing this wedding LR is buried, as well as photoshop, just like premiere pro was for video. sorry for the rant, but i'm beyond frustrated. getting someone who doesn't speak english half the time and outside of the USA has also fueled this fire.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 12:43 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

I will never sh*t-can a product over customer service, unless there is a problem with the product and I can't get resolution. I buy based on product performance, not CS. However, since you're not happy with Adobe products, it seems like a good decision on your end...

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 09:35 PM

I love adobe, but it is nice to have alternatives. With audio there are a lot of options. But, for things like image editing or web design. Adobe pretty much runs shop.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 11:01 PM

I buy whatever's best for my intended use. But if I do not get good service, I slaughter them in their customer service surveys, and give names of every person I've talked to. My hope is that at the very least it will earn the rep an ass chewing from management.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 11:34 PM

I am still using 2.7...
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 11:48 PM

Reviews: 2

I have to agree with Shred. When it comes to computer software/hardware customer service is EVERYTHING!!! I've built many of my own 'puters over the last couple of years and had problems with EVERY SINGLE manufacturer at one time or another. The only one's that keep my business are the ones with excellent customer support. (i.e. EVGA, Creative, CoolerMaster)
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 07:09 AM

Reviews: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
I have to agree with Shred. When it comes to computer software/hardware customer service is EVERYTHING!!! I've built many of my own 'puters over the last couple of years and had problems with EVERY SINGLE manufacturer at one time or another. The only one's that keep my business are the ones with excellent customer support. (i.e. EVGA, Creative, CoolerMaster)
Actually I agree with this, particularly with hardware. I used to build all my own and works pc's. I used one firm for parts all the time, principally because they had tried to shaft over a problem in the early days and I btich slapped them so hard that as soon I phoned with a problem it was dealt with immediately and as though someone had a gun to their head.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 05:54 PM

Normally I would agree but there is no good alternative to Photoshop and Lightroom.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

hey guess what? after my stint with 4 "reps" at adobe, i finally cancelled my order, as i think i stated. then about 2 weeks later...2 WEEKS!!!!.... i get an email saying my order shipped! i checked it and sure enough guess what.... they shipped it and charged me! i got the cancellation number and the guy said it would not ship or charge me. to make it even worse, the tracking from fedex said it was waiting to hear from me. i call fedex to see why. they say they can't ship to po boxes. boy, YOU'RE OUTSTANDING ADOBE! not only can you NOT send me my order with the help of 5 reps, but you can't even cancel it. THEN after i called back to verify you finally had my home address correct you STILL have a cancelled order shipped to someone's po box that i'm paying for! THIS is the same po box they said they took off my account and replaced with my home address. pretty freaky. now i wonder who's account has my home address?
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 02:47 AM

Reviews: 4

Does this include Adobe products from other places? haha kidding, they seem to have done you over bad bro. good luck

Cam-Vai
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 12:53 PM

Listen, take Glen's Aperture review with a grain of salt. I PROMISE you he has never used it outside of an Apple store if he dared enter.

I have both programs, and I use them in different ways. Aperture's vault file system is very annoying, similar to iPhoto. But the loop tool and basic photo editing is quicker & better than even Photoshop in my opinion. If I need to get a set of proofs out quickly, I'll bring them all into Aperture, make quick edits and off to the client they go. But for sorting out my 120,000 image library, Lightroom is much easier. Of course, I don't have to pay for my Adobe or Apple products (great to be friends with a Final Cut code writer who gets unlimited licenses), so if I were to buy only one, it would be Lightroom.

Forget customer service, go with the best product man. It'll make your life easier I promise.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode