I work with a ****** idiot! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

I work with a ****** idiot!

we all do! we all have stories. i wanted to share this one....but man there are so many others! let me start by saying, this woman is in her 50s, knows nothing about I.T. and is very rude, a bully. she has been reported a couple times to HR. in fact, one of our really good I.T. guys quit because he couldn't take it anymore. now that he's gone it's just me and her and another airhead...making triple work for me! the job is hard enough let alone having to deal with a rude bully who knows nothing (in her world everyone knows nothing and the co. is oh so lucky to have her.) all the users know she is useless. out of all the thousands of people out of work, this is what we're stuck with!

last week she was attempting to setup a wireless card for use on a user's laptop...yeah right...she still can't setup dual monitors!! so i'm sitting there not saying a word because "i don't know anything." it isn't working for her, big surprise! she talks to herself constantly throughout the day which is very annoying. during her annoying babble she says.... no wonder it won't work....this is for a mac! it won't work on a pc! no wonder it won't work! it's for a mac! why don't they tell us these things!

punch line - she saw the words MAC ADDRESS followed by the mac address on the wifi card.

i said nothing. i thought i heard it all from this one

I have approached our new supervisor about a few items but nothing is really done. hopefully someday. I want to / need to say more but I don't want to look like the nark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 10:02 AM

Re: I work with a ****** idiot!

That's pretty bad
post #3 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 10:38 AM

She will probably be promoted soon.
post #4 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 10:54 AM

She sounds to be mercifully free from the ravages of intelligence. I wonder how she got the job if she's so inept? Anyhoo...aren't companies finding it more and more difficult to sack employees these days??? Working with rude, obstinate people ain't nice. As Rotti says she'll probably be promoted soon then just watch the power trip!! Always the way with some companies.
post #5 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezDaemon View Post
I wonder how she got the job if she's so inept?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredmaster View Post
I want to / need to say more but I don't want to look like the nark.
Do the math...
post #6 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 01:10 PM

Reviews: 2

At the end of the day the moral of the story is:

"idiots always win". - (The Cadet, Duck Dodgers series)

Honestly: I wouldn't waste my time in such a company.
post #7 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

orochimaro, i couldn't agree with you more. given the terrible economy and SO many people out of work, not much of a choice currently for me. the only thing i can't stand here is her. she got her job because the last supervisor was a pushover. he never did anything. the new supervisor is seeing things which is great. all the users here can't stand her so most of them call me direct. it's a waiting game unfortunately. the problem is, as with most places, the people who need to see what is going on, aren't here to see it. she started with me again this morning. rather than speak to her, i responded in an email and copied our boss. he likes to be copied on everything which works out for me. i haven't heard anything else from her yet today...give it time. the bad, rude and worthless people always seem to get away with everything

Last edited by shredmaster; 08-25-2010 at 02:28 PM.
post #8 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 05:07 PM

She needs one of those ID 10T wireless cards for that laptop.
post #9 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 05:17 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.StrangeNote View Post
She needs one of those ID 10T wireless cards for that laptop.
I thought only us military fighter crew chiefs knew of the ID-10-T tech manual! I guess the civilian sector has caught up. After I send the new troops to find the ID-10-T, I have them order a hyphendeufenator with the part number: PU55Y.
Bwaaaaaah Haaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaa!
All joking aside, Shredmaster--you should start talking to yourself at work. Maybe she'll catch on. 've know many folks that got under my skin at work. The worst was the jackass that sat next to my desk and comped gum all day. Popping bubbles, smacking lips, etc. I've learned that just politely letting them know their irritating does the trick. If you get mad and blow up, then you just have a confrontation. If you do it nicely, then it might work. If all else fails, just whack her in the back of the head with a baseball bat ala Al Capone!

post #10 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 06:07 PM

Shredmaster, is she an old coworker of mine, I wonder... LOL! There was this woman that came in from one of the highest profile consultancy companies and was put right at the top of the IT hierarchy (I always found that the best people are nowhere near the top BTW). Her CV certainly was impressive, and she was declared a sacred cow by the management. She knew nothing about anything; a complete fake, getting by on a falsified CV and by looking, acting and dressing like an uptight authoritarian thing. She stole the work of others and presented as her own, while actively trying to sabotage us developers. It was a nightmare happening in the headless heat of the dot com boom. The really sad thing: her ilk do "win"...

DJ
--
post #11 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Alaskabat - I like the way you think. talking does no good. baseball bat is soon to come. what are your rates?

DrJustice - sounds identical except this one is not a supervisor at all, although she shouts orders all day. i look forward to when she does it again. is that person still "working" with the co?
post #12 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 09:28 AM

^ It was a few years ago. Crazy managers took over the company, hired a bunch of expensive consultants, lost all contact with reality, spent all the money and ran the company into the ground. Luckily me and a colleague made an escape by selling ourselves and our project to another company. She is still cheating her way through the business.

DJ
--
post #13 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 02:37 PM

Reviews: 15

shredmaster, you should submit the original post to DailyWTF
post #14 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 05:05 PM

That is really, really bad. I mean really bad.
post #15 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 06:26 PM

Reviews: 1

Have you seen that gag in Family Guy where they lure James Woods into a box with candy and then send him to a distant land?? Kidnapping gets **** done!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode