The "Iceman" and "Rampage" Tomorrow!!! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

The "Iceman" and "Rampage" Tomorrow!!!

I can't wait. I have been counting down the hours. 24 hours and 53 minutes!! I hope Chuck kicks his big mouth ass!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 09:25 AM

Red face Re: The "Iceman" and "Rampage" Tomorrow!!!

i kinda wanna see Chuck win too, but if anyone can beat him, 'Page is Da Man!!!
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 11:24 AM

Re: The "Iceman" and "Rampage" Tomorrow!!!

I absolutely can NOT wait. It is going to be a straight up brawl.
post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 11:47 AM

im rooting for rampage. chuck is so overrated. but the fact is, whether rampage wins or loses, there are guys who have destroyed him as well, neither chuck or rampage are the top in the world, haven't proven to be yet at least..

hoping for rampage tko rd 3.. fight could go either way though
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 12:09 PM

How exactly is Chuck 'overrated'? His last 7 fights IN A ROW have ended in knock outs. Ortiz, Sobral, Couture (you know, the current heavyweight champ), Horn, Belfort, Tiger White, Randleman... He is easily the most dominant champ in UFC history save for MAYBE Matt Hughes. Rampage has a good chance to beat him, but to call Chuck 'overrated'...
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 03:06 PM

I think it will all depend on what kind of shape that rampage is in now that he has to kick the steroids to get into the UFC. People's body's have a habit of falling apart once they get off the roids.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 03:49 PM

Absolutely true. It's just going to flat out be a great fight. I think the biggest difference will be the octagon vs the ring that Rampage is used to. He loves to corner people but in the octagon that isn't so easy. This one could so easily go either way, they both love to swing for the fences. First one who gets a solid shot in and wobbles the other one and it's all over. Chuck has a lot more experience fighting ground and pounders and very recently too, Ortiz and Couture come to mind. Oh, it's gonna be good!!!
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 04:03 PM

Oh Yea BOYEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am looking forward to this fight. This is one of the better they have had in quite a while. As much crap as Rampage has been talking, he has a lot to live up too.

I still wish they would sign Uriah Faber while he is in his prime. Pound for Pound Uriah is the best fighter I think I have ever seen.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xeTwoArV2ME
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 04:22 PM

Chuck has a very solid chin, and Rampage doesn't have the best track record against stand up fighters who have some power like Chuck...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rWqv2RR1y8
Wanderlei Silva vs Liddell would be my ultimate matchup.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 07:16 PM

Should be a good fight. As usual with UFC you NEVER know how it will go down. I'm hoping it's a fight anyway. Chucks fights end too soon. I'd like to see him in a war and see how he does.
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

I guess I got a little over excited this morning. I said 24 hours, It's actually 24 hours from now. I have been waiting to see this for a long time. I watched the promo last night on spike and it was great. These two are ready for each other. It should be quite a brawl. I'm pulling for Chuck! Anyone see Ultimate Fighter last night? That was the best street fight I have ever seen! Dana White was pissed!!! Three guys got thrown off the show. That shows you what a house full of fighters and a bottle of tequilla will do
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilkyBear View Post
How exactly is Chuck 'overrated'? His last 7 fights IN A ROW have ended in knock outs. Ortiz, Sobral, Couture (you know, the current heavyweight champ), Horn, Belfort, Tiger White, Randleman... He is easily the most dominant champ in UFC history save for MAYBE Matt Hughes. Rampage has a good chance to beat him, but to call Chuck 'overrated'...
Chuck's last 5 fights have been rematches, all against grapplers & wrestlers with B or C level standup. The average spiketv watchin MMA fan thinks Chuck is undisputed #1. He is overrated because people think he is invincible, when the fact is, he hasn't faced the top fighters @ 205, ever.. The other top ranked guys are/were not fighting for UFC. My name on here is shogun for a reason, if you don't know who he is look him up, he is the true #1 @ 205, and you will see an announcement tomorrow night that the winner of chuck vs rampage will face either shogun, wanderlai, or dan henderson.. If chuck can beat these 4 fighters, he has proven himself--but for now you can only question his skill level.
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilkyBear View Post
Absolutely true. It's just going to flat out be a great fight. I think the biggest difference will be the octagon vs the ring that Rampage is used to.
Sorry to seem like I am ragging on you but Rampage began his pro career fighting in a cage and also fought in a cage at WFA so he definately is comfortable/used to fighting in one.
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-26-2007, 03:51 AM

Shogun, I know very well who Mauricio is. I can not wait for him to start fighting in the UFC and he is a great fighter. I love Pride also, but to say Chuck in overrated is ridiculous. He has been fighting the top level in the UFC for his entire reign, not dodging the best like Ortiz did.
So what you are really saying is that no UFC fighter is that great because Pride fighters are better. I will simply point you to Cro-Cop's (who I love and can't believe he lost ) latest 'KTFO'. I love Pride, really, have been watching it sor years and having some crossovers is a dream come true.
So Chuck has been fighting ground fighters mostly, Oh well, they are the ones who are at the top of the heap. Should he not fight the #1 contender because their style doesn't match his? They are the #1 contenders, what style they are is irrelevant. Truth be told, no one can stand with Chuck, so only the ground fighters really have a chance against him. His takedown defense is the best in the game, bar none. I can't wait to see Hollywood and Shogun, and the Axe Murderer is my all time favorite fighter, period. Personally I think Wanderlei will take Chuck apart, but that's a different thread...
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-26-2007, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun View Post
Sorry to seem like I am ragging on you but Rampage began his pro career fighting in a cage and also fought in a cage at WFA so he definately is comfortable/used to fighting in one.
I know, but his style is much better served to cornering people in a ring and that is where the vast majority of his experience lies. Someone at his level can fight anywhere, but in a fight this big you have to start looking at the very small things that will make a difference because it is all that seperates the two fighters. Chuck in the 2nd.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode