This inhumanity blew me away! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

This inhumanity blew me away!

This rescue project is something that is sorely needed:

http://www.beaglefreedomproject.org/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64
Re: This inhumanity blew me away!

No it's not, no matter how I love dogs, I love all animals so all of them should be saved or none of them, it's not fair saving dogs because some like them more than the other animals.
TO ME we should handle our health problems without using animals, we destroy everything and even use animals to create our medicines, what a virus we are.
I'm 100% against using animals but a lot of people don't give a damn and even torture and kill them so there's no scape, we're a deadly virus and soon we'll get what we deserve cause we can't kill nature but it can kill us easily.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 07:14 PM

Wink Re: This inhumanity blew me away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
No it's not, no matter how I love dogs, I love all animals so all of them should be saved or none of them, it's not fair saving dogs because some like them more than the other animals.
TO ME we should handle our health problems without using animals, we destroy everything and even use animals to create our medicines, what a virus we are.
I'm 100% against using animals but a lot of people don't give a damn and even torture and kill them so there's no scape, we're a deadly virus and soon we'll get what we deserve cause we can't kill nature but it can kill us easily.
Saving any animal may not make any difference for the world, but there is a world of difference for any saved animal that finds a home with people who care. I think that's the big idea behind getting your pet from a shelter instead of buying from a breeder or - god forbid - an "animal store".
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 09:09 PM

Reviews: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
we're a deadly virus and soon we'll get what we deserve cause we can't kill nature but it can kill us easily.
What an absolutely LOVELY sentiment you have there. (Is there a rolleyes smiley on here?)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2013, 04:54 AM

you cant beat stupidity, and the human race is 100% stupidity..........

,im staring out the window.......
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2013, 07:10 AM Thread Starter

I was having lunch the other day and an animal rights lady told me about how some "shelters" euthanize their animals using some sort of gas. Anyway, it's an unbelievably cruel method to the point it seems it was designed to be torture.

I don't know if the heart of the human race (as per humanism) is tended towards improving and good at its core most of the time, or if we are all (as per many religions) sinners who are rotten at the core. As much as I prefer the former, the latter has many centuries of experience having seen the basic evil character of humans. I remember working numbers in grad school on game theory and other things like the vast extinction of species once we modernized. No virus from nature kills with more efficiency than the human race and their technology. Even if we are not at war, which we are somewhere all the time, just "technology" (air pollution from cars, plastics, modern agricultural practices) has a way of wiping out a lot of plant and animal life. There's even evidence that our massive monocrops may have been greatly reducing the honey bee and that could lead to huge issues down the line.

People are probably basically bad imho, but under the false impression that they are good, and there's no doubt that the life cycle on earth has been cut short since our modernization. I do have some hope that our intelligence can also get us out of this mess since religion has failed greatly in convincing modern man that we are basically evil.

I don't expect animal rights to improve by any great strides in the time I have left on this planet. It has improved in the 50 years I have been here. Sometimes I wish I was born hundreds of years into the future when we as a people have things down when it comes to "being good".
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2013, 12:40 PM

I hate cruelty in any form, to anything.
Sadly; my hating it isn't going to stop it.
I'm glad for every rescued animal, and if I were a billionaire I'd buy an island somewhere and go to every animal shelter and give them all homes. I'd pay for people to come to my island to choose a pet for themselves in a place where I know the animals have been taken care of by my extensive, animal loving staff.
It's a nice dream, but sadly; I'm in no position to really do anything meaningful.
As soon as I get a decent full time job when I'm finished school I'll have a few dogs and cats... and I actually look forward to being the 'crazy cat lady' when I'm old, but for now all I can do is look at sites like that and get sad...

Last edited by Meechy; 11-16-2013 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Removed lecture about man's role in extinction.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2013, 01:08 PM

One of the things that pisses me off about human ignorance is that we lack the insight to realize that in every animal (just like we are) there is a soul.

We place far too little value in that.
I'll leave it there.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 05:08 PM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by POS RG View Post
One of the things that pisses me off about human ignorance is that we lack the insight to realize that in every animal (just like we are) there is a soul.

We place far too little value in that.
I'll leave it there.
Yes for sure

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode