Insanity for the next 5 days! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Insanity for the next 5 days!

I have always been one to take on too much and these next 5 days will be a good test of that. We put the house on the market 2 weeks ago. We got a buyer. Lucky for us with this stupid market. We want to be out asap and they want to be in asap. They want to close on 1/4/2007! This is good and bad. More good than bad though. This just came through last minute.

So in the next 5 days, I must:

1) cancel utilities and homeowners insurance and forward mail someplace.
2) pack entire house. this would be easier if i didn't have pc networks and guitars and amps and the studio and all the photo and video gear setups.
3) get offsite storage (already done.)
4) move entire house into storage (pods unit) this weekend.
5) i have a wedding photo shoot all day on jan 1st. this takes away a day from me.
6) couple video projects to finish up before packing the studio away.

anything i forgot? damn, i don't know but i'm sure i will find out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 11:50 AM

Re: Insanity for the next 5 days!

Damn shred!

All I can say is I hope you have many friends

Good luck with it all!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 11:53 AM

Reviews: 1

You're going to need a good number of cases of beer for all the friends you're going to need to move out.
I'll hold on to the Jems for you, should you need a safe place to keep them.
I'll clean them after I'm done drooling, promise

Mike
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 11:57 AM

Congratulations on selling your place. The market is horrible everywhere (I failed to sell my condo while living in an apt w/my girlfriend, and we had to move back there so I didn't go bankrupt- ugh!), so you must have done something right.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

we had a killer-thorough realtor. she had postcards with photos of the house (which i took) out in the mail within 2 days; bulk mailings, put ads in the papers, had flyers in chicago tribune and networked. sold in 5 days. it was also luck.

with the short notice and the holiday coming up, it looks like it's just us. all weekend we will be packing...me and the wife. my brother will be there on saturday to load furniture. my brother is holding on to the jems and other guitars.....sorry bamm i will be taking the jem7vwh with me, and a practice amp. actually, 1/3 of the house is already packed between the last 2 evenings. but as you know, the more you pack, the more stuff multiplies!

on the home front...we have been doing counseling for about 5 weeks now. it is going well. there are good and bad and we always made it through. i'm not saying i liked it and it could be better, and it could be worse. we are getting better at controlling anger when something breaks out and i have gotten better at not flying off the handle at her kids...and still working on it. i don't attribute many changes to the counselor, although he is good. it's just nice to have a "ref" if you will.

and yet in other news.....one of my greatest friends who has been married for 12 years and NEVER ever heard of a fight between them....they may be calling it quits. they just had a house built as well. he said he is tired of doing everything around the place; working, paying bills, housework, etc. she is a great girl but he's tired of mentoring her in everything.

in the meantime we will live with my mother-in-law while we look for a place. not too crazy about that but what can you do.

if anyone wants to help (not really necessary) there will be beer and it would be cool to hang out as well to meet some of you. but in all actuality, i think it will be fine. i have just been packing like a fiend. i'm surprised at how fast it is going. i hate it and it's not fun but i'm keeping my eye on the main picture.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 03:27 PM

Good luck with the packing.

Regards

André

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 09:38 PM

Reviews: 10
Talking Re: Insanity for the next 5 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredmaster View Post
we had a killer-thorough realtor. she had postcards with photos of the house (which i took) out in the mail within 2 days; bulk mailings, put ads in the papers, had flyers in chicago tribune and networked. sold in 5 days. it was also luck.

with the short notice and the holiday coming up, it looks like it's just us. all weekend we will be packing...me and the wife. my brother will be there on saturday to load furniture. my brother is holding on to the jems and other guitars.....sorry bamm i will be taking the jem7vwh with me, and a practice amp. actually, 1/3 of the house is already packed between the last 2 evenings. but as you know, the more you pack, the more stuff multiplies!

on the home front...we have been doing counseling for about 5 weeks now. it is going well. there are good and bad and we always made it through. i'm not saying i liked it and it could be better, and it could be worse. we are getting better at controlling anger when something breaks out and i have gotten better at not flying off the handle at her kids...and still working on it. i don't attribute many changes to the counselor, although he is good. it's just nice to have a "ref" if you will.

and yet in other news.....one of my greatest friends who has been married for 12 years and NEVER ever heard of a fight between them....they may be calling it quits. they just had a house built as well. he said he is tired of doing everything around the place; working, paying bills, housework, etc. she is a great girl but he's tired of mentoring her in everything.

in the meantime we will live with my mother-in-law while we look for a place. not too crazy about that but what can you do.

if anyone wants to help (not really necessary) there will be beer and it would be cool to hang out as well to meet some of you. but in all actuality, i think it will be fine. i have just been packing like a fiend. i'm surprised at how fast it is going. i hate it and it's not fun but i'm keeping my eye on the main picture.
Well... I could help as long as I know first what kind of beer you're giving out
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 09:42 PM

I'll be there if it's at least Sam Adams
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

hehe. thanks guys. i think we will be ok but we will find out. we should meet up for a beer though; that would be cool. once the chaos clears.
happy new year

steve

Tags
practice amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode