Interviewing tips! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Interviewing tips!

Hey folks,

I know this isn't a music related topic but over the years I've grown to trust you guys for advice on gear. However maybe you guys can give me some pointers for an interview.

I've been part time since December at my current job. My plan for this year didn't go exactly as I hope so now I'm trying to get full time again.

I do have a phone interview with Verizon Wireless on Monday. This isn't for a sales position. Rather a customer service type position. Either way this would greatly improve my quality of life as the pay is quit high. I don't have my degree yet so it would be a perfect jumping point.

Besides, I'm majoring in Software Development and I want to get into writing mobile apps and that sort of thing.

My issue all along is that I get called for phone interview... nail it... get called in for live interview... it's about 50/50 for the 2nd interview. Yet, usually don't get the call that's really important. I've been very frustrated with myself and at certain times I want to give up but I know I can't.

I've been even following up with some of the previous interviews to see why I wasn't selected. Mainly my experience and education are the two biggest factors.

Yet why do they look at me if they know I lack them? They all said I interview great. I'm just trying to figure out what it really is.

Any ideas? any tips? I'll take anything.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 08:32 AM

Re: Interviewing tips!

Most likely to see if your someone they want to keep on file for when you have finished your degree sot hat if you apply for another position at a later date your record with them will already be approved. Or if your the kind of person they could take on while your still finishing your degree and trust that you would be able to keep on top of work/studies.

Also bear in mind that HR for any company needs to look like they are doing their job well, so padding out the number of people they interview is good for them to inflate their statistics for the year.

Dont give up keep at it, being well practised for interviews is a skill alot of people lack, iv just finished searching for a job for 7 months, first proper (final) interview I got to they loved me and gave the job to me there and then.

It hard to keep motivated when you get knocked back repeatedly but see it at practise and also, if they are not very nice about knocking you back then you can add them to your undesirable employer list

Tags
career advancement , interviewing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode