iPhone 2.0 - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 121 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

iPhone 2.0

G3, GPS, Exchange support, custom apps, and it costs $200 for 8GB model. Apple pwns the market again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 121 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 03:08 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Re: iPhone 2.0

good price... much better... more realistic (to think you paid what $599 to test v1 ROTF). still has a limited market.

they own nothing but this is a step forward. to bad for mass-market texting is easier with a $89 slider and $9 monthly fee tacked on.

iPhone v3 seems like it might actually make some corporate inroads when that ships next year... glen
post #3 of 121 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 03:08 PM

Very excited about this one!! Anyone wanna buy an old iPhone? Say.... $199?
post #4 of 121 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 03:08 PM

I already have the 1st gen, so time to upgrade.
post #5 of 121 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
iPhone v3 seems like it might actually make some corporate inroads when that ships next year... glen
Umm, did you see the list of Fortune 500 companies using the iPhone? 35% of them to be exact. I'd say Apple has made some corporate inroads already.
post #6 of 121 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
good price... much better... more realistic (to think you paid what $599 to test v1 ROTF). still has a limited market.
Well, I (and my wife, I bought two) got to use the device for a year, and it's good enough for me, so I'll be waiting for V3.0 next year. I will install the new firmware tho.

Quote:
they own nothing but this is a step forward. to bad for mass-market texting is easier with a $89 slider and $9 monthly fee tacked on.

Seems like you'll have to eat your hat now, Glen. You said they won't sell 8 million units in 2008. They're rolling it out in 70 countries this year.
post #7 of 121 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 03:32 PM
site founder 0% owner

70 countries maybe a dozen with a population that can afford it that would be more than a blip on the radar. ROTFLMAO.

where did i predict numbers of units sold? get real and compare to blackberry/palm/windowsmobile smartphones.

it took them a year to "sell out" and ATT had a glut of inventory even after cutting price in half. iPhone v1 sucked Anyone wanting to upgrade (less than a year later) is proof positive!

"corporate inroads" doesn't mean one guy using the iPhone out of 1000.

$100 net service for 20GB and "application store" is really what fortune 1000 wants. ROTFLMAO.

iPhone is now priced for home users but it's just not practical for a "family plan" plus it still does it work with your existing carrier (only ATT) now. Tip for Jobs... very, very, very, very, very few paying customers in the real world pays $275 to break a phone contract before buying phones 2x the cost of similar ones ... glen
post #8 of 121 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem20thlover View Post
Umm, did you see the list of Fortune 500 companies using the iPhone? 35% of them to be exact. I'd say Apple has made some corporate inroads already.
Trust me, there is an ENORMOUS difference between scripting and supporting the software for a few spoiled Managing Directors, and "using" the software. The only hardware 35% of these companies really use says "RIM" on it

jim
post #9 of 121 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

$100 net service for 20GB and "application store" is really what fortune 1000 wants. ROTFLMAO.
Hmm, did you miss free Exchange support somehow?
post #10 of 121 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 03:38 PM
site founder 0% owner

earth calling microdmitry... return to earth microdmitry ...glen
post #11 of 121 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 03:47 PM

I have no clue why people get so upset at Apple for creating amazing products. I'm sure Glen is one of the 3 people who bought the Zune, come on Glen, show us a pic with you and the Zune!!!
post #12 of 121 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 03:48 PM

Oh, and I'm sure it was the sh!t Brown Zune too
post #13 of 121 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 03:51 PM
site founder 0% owner

amazing products? LOL. AppleTV. PCs/laptops 3x the cost and less speed as a PCs?

i don't like MS any more than apple... it's just that people using MS products are more clue'd into reality (and more technically proficient overall) than apple users. Zune sucks, Vista sucks. MS had a great run when their chief competition was IBM (ROTF) and a defunct WordPerfect.

google OS phones will make a mockery of iPhone within a few months at 1/2 the cost and actually be open ... glen
post #14 of 121 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

You didn't answer the question. $200 is peanuts for this phone, even iPod touch costs more. In every business meeting I go to (and I go to quite a few), towards the end when everyone gets bored I see at least a couple iPhones besides my own. And that's without Exchange support and custom apps and for $400.
post #15 of 121 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem20thlover View Post
Oh, and I'm sure it was the sh!t Brown Zune too
It's the patented "double shot" case molding technology, dude. And the correct name for that color is "snot covered sh!t".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how to listen to music and surf with iPhone
best guitar app on iphone?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode