iPhone is sold out everywhere - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

iPhone is sold out everywhere

Crap. The first batch sold out within an hour around here. In some places within half an hour. I bought mine on apple.com, but it'll take 2 to 4 weeks to ship according to the site.

Any lucky buyers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 10:54 PM

Re: iPhone is sold out everywhere

Thats a suprise, now *******s will pay entirely too much on the bay so they can say they have it. Losers.
post #3 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 10:56 PM

I heard some jobless losers spent days queueing for it....?

It's only a stupid phone, who cares when you buy it, first day of release or a year later.., its all the same surely, they'll keep making as many as they need..?

FWIW, i thought the Conan ad was funny.
post #4 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 11:15 PM

I didnt see the Conan ad, but there was a decent one on the Daily Show yesterday.

I cant believe how worked up people get over this sht.

Last edited by elcid; 06-29-2007 at 11:26 PM.
post #5 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 11:38 PM

Yeah, it's ridiculous.
post #6 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 06:01 AM

I heard they're already planning releasing a new version of it at the end of the year.
post #7 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 07:07 AM

think of the auction prices though....
post #8 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 08:03 AM

not a good idea to get it now. not much storage space, it's slower than expected....as admitted by steve jobs, mainly due to the network they have it working on. they are using EDGE technology...which is old cell phone connectivity technology. AT&T is the only one still holding on to this and they are going to bail on it end of this year. why iphone isn't using the new digital cell format for connectivity? not to mention, you never get the first run of anything.
post #9 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Got mine. It looks like only AT&T stores have supply problems. Apple stores are stocked pretty well. It guess the rumors that they've made 3 million of them for launch were true.

Needless to say, the thing is pretty amazing in person. It's a bit heavier than a regular cell phone and feels expensive (which it is). Typing is easier than I anticipated, but in my first day I type with my index finger. Kids will be typing at lightspeed with this one.

Get this, there's no instruction manual. Just a leaflet on how to use your fingers with it (called "Finger tips") and that's it.

Jemsite works but doesn't recognize the browser, so it shows up all b0rked and I can't submit a new post. Just make it do the same thing for iPhone as it does for Safari and it'll work in iPhone just fine (and will show ads there, which it currently does not). OTOH given Glen's attitude towards the device, he's probably not going to expend the effort to change one line of code to do this.

My hand-rolled family website works great in iPhone safari, no changes needed. Just like it does on my Wii and PS3. This is quite an achievement for a cell phone, since I use pretty sophisticated Javascript there.
post #10 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 05:45 PM

i can post on here with my psp and it was a helluva lot cheaper than an iphone. you can even get it to look and function like one
post #11 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 05:54 PM

I can post on here with my Nokia E65... Infact, it does *most* of the things an iPhone does, (OK, not as flashy as the iPhone, but it does have WiFi, decent memory, video messaging and a pretty neat UI) which is why I ditched the idea of getting one a few months ago.

I might get one when my contract runs out - if they are considerably cheaper - I am loath to pay anything more than £50-60 for a phone if it's on a contract.

A new release near the end of the year wouldn't surprise me - apparently they are redesigning it slightly, internally and externally, for the european market - so why not for the US?
post #12 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 07:03 PM

A quote from a mate of mine on iPhone-

"How's the GPS? Oh, it doesn't do that, sorry.

Still the cam must be good. What's that, 2 Megapixels? No worries, I'll bluetooth one of my 5MP pics over... WTF, You cant?

Oh well. What ringtones you got? I use any in my music playlist. WTF? Are you sure you cant?

Oh well, Just install some games and apps and it'll be great. WTF do you mean no games or apps? FFS, next you'll be telling me theres no 3g....

I wish I would have filmed this conversation on my N95......

Your phone is no good at recording video is it?

In other words.

iPos."

post #13 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 07:31 PM

yup, way too hyped for what it is. I think my friend will get one in the mail soon, so I will post some thoughts about it.
post #14 of 124 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

Enjoy your Nokias, folks.
post #15 of 124 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 03:53 AM Thread Starter

Let me try posting from my iPhone one more time

Tags
david mccarroll , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode