The Ironic Moron...... - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 01:53 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
The Ironic Moron......

So, I'm driving home from work tonight and get caught up in a traffic jam. I'm in the left of two lanes and behind a fairly new Lexus SUV. The guy in the Lexus is constantly missing the fact that traffic ahead of him has moved forward a bit allowing drivers from the right lane to dodge in front of him. I can plainly see that he has his head buried in his smartphone, texting away. After some manuevering I worked my way next to him. I was now in the right lane and VERY pissed off not only because I was in this traffic in the first place, but because "Lexus boy" was making it worse. Being the kind and gentle person that I am, I opened my window and laid on the horn....... this dumbass was getting a piece of my mind!

"Lexus boy" slowly lifted his head from his phone, peered around, and saw that I was staring directly into his soul with my window down. Obliviously, he too rolled down his window...... the fool! Now I was going to give it to him. Just as I started to speak he asked loudly "You have any idea what's causing this mess?". I couldn't help but reply with all the angst I had- "Some a$$hole must have been texting and caused an accident!!". I confidently looked him in the eye knowing that I got my message across. He HAD to know I was commenting on his lack of attention, his perpetuation of the situation....... that's right-he had to know I was pissed off and not going to take it!!!!

He quickly came back with the reply....." I bet your right- these a$$holes are doing it all the time".

I rolled my window back up in utter defeat.......... I simply could not contend with this level of MORONISM..........he won.

Last edited by RGTFanatic; 01-03-2015 at 12:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 02:24 AM

Reviews: 120
Re: The Ironic Moron......

They are everywhere aren't they!
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 09:25 AM

Reviews: 6

That is brilliant! I witnessed a similar incident last summer, a relation and I were late for a family event (as always) and quite concerned that the food would have run out before we got there. We've an open road apart from a white Range Rover slowly weaving taking up the whole road.
My relative who's just got off duty, is generally not the most patient with stupid drivers as he was a traffic rat before becoming a detective steps on the pedal, swerves out and blocks the path of the Range Rover, at this point I'm saying "**** you very much, if this tool doesn't brake, I'm toast". The idiot stops, gets out screaming, he's about 19 and is still holding his tablet. My relative is worse mood asks the "which inbred backwater are you depriving of their ****ing idiot today?" the response "**** you, I'm was trying to pick a song, have some ****ing patience, you prick!". Badge appears, our idiot shrinks like a deflated baloon and starts stammering as the threats of all sorts of charges, fines etc., are made, then the demeaning lecture begins and our idiot is told to ring his mother to come get him (it was mommy's car), he is basically made to feel like a 5 year old until she arrives and made feel even worse by her.
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
They are everywhere aren't they!
LOL... apparently like ants! Of course, I'm near a "big city" so you would expect to see this kind of behavior simply because of the number of motorists around me. I'm also very close to the rural, farm areas of Illinois. Traveling more than 45 minutes south of me and your in "no mans land". You'd think you'd see less of it there....nope. It's worse......even the farmers on their giant harvesters are clicking away, driving 5mph down a single lane highway........
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laobi View Post
That is brilliant! I witnessed a similar incident last summer, a relation and I were late for a family event (as always) and quite concerned that the food would have run out before we got there. We've an open road apart from a white Range Rover slowly weaving taking up the whole road.
My relative who's just got off duty, is generally not the most patient with stupid drivers as he was a traffic rat before becoming a detective steps on the pedal, swerves out and blocks the path of the Range Rover, at this point I'm saying "**** you very much, if this tool doesn't brake, I'm toast". The idiot stops, gets out screaming, he's about 19 and is still holding his tablet. My relative is worse mood asks the "which inbred backwater are you depriving of their ****ing idiot today?" the response "**** you, I'm was trying to pick a song, have some ****ing patience, you prick!". Badge appears, our idiot shrinks like a deflated baloon and starts stammering as the threats of all sorts of charges, fines etc., are made, then the demeaning lecture begins and our idiot is told to ring his mother to come get him (it was mommy's car), he is basically made to feel like a 5 year old until she arrives and made feel even worse by her.
LOL.... now that"s brilliant! I would have loved to be there to see that kids face.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

To anyone reading this and thinking I'm just a grouchy old man, My reply is this:

Yup!! Don't get on the road and piss me of though. I have a POS 4-1/2 ton Ford that's fully insured and an "I don't give a crap" attitude.........LOL.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 01:41 PM

Reviews: 13

Carry some water (or any other liquid) with you.
As you pass by his side, throw the water inside his window to wet his dumbphone.
I hate these morons who text in traffic.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 03:31 PM

Throwing water bottles at people while driving is for sure a lot safer.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachmaninoff View Post
Carry some water (or any other liquid) with you.
As you pass by his side, throw the water inside his window to wet his dumbphone.
I hate these morons who text in traffic.
Nice thought, most likely not going to work.
On the unlikely chance you'd even hit his phone with the water; most phones come with a water-resistant coating these days.
Even my 'cheap' Moto G, look on youtube, there's a video of a girl who left it underwater for 30 minutes and it was just fine. (I've used it in a downpour myself, no worries)

Back to topic...

This doesn't involve traffic, but it's a good 'moronism' I think.
When I was working at Wal*Mart, my department (Fabrics and Crafts) has its own register. We cut, we collect.
One of my co-workers NEVER would fill the bag rack, or get change for the register.
One night I went in and both were basically empty. Not one plastic bag and only one or two $1 bills in the drawer.
So I finally had it and said, "Why is it that no one can ever get change or get bags?"
She actually said, "Yeah, I know; right?"
Exact quote.
I looked at her and said, "I WAS TALKING ABOUT YOU! You were the only one here!"
"Oh, sorry, give me $100 I'll go up front and get some change and bags..."
After that, there were always bags and change, but she didn't talk to me much......not that I cared, I at least had change to give my customers and bags to put their merchandise in.
I think I scared her. I was like a chihuahua barking at a pit-bull, but it worked. LOL
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 09:08 PM

Lol. Too funny.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 11:03 PM

All I can say is, you all never have driving experience in Jakarta.

If you did, you will have soooooo much patience with this kind of idiotic road sucker behaviour.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

A lot of guys in this thread just need a chill pill. You can't be responsible for others' stupidity!

I used to have the worst road rage, but then I realised that acting like a bigger dumbass than the moron I was angry at actually made me the moron!!!
jono is online  
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 01:30 PM

Reviews: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
You can't be responsible for others' stupidity!
That's 100% true... and 100% sad
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
A lot of guys in this thread just need a chill pill. You can't be responsible for others' stupidity!

I used to have the worst road rage, but then I realised that acting like a bigger dumbass than the moron I was angry at actually made me the moron!!!
No, of course not. You CAN, however, remind them that their irresponsibility and lack of caring has an affect on the people around them........ will it change their ways? Maybe for a short period, maybe for longer as in Meechy's case...............Then again, maybe not at all.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 07:10 AM

haha this thread is brilliant, here in old blighty the roads are full of morons most of them teenagers with a really bad car that they have spent a fortune on modding with fancy bodywork and large bore exhausts to make them sound sporty, they usually drive round like nutters and way to fast, my fave game is to spot them as early as posible then get in front of them and drive just below the speed limit, this really annoys them. i get great pleasure from it and they learn how to drive properly at the speed limit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode