Jason Becker is sad. - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 4
Jason Becker is sad.

From his FaceBook page.

Quote:
ALS is weird. I can feel deep, crushing sadness and extreme gratitude at the same time. Sometimes I want to roll up in a ball and disappear. It can feel like nothing I do truly matters. I'm looking forward to a different feeling.
It might be nice to leave a comment or message for him to try to help cheer him up and support him. He has his own forum which he reads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 04:59 PM

Re: Jason Becker is sad.

Thanks for posting this. I'm not on Facebook so don't know what's going on there. Didn't realize he had a forum, so I looked for it now.

I see people, over the years, had requested he make a "Perpetual Burn" TAB book. I went in & put in my two cents, saying I'd gladly buy a copy if it were available. To me, without a TAB book, it would be impossible to play his music (based on my time and ability). I hope others would buy it, too. But as of right now I don't believe it exists.

Thanks again!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 09:06 PM

I just sent him a post, this is beyond sad, he is truly an amazing human being! I hope his spirits pick up asap.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 10:38 PM

Got to be tough having his condition. I can't imagine what he is going through.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 07:21 AM

I watched not dead yet the other day, i kid you not i welled up a few times, jason becker is a true inspiration, the kind of role model that i really look up to and hope that if i ever found myself in a similar situation that i could have even half of the courage that he shows. i shall visit his forum and leave a post for him
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newblues View Post
I watched not dead yet the other day, i kid you not i welled up a few times, jason becker is a true inspiration, the kind of role model that i really look up to and hope that if i ever found myself in a similar situation that i could have even half of the courage that he shows. i shall visit his forum and leave a post for him
yeah, that movie is a tear jerker for sure. I am a big Jason fan, he is a truly inspirational human!!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 05:30 AM

Did not see the movie yet, but I have the deepest respect for the man, such a talent, and such a tragic story. He was a truly amazing player.

English is not my native language, so I might get the title wrong, but I think the title of the movie is really bad, "Not dead yet". As if we are expecting him to die really soon, whats up with that??

Anyway, all respect to the man, and hope he feels better soon!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzerman View Post
Did not see the movie yet, but I have the deepest respect for the man, such a talent, and such a tragic story. He was a truly amazing player.

English is not my native language, so I might get the title wrong, but I think the title of the movie is really bad, "Not dead yet". As if we are expecting him to die really soon, whats up with that??

Anyway, all respect to the man, and hope he feels better soon!
The title refers to the fact that most people with ALS die within a few years,he has beat those odds by surviving 20 years with the disease and continued to contribute to his art and the world. Hence the title is very fitting.

I personally would of pulled out my breathing tube 18 years ago!

Phenomenal human being,guitarist,creative talent and survivor.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 11:17 AM

There's something going on where this company is developing something for people like jason where they can better communicate on the web with their eye movements. I think this has captured his interest and hopefully it helps him out a lot. I think if he was able to more easily compose music on his own and actually hear it, that would be a great thing for him.

I dont know what I would do if all I could do is hear other people play around me and not be able to express my ideas myself. He is truly a strong spirit.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POS RG View Post
There's something going on where this company is developing something for people like jason where they can better communicate on the web with their eye movements. I think this has captured his interest and hopefully it helps him out a lot. I think if he was able to more easily compose music on his own and actually hear it, that would be a great thing for him.

I dont know what I would do if all I could do is hear other people play around me and not be able to express my ideas myself. He is truly a strong spirit.
There was a pledge drive and if there were 90 pledges, Jason would get a free one, if it got 400, they'd develop an app for him to compose songs. From what I gather, he got the free glasses.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
There was a pledge drive and if there were 90 pledges, Jason would get a free one, if it got 400, they'd develop an app for him to compose songs. From what I gather, he got the free glasses.
They also said they got a last minute donation that would enable them to do the app anyway!
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwd0120 View Post
They also said they got a last minute donation that would enable them to do the app anyway!
That is AWESOME. So happy for him.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 11:02 PM

Everytime I see this thread my mind reads "Jason Becker is Dead" and it freaks me out. I may change the title of this thread to "Jason Becker is Unhappy" or something.

Feel free to suggest alternate thread titles that don't end in "is SAD"
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

IDK, perhaps "Let's help Jason Becker" or something. Your suggestion is fine.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey j grieve View Post
The title refers to the fact that most people with ALS die within a few years,he has beat those odds by surviving 20 years with the disease and continued to contribute to his art and the world. Hence the title is very fitting.
Huh, of course I understand the reason for the title, but I think it is very ****ed up.

Yes, he should have died" many years ago, but he is not dead yet, as we should think of him as the guy who should be dead already. That is totally ****ed up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode