Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Jem strap buttons??

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Djshane1985 
#1 ·
Anyone know where I can get OEM gold jem7v strap buttons? I seem to have misplaced mine. Are they the same as prestige? Where can you buy Ibanez factory parts?

#4 ·
I appreciate it. I'll contact him. Also if it cant be answered here I'll ask it under tech but I just bought a 91' 450s. It has an edge trem. Now the guy said it needed a set up and I told him I'm pretty sure the edge has the lock studs. He said idk and that he had lowered the action already. I know it's an edge and that it has the lock studs. My question is if he did lower it without loosening the lock screws how much damage could it have done???

#5 ·
I've got loads of guitars with the locking studs and to a certain extent, they're a black art rather than engineering or science ;)

The guitar in question should (I think) have had the locking studs in there, so if the guy's managed to lower the action, either he'll have (partially) stripped the threads on the little hex screws that do the locking or the last owner didn't lock them down properly and they'll be fine.

#6 ·
It should. I looked at the archive catalog for that model and it says edge tremolo. I had to check because it has a chrome edge and I've never seen that on the older ibby's. But sure enough catalog says chrome edge. So the only way to know what damage (if any) was done is to take the studs out and look? New ones can be bought yes? Hopefully they're alright.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.