Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Jemsite Users Nicknames (usernames) - just curious...

181K views 620 replies 468 participants last post by  3bolt79 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Dudes,
what does your nickname mean?
I'm talkin about nicks like 7 Dying Trees, LGMT, Pry0531, VWall, Jester700, Vaiworship, Trouble311 and all the others.
I know it's a stupid question but ...just curiosity.

nuno

#7 ·
Jemsite Users Nicknames

Well, I think that the platypus is the coolest animal ever. A mammal that lays eggs and has a bill like a duck, hello!
It's also a really cool band project with John Myung, Derek Sherinian, Ty Tabor and Rod Morgenstein.
My real name is Kristofer if anyone wants to know.

#9 ·
Jemsite Users Nicknames

The "evo" and "pogo" in my name are from the guitars of vai's. The 3 is because of a stupid error of mine getting a user name.

Had to do it 3 times, so I put a 3 at the end of this one.

The little "v" is for virtuoso1692, which used to be my screen name, for those of you who remember me from the old forum.

#11 ·
Jemsite Users Nicknames

Hey guys,

I had been visiting this site for months as a guest. I was wanting a cool name, ya know, kinda like when you pick your webserver screen name. Anyway, I was reading all these old articles on Vai, because I was going to see him in a few weeks. I came across an issue of GFTPM, and it had a long article on Whitesnake....don't go there.....BUT it had a long part devoted to what David Coverdale was thinking when he was trying to get SSV to join the band. He nicknamed Vai "His Royal Darkness," and I just thought that sounded cool.

So now ya know.

Later,
Chris

#382 ·
Re: Jemsite Users Nicknames

Hey guys,

I had been visiting this site for months as a guest. *I was wanting a cool name, ya know, kinda like when you pick your webserver screen name. *Anyway, I was reading all these old articles on Vai, because I was going to see him in a few weeks. *I came across an issue of GFTPM, and it had a long article on Whitesnake....don't go there.....BUT it had a long part devoted to what David Coverdale was thinking when he was trying to get SSV to join the band. *He nicknamed Vai "His Royal Darkness," and I just thought that sounded cool.

So now ya know.
Later,
Chris
steve vai didnt write any material on slip of the tongue (whitesnake).....this was done by adrian vandenberg....who damaged his hand during the recording of the album....vai was paid $1.000000 to finish off the album.

#12 ·
Jemsite Users Nicknames

Superuser was the name of my old band.
Superuser defined is: one who is in control of his environment in a Linux system. It's some computer BS that the rest of the members knew something about. I had no clue. I thought it was some kind of A-hole Superhero who would use people in a super kind of way.

Robbie

#15 ·
Jemsite Users Nicknames

nuno on 11:20 am on Nov. 14, 2001

D'you like Jay Ratkowsky too? Hehe...
hehehe

I guess I'm not creative...

I always go by Uncle Meat or Mr Meat or Meat or whatever... I remember a while back I was talking to Kevan on AIM and some punk was stalking me so I just decided to get a new screen name and just stole from the Zappa album for one.

#16 ·
Jemsite Users Nicknames

I can't really begin to explain Wallopwallop as there are too many different nationalities using this site and it would result in a HUUUGE explanation. Those regulars in the UK who know the character Dave Angel from a comedy programme called "The Fast Show" may know what it all means.

Hey, you did ask!!

Nuff Said

Matt

#17 ·
Jemsite Users Nicknames

bammbamm on 2:48 pm on Nov. 14, 2001
Mine is somewhat obvious, provided you know who my namesake is. My old bandmates said I looked like the grown up version of Bammbamm and so it stuck and 5 years later I'm still using it. :biggrin:
BAMM !
Bamm Bamm is a VERY strong 2 year old boy from an American show called the Flintstones, which was later ripped off by a show called The Honeymooners.

Anyway...
I used to be in a band called Jane Doe. The circuit we were playing on had about a half a dozen Mikes, Steves, Joes and Johns. What ended up happening is that in referring to eachother, we'd use the first name and band they were in, hence KennyDoe. I carried it over to computer user names becuase it always seems to be available. On AOL Instant Mess, I'm KennyInvisible now - I retired KennyDoe.

~Kenny

#18 ·
Jemsite Users Nicknames

I got my name on a night of heavy drinking. At one point I blurted out that I wished I was black, because then I'd probably have a "singing" voice.

My friends figured I needed a name that sounded like a black street rappers name and came up with Salem B. The name has been with me ever since.

#23 ·
Jemsite Users Nicknames

No, i have nothing to do with shurlock holmes. I derived this name back in grade 8 when i needed someone to be a superhero ina story i was writing for english. Hense i created one Ziggy Whatson. The names have no relation to anything that i have in recolection except that one person in the classes last name was whatson. It's a very long strange story that goes nowhere really really slowly.

Joel

#25 ·
Jemsite Users Nicknames

When I was a little boy the farmer behind my house had a donkey. One day the donkey went extremely crazy: hence, bucking and acting stupid and such. He ended up running head first busting through the farmer's barn. A few minutes later he collapsed and died. They came to the conclusion that the cause of the donkey's death was an aneurysm or something. I just thought psychodonkey was a damn funny name and thoroughly described the donkey I witnessed as a child.

...[]Dsycho [])onkey...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.