Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Jemsite Users Nicknames (usernames) - just curious...

181K views 620 replies 468 participants last post by  3bolt79 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Dudes,
what does your nickname mean?
I'm talkin about nicks like 7 Dying Trees, LGMT, Pry0531, VWall, Jester700, Vaiworship, Trouble311 and all the others.
I know it's a stupid question but ...just curiosity.

nuno

#341 · (Edited)
;) what time is it?

i picked a strange name. i use the same name on the 'Bay. i've considered changing it several times. screamnjem77 was the name i wanted to have as the "demon" part of the other name is kinda harsh especially when selling and dealing with the general public. after 4 yrs here, i think i've just gotten used to it.

#347 ·
I wanted something cool sounding. So I named myself after the Johnny Lee Miller character in Trainspotting and after the Social Distortion song of the same name. Also, my real name is Nick and one of my friends would occasionally call me Nick Boy, among other things. It all works out.

#353 ·
My name comes from the 1986 Transformers movie soundtrack.

One of the most gratifyingly cheesy tunes you'll ever hear is this tune from it by Stan Bush called "The Touch" - actually Mark Wahlberg sings it in Boogie Nights as well, it's pretty funny. In the movie it's used for all the super-pumped victorious hero moments like Optimus Prime caning Megatron etc. and there's this line "It's in the blood, it's in the will/It's in the mighty hands of steel". Glorious.

#354 ·
I don't need to explain; rather obvious. I wished I had been more inventive b/c there are a lot of names with "guitar" in front of it. I'm such a yutz. I like Ferrous Lepidoptera's name. That is inventive. For those that don't know Ferrous pertains to iron and Lepidoptera is the order of classification for phylogenetic systematics (biology Latin naming system) butterflies and moths fall under. Someone is an insect fan.

#359 ·
What I really hate is all these people who try and be 'really cool' with their name. For example,

"Necrophagian Croxios"
"Deathscytheinyourface"
"Somethingreallylatinbecauseimmetalandclever"

and generally all those cliched idiots who think it's 'really cool' and 'metal' to put Latin and random weapons and death-associated words in their username in an attempt to make themself look really hard or profound, and look like either a vampire, or someone who is really intelligent and ZOMG knows Latin how cool are you :rolleyes:.

It's just severely lame.

#360 ·
What I really hate is all these people who try and be 'really cool' with their name. For example,

"Necrophagian Croxios"
"Deathscytheinyourface"
"Somethingreallylatinbecauseimmetalandclever"

and generally all those cliched idiots who think it's 'really cool' and 'metal' to put Latin and random weapons and death-associated words in their username in an attempt to make themself look really hard or profound, and look like either a vampire, or someone who is really intelligent and ZOMG knows Latin how cool are you :rolleyes:.

It's just severely lame.
I'm struggling to work yours out Dan

Mine's simple - First name = Mark, Surbame begins with G, and I like Van Halen

#368 ·
:lol:

I go by TJ Bones onstage and in fact I just had custom picks (Steve Claytons) made that say TJ Bones with a big skull on the front.

Bones sounds similar to Jones (my real last name) and besides growing up being a skinny guy I always brought the bones ;)

Using a different name onstage helps me know where I know people from: gigs, teaching or people that really know me call me Bones or Todd.

#364 ·
For my 21st birthday, when all my mates were getting fat checks my folks bought me a private number plate "DAZ 1004" for my car.

It was probably worth more than the car and cost me a fortune over the next few years having to move it from one sh1t box to the other. A few years ago I got really fed up with it because of the cost and the cheese factor and flogged it on the bay.

Not wanting to sound ungrateful but they have a history of strange gifts. For my 24th birthday they bought me a trouser press so the wife wouldn’t have to iron my pants. For xmas a few years ago they bought me a Star Wars alarm clock (I was 27 at the time, I don’t have anything else Star Wars at all).

They are bonkers but entertaining.

#372 ·
For my 21st birthday, when all my mates were getting fat checks my folks bought me a private number plate "DAZ 1004" for my car.

It was probably worth more than the car and cost me a fortune over the next few years having to move it from one sh1t box to the other. A few years ago I got really fed up with it because of the cost and the cheese factor and flogged it on the bay.

Not wanting to sound ungrateful but they have a history of strange gifts. For my 24th birthday they bought me a trouser press so the wife wouldn't have to iron my pants. For xmas a few years ago they bought me a Star Wars alarm clock (I was 27 at the time, I don't have anything else Star Wars at all).

They are bonkers but entertaining.
LOL I hope it wasn't a Princess Leah alarm clock. lol Ay, la familia la familia! lol Great stories. Thanks for sharing. You gave me a laugh. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.