Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Jemsite Users Nicknames (usernames) - just curious...

181K views 620 replies 468 participants last post by  3bolt79 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Dudes,
what does your nickname mean?
I'm talkin about nicks like 7 Dying Trees, LGMT, Pry0531, VWall, Jester700, Vaiworship, Trouble311 and all the others.
I know it's a stupid question but ...just curiosity.

nuno

#27 ·
Jemsite Users Nicknames

quite simple really,

I have a 7D I put evolutions in it D + EVO = DEVO.
Thats what I called the guitar I thought the Devolution Idea was kinda cool so I adopted it as a username

Kinda stuck even though I took the evolutions back out of the D and put the breeds back in.

Steve

#28 ·
Jemsite Users Nicknames

Well,

It all started late July 4th, 1968 when my parents decided to bury their differences in a number of alcoholic bevereges at a party. They decided to do the horizontal mambo later that night and the rest, as they say, is history :laugh: (actually there's more to that story because I was born with the first name Sean and the last name Lee but due to R/L twists of fate my birth certificate now says the name you know me by - but that is yet another couple of stories - complicated huh?)

I actually go by Lord_Jereth online but I wanted everyone to know me by my real name here. Lord refers to a lifestyle choice which I won't go into and Jereth (Jareth) was David Bowie's character in Labyrinth. That's why I always sign my posts with

:cool: LJ

#29 ·
Jemsite Users Nicknames

My nickname is actually kinda lame. I should read "guitarrero" in an English and/or Spanish context; but since I'm German and "gitarrero" is a common equivalent for "guitarist" in German language, I chose it as a nick and it seems like it's being accepted :)

Oliver

#31 ·
Jemsite Users Nicknames

I have absolutely no idea...

A possible explanation is it's something to do with 7 being my favorite number/day of the month I am born on. The trees bits is an elf thing (big pointy ears..yay!) or something else to do with being attracted to forests and the dying bit, well, I guess that's maybe due to my view on life in general at times, and general view of the world, but I am really not sure what was going through my head (if anything) at the time I typed it in. Kinda like now...

But yes. Elves! They rock!

#34 ·
Jemsite Users Nicknames

7 Dying Trees on 3:14 pm on Nov. 15, 2001
I have absolutely no idea...

A possible explanation is it's something to do with 7 being my favorite number/day of the month I am born on. The trees bits is an elf thing (big pointy ears..yay!) or something else to do with being attracted to forests and the dying bit, well, I guess that's maybe due to my view on life in general at times, and general view of the world, but I am really not sure what was going through my head (if anything) at the time I typed it in. Kinda like now...

But yes. Elves! They rock!
that's what i thought !

#36 ·
Jemsite Users Nicknames

My real name is Guy, and I am cool, Daddy-O!

GUYCOOL had been taken already at aol, so my email is GUY1COOL, because I am Cool no.1.

I was going to do an album of overdubbed jazz stuff-
'The Birth of Guy Cool', but it hasn't happened yet.

Guy

#38 ·
Jemsite Users Nicknames

Mine's pretty simple as well. "Rev" is a nickname that I got back in high school (88-92). I went to a fairly ******* school & I wore a lot of black clothing. Still do! Anyway, the jocks dubbed me "The Reverand" due to my appearance, leter shortened to "Rev".

"Sharp" is my last name. And "777" got stuck in there because I chose to be a trendy Jemsiter 2 years ago when EVERYBODY was throwing 7s on the end of their name. Nowadays, I guess you could say it represents me as a strictly 7-string guitarist. :)

#41 ·
Jemsite Users Nicknames

Patrick Deno on 1:46 pm on Nov. 15, 2001
Yo James,

Just blame it on the blood shots :rotf:

:cool: LJ
I think there's a lot of things I can blame it on, the favorite being me being blond, but I think there's a long long list...

As for the elf thing, last year I went around asking every make up artist I met trying to get them to make me elf ears that I could stick on when I wanted. Noone took me seriously, but the few that did told me it was a once only thing, so I never had them made :cry: . Elves are still cool though...

#45 ·
Jemsite Users Nicknames

My nickname came partially from a girl I used to date....she named me after some country song, the one that says "I smel T-R-O-U-B-L-E"....everytime I would come around, she'd say "Here comes trouble".....so it kinda stuck....and 311 is my favorite band....so I guess that's it....

#46 ·
Jemsite Users Nicknames

Well, for my online name I decided to dig deep and strive for something harmonious.

I wanted something mystical yet forthright, something whimsical whilst remaining serious.

I really had to reflect the true nature of my online self, whilst echoing the deeply complex resonance of real life.

I chose something that is a triumph of simplicity over complexity.

A paragon of virtue, the very semblance of quality and frivolity - I chose...

adrianfoden

Rather like my guitar playing, the lost space is insignificant!

Ha Ha!

#47 ·
Jemsite Users Nicknames

OK, so embarrassing moment at Jemfest...

I arrive, get guitars set up in gallery
Guy arrives...

I say "Hi, my name is Adrian"

Guy says " ... and my name is Guy. What's your online name on Jemsite"

I say "erm uh, uhm (looking at feet) well, it's a bit cryptic its adrianfoden"

Guy says "oh"

I say... "so what's yours...?"

Guy says - "It's a bit of a long story, it's GuyCool"

I say "oh" and then we conclude this sorry episode by slobbering over Jems and then going off to the bar for beers!

The moral of this tale is - choose your witty online name with care as one day you will be held to account for it!

(Edited by adrianfoden at 1:38 am on Nov. 17, 2001)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.