Jemsite Users Nicknames (usernames) - just curious... - Page 2 - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 616 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 03:19 PM

Jemsite Users Nicknames

I can't really begin to explain Wallopwallop as there are too many different nationalities using this site and it would result in a HUUUGE explanation. Those regulars in the UK who know the character Dave Angel from a comedy programme called "The Fast Show" may know what it all means.

Hey, you did ask!!

Nuff Said

Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 616 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 03:27 PM

Jemsite Users Nicknames

Quote:
bammbamm on 2:48 pm on Nov. 14, 2001
Mine is somewhat obvious, provided you know who my namesake is. My old bandmates said I looked like the grown up version of Bammbamm and so it stuck and 5 years later I'm still using it. :biggrin:
BAMM !
Bamm Bamm is a VERY strong 2 year old boy from an American show called the Flintstones, which was later ripped off by a show called The Honeymooners.

Anyway...
I used to be in a band called Jane Doe. *The circuit we were playing on had about a half a dozen Mikes, Steves, Joes and Johns. *What ended up happening is that in referring to eachother, we'd use the first name and band they were in, hence KennyDoe. *I carried it over to computer user names becuase it always seems to be available. *On AOL Instant Mess, I'm KennyInvisible now - I retired KennyDoe.

~Kenny
post #18 of 616 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 03:38 PM

Jemsite Users Nicknames

I got my name on a night of heavy drinking. At one point I blurted out that I wished I was black, because then I'd probably have a "singing" voice.

My friends figured I needed a name that sounded like a black street rappers name and came up with Salem B. The name has been with me ever since.
post #19 of 616 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 03:40 PM

Reviews: 2
Jemsite Users Nicknames

Pablo,
Cause Paul didn't work Pol didn't work and I'm a big PG fan
post #20 of 616 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 03:54 PM

Jemsite Users Nicknames

PG tips tea bags?
post #21 of 616 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 05:34 PM

Jemsite Users Nicknames

ummm, I guess I'm one of the unoriginal ones...being as I am called Pete, and I'm welsh..

It started in college when there were two guys called Pete in the house, me and Brummie Pete....

Ah well...

Pete
post #22 of 616 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 06:31 PM

Jemsite Users Nicknames

Xing (zing) is from roadsigns that say"deer xing"(for 'crossing') & Cztarre is the most complicated way I could think of to spell star because I knew some people who kept using fake names like ____ Star or Starr & I wanted to *mock them.
post #23 of 616 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 06:32 PM

Jemsite Users Nicknames

No, i have nothing to do with shurlock holmes. *I derived this name back in grade 8 when i needed someone to be a superhero ina story i was writing for english. *Hense i created one Ziggy Whatson. *The names have no relation to anything that i have in recolection except that one person in the classes last name was whatson. *It's a very long strange story that goes nowhere really really slowly.

* Joel
post #24 of 616 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 09:54 PM

Jemsite Users Nicknames

Kinda simple. *I enjoy shred guitar music (Not neo-classical though), and some females find me unbelievably sexy. *
post #25 of 616 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 11:31 PM

Jemsite Users Nicknames

When I was a little boy the farmer behind my house had a donkey. *One day the donkey went extremely crazy: hence, bucking and acting stupid and such. *He ended up running head first busting through the farmer's barn. *A few minutes later he collapsed and died. *They came to the conclusion that the cause of the donkey's death was an aneurysm or something. *I just thought psychodonkey was a damn funny name and thoroughly described the donkey I witnessed as a child.

...[]Dsycho [])onkey...
post #26 of 616 (permalink) Old 11-15-2001, 04:19 AM Thread Starter

Jemsite Users Nicknames

You guys seem to have such some curious stories in your life!
Go on!

nuno
post #27 of 616 (permalink) Old 11-15-2001, 05:19 AM

Jemsite Users Nicknames

quite simple really,

I have a 7D I put evolutions in it D + EVO = DEVO.
Thats what I called the guitar I thought the Devolution Idea was kinda cool so I adopted it as a username

Kinda stuck even though I took the evolutions back out of the D and put the breeds back in.

Steve
post #28 of 616 (permalink) Old 11-15-2001, 07:30 AM

Jemsite Users Nicknames

Well,

It all started late July 4th, 1968 when my parents decided to bury their differences in a number of alcoholic bevereges at a party. They decided to do the horizontal mambo later that night and the rest, as they say, is history :laugh: (actually there's more to that story because I was born with the first name Sean and the last name Lee but due to R/L twists of fate my birth certificate now says the name you know me by - but that is yet another couple of stories - complicated huh?)

I actually go by Lord_Jereth online but I wanted everyone to know me by my real name here. Lord refers to a lifestyle choice which I won't go into and Jereth (Jareth) was David Bowie's character in Labyrinth. That's why I always sign my posts with

LJ
post #29 of 616 (permalink) Old 11-15-2001, 07:40 AM

Jemsite Users Nicknames

My nickname is actually kinda lame. I should read "guitarrero" in an English and/or Spanish context; but since I'm German and "gitarrero" is a common equivalent for "guitarist" in German language, I chose it as a nick and it seems like it's being accepted

Oliver
post #30 of 616 (permalink) Old 11-15-2001, 09:36 AM

Jemsite Users Nicknames

Mine is not too terribly inventive. *My last name is Prioli and my birthday is 05-31. *What part of Italy are you from? *Io sono di Rimini.
Out,
GP

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode