Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Jemsite Users Nicknames (usernames) - just curious...

181K views 620 replies 468 participants last post by  3bolt79 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Dudes,
what does your nickname mean?
I'm talkin about nicks like 7 Dying Trees, LGMT, Pry0531, VWall, Jester700, Vaiworship, Trouble311 and all the others.
I know it's a stupid question but ...just curiosity.

nuno

#130 ·
when i started getting on the internet in 1999, i was trying to think of a cool email address. i couldn't think of one, so i started trying things....

name -> James Leon Wilde
things i like -> astronomy, music, science

so, the wildealien was born... 8- )

-leon

BTW, i go by Leon in person, because my grandpa's first name was James, and my dad's first name is also James. my grandpa went by Jim, and my dad goes by his middle name as well. its a first born son thing i suppose. i might keep with it myself, if/when i have kids.

#137 ·
well...I really just thought of something off the top of my head. I really didn't think very hard about it. I've actually just thought about switching to tex...as that's what everyone on here calls me..

Ok, Im from Texas, so there's the tex part. Im a shredder type, so there's shred. And most of the people on this site love vai, and being 777's a pretty valid number to his whole idiom...i thought 777 would in a way help identify me as part of this here jemsite community. Sounds like a lot of thought...but not really. At the time i didnt feel like using my real name online...though i usually sign as my name when posting.

Chris

#139 ·
If I can ever bring myself to pay the $80, I will have a vanity license plate that reads L8R G8R...get it.....L-"eight"-er G-"eight"-er.....Later Gator. Besides it's an easy to remember password that nobody will ever figure out.

Oh.....uh......sorry about that....now I have to kill you all for finding out my password. :D

#144 ·
I was in Istanbul at a friend's place one evening, we were listening to "Even in the quietest moments" from Supertramp. The next day I opened a Hotmail acount and needed a user name. Being influenced by the wonderful Semitic vibe of the place, I decided to use "babaji," one of the songs from the aforementioned album. Since babaji was taken, I settled with its homonym, babahi. And that was nearly 4 years ago...

#149 ·
"Where's the Beef" comes from an old fastfood chain commerical. I can't remember if it was Wendy's or Burger King. Anyhow, the commercial had this grandma going into various burger shops peeking into the hamburger buns shouting "Where's the beef?" Was a very popular commercial that actually turned into like a mini series. Really funny. Especially the first ones.

- raijin

Or is this not where your handle comes from? :lol:

#151 ·
I have qutie a few, being a kind of oddball where i live.

theres Al Capone (with a stress on the e)- Im pretty much the only northern italian in the one horse town i moved into when i moved to north carolina. everyone was southern baptist and related, well not me. people thought i was in the mob :)

Vai- I'm pretty much the only person around here who listens to steve vai, especially to the extent i listen to him. so theres that name.

Bottoney- again, people will think i will sound more Italian if they put the y on the end and try to make it sound cool.

Tony Bologna- I dont know where this really came from, but someone called me it at a party once and it stuck.

Bad Blood Bottone- kind of hard to explain this one, but it has to do with me drinking a lot of alcohol one night.

And my brother calls me ****head :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.