Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Jemsite Users Nicknames (usernames) - just curious...

181K views 620 replies 468 participants last post by  3bolt79 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Dudes,
what does your nickname mean?
I'm talkin about nicks like 7 Dying Trees, LGMT, Pry0531, VWall, Jester700, Vaiworship, Trouble311 and all the others.
I know it's a stupid question but ...just curiosity.

nuno

#152 ·
Well, ShredOrDead because I love all things shred. It is my mission in life to bring back 80s/early-90s hair/glam/sleaze metal (so many names, so much music). No, I won't bring back the poodle hair or the neon spandex. Maybe the spiky wristbands, though.

Other handles are MrScary (George Lynch is my all-time favorite player, if only he'd play Ibanez!), MadPoet (from a character by Robert E. Howard, creator of Conan and Kull), and MillerTime (last name, too easy.)

This is pretty interesting. Who's next?

#153 ·
Mine came from the band I joined when I was 17. They had been looking for another guitarist for quite sometime and couldn't find one that fit their style - huge Aerosmith and GnR fans... Anyway, I'm sitting there in the local guitar store, jamming some GnR on a Les Paul Custom (this was 1989) and the guitarist approached me.

He goes back to the band and reports that he's found the guitar player. "Cool!" they reply, "What's his name?"
"Dennis Secord" (It is pronounced "C-chord")
"That's a joke right, his name is Secord and he's a guitarist?"

Anyway, after I joined the band, they called me F#m9cord, Eaug5cord, etc for a while until they all settled on Dcord, being my first initial and the last half of my surname. Stuck - that was 13 years ago. 8O

#159 ·
Rich said:
Well, I was sitting here scratching my nuts trying to think up a cool name, and it came to me. I had an itch, and my first name starts with R, Rich. Hey, it worked [and so did the ointment they gave me for the itch!!]
Oh, Gaaawd, now I'm going to have an unconscious itch whenever I look at your name!!! Any ointment you recommend for the Rich, err I mean itch? :lol:

- raijin

#164 ·
Knightmare was taken... I was into evil computer things when I was in college and found a book by someone who called himself "Knightmare" and I thought it was a cool name... hence my AOL screen name "Knightmare." If I chose to use "Hi Guano," one of my other names, people would be asking me "Isn't that bat SH!T?" and I've grown weary of answering that question.

#166 ·
I guess my name seems a little big headed, but I didn't mean for it to sound like that. I said "I'm a F'ing Rockstar" once to my band during a good show we were doing, and they kinda went, "yeah, whatever Rockstar", and they started calling me that sarcasticly. My guitar straps are embossed with ROCKSTAR on them. My real name is Nick, but my mother called me Nikki, that somehow got picked up by my friends as me trying to be Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue, especially since I was playing bass at the time. I watched "Motley Crue Unsensored" way too much and now I often act like them. Drinking, acting like a retard on stage, fighting, drug use, sex, and doing my best to live up to the Rockstar way of life. I know that I'll never be a real rockstar, so I'm doing my best to live that life anyway. Everyone dreams of making it big, but I also dreamed of playing in a band in bars and clubs, and I've accomplished that dream. I'm having fun and being 30 years old, this lifestyle is taking it's toll on me. Soon I'll be just Nick again. 8)

#167 ·
Long Story...Not really

Well i used to use alot of drugs before I got into playing the Guitar and One day when I had just dropped a tab in my mouth I was at a pub in Ireland and I walked in and Some random guy came up to me and said Hey BOB...Even though it was not my name...Ever since that day it has been my nickname...And i added the Little before hand so I would look better.
Well there you go... 8O :!: :!: :!:

#172 ·
I'm still giggling over Rich's comments Ehehehe
My nick is just the Jem i lurve the most,It's my dream guitar and shall be building a 7 string version (look a like) after xmas :)

One day i shall own a rootbeer !!!

Rob

Ooooops The MK stands for Milton Keynes (where i currently reside)

#173 ·
Shortly after my first steps in the Inet (1994) came the movie "Strange Days", which is one of the most underrated movies (well, my 5 cent)... When I started subscribe for this and that and joined chats and forums I first used a nick that came to my mind.... Ending up with countless nicks and passwords I switched to LennyNero and MaxPeltier (both are characters in the movie). If one doesn't work I use the other.

#176 ·
Janne,
i know you better than you might think, hehe... i read your mind... hm... let me see... but... hey bros, this guy builds amps!!! and he builds anything, from cabs to wireless systems, EQs, effects, laser-controlled devices and many more!!!
you're a wizard, Janne!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.