Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Jemsite Users Nicknames (usernames) - just curious...

181K views 620 replies 468 participants last post by  3bolt79 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Dudes,
what does your nickname mean?
I'm talkin about nicks like 7 Dying Trees, LGMT, Pry0531, VWall, Jester700, Vaiworship, Trouble311 and all the others.
I know it's a stupid question but ...just curiosity.

nuno

#183 ·
my full name is Charles Webb. Some kid was taking the piss out of my name and said it as fast as possible. Eventually it got muffled into Chud Wuller Wuller (dam hard to write it!). Everntually they got bored of calling me Chud Wuller Wuller and said Chud which is now my nickname for everything. Also i did have a nic name called Casper for skateboarding reasons

#184 ·
I have a Les Paul Custom with a sunburst finish which I have not been able to correctly identify. I bought it in '87 for $479.00 without really Knowing what it was or how expensive they usually are. It was used but in good shape with almost no fret wear. From the serial # I have determined it was made in '76 and it still rocks d**n hard today!!
Got dimarzio tone works in the neck and super dis in the bridge I think
My real name is Greg which I think is boring.

#188 ·
I chose mine because of my nickname - Screamer. I got the nickname by winning a screaming contest at a party with former bandmates 20 years ago. The drummer, who recently left my current band, has been calling me screamer or scream ever since. Since the Jem7 is my favorite guitar, I chose to use that as well.

8) Scott

ps: My 1 year anniversary since joining Jemsite is coming up soon. If you guys each pitched in a couple bucks, you could buy me a 7DBK. :wink:

#190 ·
well, my real name is actually keith, but barely anyone calls me that in real life.

Most people call me Bumble , which is a nick i got stuck with 3-4 yrs ago. Even the college headmaster called me Bumble recently, and so do the majority of teachers.

I guess it's ironic that my online nick is keith, huh ? :lol:

#195 ·
I was in a music class a few years back at school (before i had ever picked up a guitar) and we had to compose an original song in groups of 4 or 5. My friend found a piece of paper on the floor with the word 'weser' written on it. Short of inspiration, we wrote an entire song about 'the weser'. It was a totally stupid song. A couple of days later, i signed up to hotmail for my first email account as 'weserman'. Its stuck ever since as i can't think of anything better. Also, no one else ever has it, so i never have to have numbers with it.

#196 ·
I've been using jim777 (after the Jem777, duh) since about 1990 on Usenet and the rest of the web. I was pretty surprised to see no one here, of all places, had taken it yet. I've had to explain it a few times over the years, but not in a while. There's a lot more people on Usenet now than there used to be, and a lot of AOL type "bob8976357" names, too.

jim

#200 ·
The Black Page

Written by Frank Zappa with Terry Bozzio in mind. There are lots of version in Zappa´s discography, all of them terrific, specially the ones where Terry Bozzio is playing with marimba player Ruth Underwood.

Also, please correct me if i am wrong, is the song that Mr. Vai sent as a demo tape to Zappa.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.