Juat got back from holiday - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Juat got back from holiday

So... Hello my friends.
I had a good time over there, I saw my grandparents and uncle. I have seen violin-makers, met some really good musicians etc.
I also got interested in photography, so I took some photos with my DSC-N1 and I'd like to share some of them with you, hear what you've got to say, all kinds of things.
There's only two right now but I'll upload some in the near future.

www.flickr.com/photos/wisredz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 05:10 PM

Re: Juat got back from holiday

Hi Wiz

Good to see ya back

I like the photos. Especailly the on from the boat with the sun rayz!!

Umm......WHERE did you go?? Or did I miss that??
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 05:40 PM

Beautiful pics. Any pics from the Violin shop?
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 05:42 PM

where did you go...?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Awwww, forgot to write that. I went to Izmir, a beatiful holiday place in Turkey. This is not the holiday part of the city, it's the industrial, more city-like side. We didn't go to the other side because it was very hot and nobody was particularly enthusiastic about the idea.
I couldn't take any violin photos, though I wanted it very much. I was too busy talking to the guys over there, I forgot I wanted to take some photos. No matter, I visit my grandparents quite much, I'll certainly provide you with some pics in the future. There was a really beatiful handmade violin that I really wanted, and it wasn't that pricey. They told me it could be mine for nearly 700 USD but I'm sure they would go a little below that, given my uncle is an opera member and all that.
I'll upload some more photos, but that job's taking a lot of time, given that the photos are really big.
So good to be back home. I'm officially going to be a college student tomorrow!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 12:06 AM

Cool photo!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 12:39 AM

Sounds like you had a great time and have interesting family to spend it with. The pic taken from the water is very nice. It replaced my walpaper pic(puzzle guitar) for now. I hope you don't mind.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 03:44 AM

Cool, Welcome back. Its always nice to go on vacation, but its nice to come back home too!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 07:55 AM

Oohhh... The picture of the water was breathtaking!!!

Great job..... Do you take a lot of pictures, and I'm just missing them?? Like.. Do you have any more on Jemsite?

~ Katrina
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

J Craft, of course I won't mind that! I'm stunned actually, I never thought someone would ask me something like that It's great!

katrina, I take a lot of photos, I carry my N1 with me at all times and shoot anything that look good to me, but due to huge sizes of these photos, I cannot upload so much photos. And quite frankly, I hadn't thought of sharing my photos with thew general public. you might have noticed, I have only 2 photos on flickr, and I did that to show some photos I have taken without uploading each time.
I'll post some though
Thanks a lot guys! I feel just fine!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 06:34 PM

Welcome back. Those are some beautiful pictures too.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 07:09 PM

Maybe if anyone knows how you can MINIMIZE your pictures, that'd be great!! I'm pretty sure that if you have a digital camera (I don't know what an N1 is, heheeee!) you can go to "menu" and find "format" for your pictures... I'm PRETTY SURE there's a way for you to minimize the size of the pictures!
I don't know for sure, but that's just a suggestion.

~ Katrina
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 07:23 AM Thread Starter

Yeah actually there is a way to do that, I generally shoot in 8M and 5M modes, and there really is a way but it is time consuming, but will do that
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wis Redz of Silvanost View Post
Yeah actually there is a way to do that, I generally shoot in 8M and 5M modes, and there really is a way but it is time consuming, but will do that
YESS!! I can't wait!!

Photography is A GREAT pasttime!!

~ Katrina

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode