Just scored Score! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Just scored Score!

I don't mean I've notated all of it, that'd be a monster task. I just got it delivered today. I've only watched a few songs so far, gonna give it the real viewing tomorrow night. But man, it looks and sounds fantastic!
I'm a full-blown DT nutcase, and a friend of mine said I'd buy their farts if they sold 'em, but this DVD looks very special - although having listened to Metropolis part 1, I didn't hear the orchestra adding too much to the song

Anyone else got it? What did you make of it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 11:00 PM

Re: Just scored Score!

i preordered from amazon. Awesome dvd, the orchestra is best in six degrees.

I ordered my mates and we split postage and when i told him it arrived he ran here in his flip flops and boxers to get it lol

The old songs they play are really good as well and they play a demo from falling into infinity. I rekon its the best dvd so far.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 04:25 AM

I love it! I'm a DT fan/nut myself and you'll hear them at their best in this DVD. Even when the songs may not be their best ones, they play them SO WELL that if I had to own 1 DT DVD it would be this. Even LaBrie completely owned me on this one...
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 07:29 AM

amazing, got the 3cd set off e.bay for 8 it is absolutley amazing, the six degrees of inner turbulence suite is incredible
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 08:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zEr0 View Post
I love it! I'm a DT fan/nut myself and you'll hear them at their best in this DVD. Even when the songs may not be their best ones, they play them SO WELL that if I had to own 1 DT DVD it would be this. Even LaBrie completely owned me on this one...
Really? If I had to choose just one DVD, it'd have to be Met 2000.
Did you see them last year at the Fila forum? I was lucky enough to see DT at the Hammersmith, then Steve Lukather's El GRoupo at the Blue Note in Milan and then a few days later, DT at the Fila forum.
Their poerformance in Italy was much better than in the UK, even Myung got animated!

Epicus, for just 3 quid more you can get it on DVD from Amazon.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 08:45 AM

biatch
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leec View Post
Really? If I had to choose just one DVD, it'd have to be Met 2000.
Did you see them last year at the Fila forum? I was lucky enough to see DT at the Hammersmith, then Steve Lukather's El GRoupo at the Blue Note in Milan and then a few days later, DT at the Fila forum.
Their poerformance in Italy was much better than in the UK, even Myung got animated!

Epicus, for just 3 quid more you can get it on DVD from Amazon.
Well it's a tough call. As a matter of fact, Live Scenes from New York is the DVD/album that actuially got me into them (still my favourite album) and I just love the music in that one. However I think that performance-wise they were not as fit as they are in Score (LaBrie and the Petruzzo mainly).

Score amazes me as far as musicianship goes but I don't enjoy the music as much as in SFAM. Problem is, they play so freekin well that I'm starting to like Octavarium since this DVD.

I was at the Fila Forum last year but I must say I didn't enjoy the show at all. To me, Octavarium was a big letdown (only now I'm starting to get into it) and I didn't appreciate them playing through the whole album. The tracks from the previous albums were not the ones I wanted to hear and the performance wasn't really that great IMHO. I remember leaving the stadium pretty angry about throwing away my money but of course I wouldn't hesitate a second if they come around here again to play live. I'd buy the ticket in a heartbeat.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 02:37 PM

I'm not too fussed over octavarium either. I can't wait to see JP next month but.

Last edited by crevis; 10-20-2006 at 05:35 PM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Just watched the entire DVD. The show is stunning. They always play so well, but LaBrie sometimes lacks a little.
Everyone is playing perfectly here, even the backing vocals sound great.

I'm not overly blown away by the addition of the orchestra. They don't add too much to it, mostly just augment what orchestral instrument sounds are used on the songs already.
The documentary is great. A very candid look at the band, much better than the previous documentaries, which are badly put together; full of amateur home video and clips of fans screaming.

Hmm, you may well be right, zEr0. That could be the best DVD.

Tags
steve lukather

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

score God is Love
how do you know if you have a non transposing score

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode