just sold my ride.SL-55 AMG. - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: california
Posts: 295
Reviews: 7
Unhappy just sold my ride.SL-55 AMG.

well guys just sold my mercedes 2003 sl55 AMG, to buy my wife a new SUV due to a new born baby, i'll miss that car owend it for the last 5 years.



SHAIBANEZ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 06:27 PM
 
Passion_and_Warfare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hartlepool, England
Posts: 1,688
Re: just sold my ride.SL-55 AMG.

Shai, I simply can't believe you let that Merc go! The SL-55 AMG just oozes pure class.
Passion_and_Warfare is offline  
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 06:56 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 692
Re: just sold my ride.SL-55 AMG.

What kind of SUV?
YaYoGakk is offline  
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: california
Posts: 295
Reviews: 7
Re: just sold my ride.SL-55 AMG.

well family first guys, what can i do, got two kids now, hardly driven that car, i sold it with 32000 miles on it thats a very very low miles, use to drive it only on weekend, well i got 2009 ML 350 STILL OK.(but can't comper to that V-8 kompressor super chareged ).
thats life.
SHAIBANEZ is offline  
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 01:01 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 1,498
Re: just sold my ride.SL-55 AMG.

You're so right dude. Must be really tough to sell one Mercedes and buy another, newer Mercedes. Wouldn't wanna be in your shoes.
shreddersymphony is offline  
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 02:21 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vic, Australia
Posts: 940
Reviews: 4
Re: just sold my ride.SL-55 AMG.

Poor shame to let that baby go, and even more so to replace it with an ML. I'm not a fan and have had bad exp, for the price range I'd rather go with a Porsche Cayenne, to me that is a beast of an SUV with class.
prydogga is offline  
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 06:04 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,466
Reviews: 21
Re: just sold my ride.SL-55 AMG.

Shaibanez...dude, i feel your pain. I sold my Monaro coupe i rebuilt from the ground up...you name it, i did it......big block chev, mini tubs, full manual t400.......every nut and bolt was replaced or refinished.....but alas....along came child number 2 and the house was getting cramped so the decision was made to get the family a bigger house....... i cried like a baby when that car drove away.......seriously..i cried.....that car had seem the worst and best times of my life....... i hope letting your AMG go will be less painful than my experience!!! Best of luck with the family mate
UV-7-BK is offline  
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: california
Posts: 295
Reviews: 7
Re: just sold my ride.SL-55 AMG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydogga View Post
Poor shame to let that baby go, and even more so to replace it with an ML. I'm not a fan and have had bad exp, for the price range I'd rather go with a Porsche Cayenne, to me that is a beast of an SUV with class.
yea , actualy i was thinking on getting the cayenne, my wife did't like it, so we got the ML.
SHAIBANEZ is offline  
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: california
Posts: 295
Reviews: 7
Re: just sold my ride.SL-55 AMG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UV-7-BK View Post
Shaibanez...dude, i feel your pain. I sold my Monaro coupe i rebuilt from the ground up...you name it, i did it......big block chev, mini tubs, full manual t400.......every nut and bolt was replaced or refinished.....but alas....along came child number 2 and the house was getting cramped so the decision was made to get the family a bigger house....... i cried like a baby when that car drove away.......seriously..i cried.....that car had seem the worst and best times of my life....... i hope letting your AMG go will be less painful than my experience!!! Best of luck with the family mate
O man for you its even harder, you rebuild it, i did nothing, sorry to hear that bro.
SHAIBANEZ is offline  
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 03:53 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,559
Re: just sold my ride.SL-55 AMG.

that sucks.

You know, growing up my parents only owned coupe's. I think they just put up with the folding down of the front seats and awkward positions they had to get in to strap us kids in the back.

As soon as I grew up though the coupe's disappeared, and both got 2 seater convertibles. lol.

Should've stood your ground! Car stays, kids in the boot. hehe
wilch is offline  
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: california
Posts: 295
Reviews: 7
Unhappy Re: just sold my ride.SL-55 AMG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilch View Post
that sucks.

You know, growing up my parents only owned coupe's. I think they just put up with the folding down of the front seats and awkward positions they had to get in to strap us kids in the back.

As soon as I grew up though the coupe's disappeared, and both got 2 seater convertibles. lol.

Should've stood your ground! Car stays, kids in the boot. hehe
he he, i should've try that ,but what can i do car had to go.
SHAIBANEZ is offline  
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 06:45 PM
 
jb4674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Fairfax, VA - USA
Posts: 4,612
Reviews: 18
Re: just sold my ride.SL-55 AMG.

Man I wish I had your problems. Sell a Benz to get a soccer mom Benz.

Cry me a river.....

Jimmy
jb4674 is offline  
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 07:37 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 1,498
Re: just sold my ride.SL-55 AMG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddersymphony View Post
You're so right dude. Must be really tough to sell one Mercedes and buy another, newer Mercedes. Wouldn't wanna be in your shoes.
here jimmy^, check out my previous comment.
shreddersymphony is offline  
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 07:46 PM
 
panacea151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: North Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 336
Re: just sold my ride.SL-55 AMG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAIBANEZ View Post
well family first guys, what can i do, got two kids now, hardly driven that car, i sold it with 32000 miles on it thats a very very low miles, use to drive it only on weekend, well i got 2009 ML 350 STILL OK.(but can't comper to that V-8 kompressor super chareged ).
thats life.
Let's see pics of the new ML !!
panacea151 is offline  
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: california
Posts: 295
Reviews: 7
Re: just sold my ride.SL-55 AMG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panacea151 View Post
Let's see pics of the new ML !!
need to take some dont have any.(will do)
SHAIBANEZ is offline  
Reply

Tags
cars

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in










 
Similar Searches

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My new ride - 7DBK trouble311 Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models 19 07-05-2009 12:31 PM
pimped my ride Bezial Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models 29 08-06-2006 02:04 AM
My new ride! JEM77BRMR Off-topic / Miscellaneous 21 05-22-2006 09:05 PM
Un-pimp your ride Mikael Jurman Off-topic / Miscellaneous 15 03-03-2006 07:03 PM
Driving to Orlando - Anyone want a ride down I-75? bduersch Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! 0 02-11-2001 10:17 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome