Just some thoughts... - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 12
Red face Just some thoughts...

So a year ago I weighed in at 331 lbs, my knees, and my ankles hurt bad. I was listless and fairly lazy, and had the security of working where and when I liked to. I had pretty much stopped playing live due to the fact that I was so self conscious.

Our neighbor had a party over the summer and of course there was food. My 10 year old son wound up wolfing down 4 cheeseburgers without my knowledge. The scary thing was that he was learning this bad food behavior from me...

I had already talked to my wife and kids before this about not living past another 10 years, because I was a prime candidate for a heart attack. I was okay with my lifestyle and my health and figured it shouldn't be a big deal. In a depressed fit of anguish and despair over what kind of example I was setting for my family. I joined a weight loss clinic called Physicians Weight Loss Center (PWLC). I went in with a bad attitude, and negative intentions on losing weight. I figured I could fail at this, be dead within 8-12 years and it would be the fault of the people at PWLC. I could shift the blame to them. Funny thing is, that I started losing weight, and feeling better. I retrained my eating habits, and took control of my life.

There were many obstacles to get through from my past, sexual abuse, drug and alcohol addiction, attempted suicides, and other emotional damage, and miraculously I found my way through. I had been clean from alcohol and drugs for quite some time. I started playing again, helping the family eat healthy, as well as being healthy both mentally and physically, and have become a symbol of hope to many of the people in my area who have had food addictions and emotional issues because of it.

PWLC asked me to be on their billboards on the highways out here as a result of my success. They are also putting me into print and television ads as well. I since have made many new plans including recording a CD, which will hopefully revive my music interests. Some promotional talks, a self help/bio type book, and am currently in the phase of booking myself onto television and radio programs to tell my hopefully inspiring stories…

It’s been a long time since I’ve been happy on so many fronts, so I just thought I’d share this with the Jemsite family!!

Last edited by DEADTUNES666; 02-02-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 12:07 PM

Re: Just some thoughts...

Congrats on getting through all of that. Keep up the good work.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 01:23 PM
DJR

Rock on, brother. An inspiring read!
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 01:29 PM

Thats great so what do you weigh now?
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Red face Re: Just some thoughts...

I'm 220 and still looking to trim it down a touch. I'd realistically like to get down to about 200. I was a size 54 pant size and am now a 38. I was 185 and a size 34 when I met my wife back in 1991...So I put on a lot of miles since then

This is me now
http://www.dartonmusic.com/gallery/ddd024.jpg

http://www.dartonmusic.com/gallery/ddd019.jpg
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 01:43 PM

Congratulation on all that man. Its hard to make a total lifestyle change like that. Good work. Stay focused...

AND, i think you should get rid of that yellow one...so, let me know and i will send you a shipping label. ha ha.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 02:01 PM

Congrats

No doubt it is hard work. After a pretty bad car accident several years ago, I ballooned as I sat around and ate junk food and popped pain killers.

I still have a little ways to go, but have gone from the 230's to the 170's and from a 38 waist to a 32. Exercise and portion control and nutrition did it for me.

Really glad to hear of your success, I hope it continues.

Regards,

Mike
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Banned

thats a awsome story,well done mate keep it up,before i clicked on the links i was expecting a real overweight guy,but your not even that big.ive recently given up smoking and must say i feel million times better.i think everyone gets to a stage in there life and steps back and thinks hey time to sort my lifestyle.smoking made me feel really bad,couldnt breath,dizzy bouts,heart kept beating funny,these were signs that something bad was in the post.alls well now though
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 06:34 PM

Thats awesome! stay strong and we will cheer for ya!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 08:05 PM

That's awesome, well done! My weight's gone up and down a bit over the years from dangerously thin to "whoa jeez" but at the moment I'm doing ok, partially thanks to the Nintendo Wii, partially from cutting out soft drink, partially from the walk to the train station every morning, and partially from chasing my 2 year old around. I have 6kg to go before I enter the top of my ideal weight range (ie: out of 'overweight' on Wii Fit, hehehe), and when I get there I'm buying myself a Whammy Pedal.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 10:03 PM

Dead we gotta have a before. Blow us away!!
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Red face Re: Just some thoughts...

Me and my youngest at not quite my biggest. Quitting drugs definitely helped me to add the pounds, but my unhealthy eating habits were also a main contributor. I never knew you could lose weight just by being clean and healthy...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 510081784210_0_BG.jpg (67.1 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by DEADTUNES666; 02-02-2009 at 11:44 PM.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 02:08 PM

Awesome thats great!!!
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 09:30 AM

man that's awesome! great work and congrats! you look like a total rocker in the recent shots....but a black guitar (preferably with skulls) would really put it over the top. as you record some tracks, let us know, i'd love to hear a sample.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 08:52 PM
DJR

what a transformation! way to go

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode