Kids' toy beads made of date rape drug - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

Kids' toy beads made of date rape drug

It seems that the 12th best selling toy at Wal*Mart this year turns into a date rape drug if ingested. I guess we're lucky little kids don't put small things like beads into their mouths.....

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art.../71108020/1003
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 11:29 AM

Re: Kids' toy beads made of date rape drug

Unbelievable..... Those Chinese will put anything in a toy! What's next? Jim how do you find this stuff!?
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 11:34 AM

We had this toy in our hands a few weeks ago at the store. Glad we didn't buy it.
They just need to stop importing stuff from China period.
post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 11:34 AM

Reviews: 18

It's been all over the news jp55, get up early and watch the today show before you go to work

Jimmy
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemplayer55 View Post
Unbelievable..... Those Chinese will put anything in a toy! What's next? Jim how do you find this stuff!?
This is on the front page of today's USA Today. A couple of kids in Australia evidently went into comas from eating some of these beads.
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4674 View Post
It's been all over the news jp55, get up early and watch the today show before you go to work

Jimmy
Jimmy, I do get up early...... but turning on the "boob tube" isn't at the top of my priority list! Can you forgive me.....
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 11:59 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

very scary, they have effective tv commercials since my little ones want those.

hopefully this $$$$ loss with pulled products & recalls (before xmas LOL) can cause a trickle down effect to reconsider our corporate policies of having unlimited slave laborors with little regard to customer safety and product control make the majority of our products... glen
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 12:07 PM

Reviews: 16

I saw this lastnight on the net. I always check CNN.com and my local stations online many times a day to keep abreast of what's going on. I don't have time to watch the TV news or read a newspaper. If it's not on local10.com, wptv.com, wpbf.com, or cnn.com then I don't know about it.

What's amazing is that we keep getting stuff from China. What's stopping a terrorist cell to get into the production of something that we use alot of and putting something deadly in it. You've got bottled water, perfume, candy, chocolate, soda, and many many more things that could hold chemicals in it to do alot of damage to millions of people at once.
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 03:07 PM

I find it very disturbing that We as a Nation are continuing to trade with China. They are openly spending billions on developing & building Russian technology that has only ONE purpose... To combat & defeat American stealth technology...Yes billions on what can only be used against America. They are also buyng almost every air & water combat vehicle that is available to them internationally not to mention the rate at ehich they are building their own.

It is equally troubling to me that China owns more than half of all U.S. debt.

How could be allowed to happen? This doesnt seem to be setting off any alarms in the heads of the people who could influence change in the situation either.... well maybe in their words but not their actions.
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 03:16 PM

Smile Re: Kids' toy beads made of date rape drug

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemplayer55 View Post
Jimmy, I do get up early...... but turning on the "boob tube" isn't at the top of my priority list! Can you forgive me.....
You're forgiven my friend. But don't let it happen again

Jimmy
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 03:17 PM

It's also interesting to point out that the Australian government has banned the product altogether.

Jimmy
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4674 View Post
You're forgiven my friend. But don't let it happen again

Jimmy
Does this mean I have to watch the Today Show tomorrow? Will there be a test?
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 05:32 PM

there's some great moments in this thread... here's a few of those classics..

Quote:
Those Chinese will put anything in a toy!
only Chinese made toys and food ever get recalled? just ignore those other countries including our own that have come with special surprise razorblades and dangerous chemicals many times before..

Quote:
What's amazing is that we keep getting stuff from China. What's stopping a terrorist cell to get into the production of something that we use alot of and putting something deadly in it.
the same thing that's stopping a terrorist cell from doing that in America, or Australia.. ie. practically nothing but the governments keeping an eye on terrorist cells/activity..

Quote:
I find it very disturbing that We as a Nation are continuing to trade with China. They are openly spending billions on developing & building Russian technology that has only ONE purpose... To combat & defeat American stealth technology..
how dare they not want America keeping an eye on them/infiltrating with stealth technology... America would totally let china spy/infiltrate in return... (how many things do you think America has designed to combat and defeat chinese technology?)

Quote:
They are also buyng almost every air & water combat vehicle that is available to them internationally not to mention the rate at ehich they are building their own.
doesn't America equally buy, build and advance their forces up constantly?

every big nation has it's (serious) problems and qualities and all the leaders in the world think they're doing the right thing.
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki swordsman View Post

how dare they not want America keeping an eye on them/infiltrating with stealth technology... America would totally let china spy/infiltrate in return... (how many things do you think America has designed to combat and defeat chinese technology?)

doesn't America equally buy, build and advance their forces up constantly?

every big nation has it's (serious) problems and qualities and all the leaders in the world think they're doing the right thing.
IMO:
There is a distinction between combat equipment & counter surveillance. Sometimes that is a fine line but it does exist.

It only takes a bit of historical study of the region for this to cause concern.

We do not need stealth technology to keep an eye on them.

EDIT:
I'm not taking the I'm right youre wrong stance on this.... Its just my personal belief that it's one of the many things in the region to be concerned about & it's probably best not to be contributing so heavily to their available funds.

Last edited by 540s; 11-08-2007 at 06:00 PM.
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 06:07 PM

agreed, there's a distinction but aren't both countries developing both?

my main thought was just.. they'd probably say the same thing.
they can just as easily look to your region (and history) and find concern too...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode