LA Story Walkabout - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

LA Story Walkabout

Okay,
The last 2 weeks have been the worst 2 weeks of my life (to date). I've been living with the love of my life for over 2 1/2 years, and she decided to 'end it' suddenly (not a lot of real substantial reason, either), and I'm absolutely devastated. So, today I decided to go on walkabout in LA, and I'll be flying in tomorrow evening. . . My brother works at Fulltone (he's an AMAZING guitar player) myspace.com/andyszucs - So, I've never been to LA, I'm bringing one of my James Tyler guitars out to get a neck swapped (from the man himself) on Monday, but the weekend I'm pretty much trying to figure out what I should do. . . to REALLY recharge my batteries a bit and gain some self respect back. . . It's really hard, and I just need to leave here for a while. So, where do I NEED to go in LA (not to sound TOO touristy). . . ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 03:42 PM

Re: LA Story Walkabout

Jesus, I swear everyone is having a lousy week. Sorry to hear about that dude.
At least you're not married. That involves paperwork. Expensive paperwork.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick-boy View Post
Jesus, I swear everyone is having a lousy week. Sorry to hear about that dude.
At least you're not married. That involves paperwork. Expensive paperwork.
same thing with pre-wedding departures. was 6000.00+ for me. Sorry to hear about that RiverKing. It appears alot of people here all share the same bumpy road.
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 05:52 PM

Reviews: 120

Jeez I've been having a **** of a week too, although not as bad as you guys. Sorry to hear man, I hope things turn around for you.
LonePhantom is online  
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 06:03 PM

Perhaps God thought there were too many happy guitars players right now, and since he's a real busy guy, he thought he would just sh*t on all of us at once. That way there would be some more sad songs out there. God's a sucker for sad songs, you know.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverKing View Post
Okay,
The last 2 weeks have been the worst 2 weeks of my life (to date). I've been living with the love of my life for over 2 1/2 years, and she decided to 'end it' suddenly
Dayum....another one?? Seems like 3/4 of my friends around here in my town and quite a few fellow jemsiters (also friends) are going through this.

WTF???? Sorry to hear man, and I know it's hard, but you're better off without her. You'll be able to look back and see that

And don't even ask her for a reason. She doesn't know the reason Let her go and go play Yer guitar
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 06:53 PM

it's spring/summer and the girls want to get out and run a bit.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 07:54 PM

Reviews: 18

first things first........

1) Make sure you get laid while you're in Cali (it'll make you smile)

2) Go check out the guitar center on sunset (that's just a must)

3) for fun stuff, you can go to the whisky, the rainbow or the house of blues to check out some bands, you never know who's going to be playing. The last time I was there, Steve Nicks was going to do a show at the house of blues on a wednesday night.

Jimmy
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 01:54 AM

Unpleasant news from all over the place. I spoke to a friend on Monday, and he told me his brother-in-law was on the plane that crashed in Cameroon.

There appears to be a cosmic conspiracy to get a blues revival going.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 03:42 AM

Very sorry to hear that, but on a plus note you are going to meet James Tyler - a good excuse for some retail therapy GAS if there ever was one
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, guys. It's really tough. . . We'd been together for 2 1/2 years and have four dogs between us. . . not to mention I live in a side house on her parents' property. It's killer. And no, I don't know where she went. One minute things were fine, the next she just turns into a different person. We never fought, loved each other, and everyone around is in shock from it. Just not fun, and I need to get away for a few days. . . I'm sorry quite a few of you are going through tough times, I hope things get better for you all.
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 11:50 AM

My heart goes out to you RiverKing and to all the others out there who are going through this same pain. To quote Nazareth "Love Hurts". I hope that you can get your second wind in Cali. Best of luck to you.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 12:05 PM

That Sucks. Try to enjoy yourself in Cali though!
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 12:11 PM

Tough going, man. I wish I could say just try and get a bit of leg over but when you're heart-broken you really ain't that interested. Anyway, bottom line....do as much fun stuff as you can, bro, and ride out the storm (in as fun a way as possible )
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Without really going further under, it's been a horrible week and I don't think I've ever been in this much emotional pain. . . We were going to get engaged, and she'd been married before so I guess she started getting scared and that led to nit picking, and she just repressed it until she couldn't take it anymore. . . But now she's an entirely different person, and I just miss the girl I fell in love with. Nuff said, heading to the airport. . . Thanks for your thoughts, guys - I mean, it REALLY means a lot right now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

where to buy mark tremonti the sound and the story

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode