Lame.... - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Lame....

Alright so i went on a trip to NY and i met this girl that goes to my school, long story short, i fell for her I ask her tonight and right as I call she is hanging up with this other guy who beat me to it.... Now i don't even like care about guitars or anything, i just want her. Its lame!! I usually can be like alright it's cool we are still friends but this time it is different. You guys ever have something like this happen to you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 12:24 AM

Re: Lame....

Awww thats so sweet. You're in love. Dont give up bro. If you feel so strongly for her, then I say go for it. May the best man wins
post #3 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TongueShredder View Post
Awww thats so sweet. You're in love. Dont give up bro. If you feel so strongly for her, then I say go for it. May the best man wins
thanks bro, I could wait a lifetime for her so i guess however long this relationship she has right now will last wont be that long
post #4 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 12:39 AM

Well, first things first - start writing songs...

It sucks to be totally fixated on something like that, especially when it's just been pulled out of your grasp.
post #5 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 12:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
Well, first things first - start writing songs...

It sucks to be totally fixated on something like that, especially when it's just been pulled out of your grasp.
yeah I am writing some stuff hahaha, good stuff too. and it sucks the most just because i was like one second to late... but as i said before, i can wait since I love her so much

edit: I also forgot to say, other than pushing me to write more stuff she gave me the push to stop being lazy and work out again because I've become very lazy and she was the push i needed to get me off my lazy ass so good things came from it too
post #6 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieguitarmaker View Post
You guys ever have something like this happen to you?

Yep....more often than I'd like to say

I hate to say it Newb, but expect MANY heartbreaks in life as far as women are concerned

Just part of life and growing up........and we ALL go throught it.

Dude.....girls are fly by night (especially at your age) You shouldn't let it affect your music. IN fact when I'm dealing with a difficult ~heart~ situation my guitar always seemed to help pull me through and make me feel better

And don't worry, in two weeks you are going to fall in love again with the new neighbor girl

so - suck it up and pick up your axe, newb!

Plus, if you got off the phone with her right after the other guy, she still had a choice At least she didn't say YES to you and then the other guy called and she changed her mind ;-) That would have sucked a LOT worse!!

They ALWAYS have a choice

Last edited by JJEMMER777; 04-05-2007 at 12:59 AM.
post #7 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 12:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777 View Post
Lol......

I hate to say it Newb, but expect MANY heartbreaks in life as far as women are concerned

Just part of life and growing up........and we ALL go throught it.

Dude.....girls are fly by night (especially at your age) You shouldn't let it affect your music. IN fact when I'm dealing with a difficult ~heart~ situation my guitar always seemed to help pull me through and make me feel better

And don't worry, in two weeks you are going to fall in love again with the new neighbor girl

so - suck it up and pick up your axe, newb
hah my axe is calling my name
post #8 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 01:01 AM

good man
post #9 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 01:14 AM

Quote:
You guys ever have something like this happen to you?
Nope, I never did feel so, I always follow a malay proverb here "Bunga bukan sekuntum" Which means There are not only one flowers around
post #10 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2tom View Post
Nope, I never did feel so, I always follow a malay proverb here "Bunga bukan sekuntum" Which means There are not only one flowers around
very true, and also who knows I might still have some random chance of getting her, and if not as you said bunga bukan sekuntum
post #11 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2tom View Post
... Lol

Last edited by TongueShredder; 04-05-2007 at 01:42 AM.
post #12 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 05:17 PM

Ahh, young love.

I'd say keep at it. You NEVER know what's going on in the mind of a female, and any bloke that says he does, is deluding himself.

In the mean time, keep your eyes open... I myself made the mistake of chasing one girl a little too tenaciously, and didn't realise what I was missing with another, which I regretted alot later.
post #13 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Alright so i went on a trip to NY and i met this girl that goes to my school, long story short, i fell for her I ask her tonight and right as I call she is hanging up with this other guy who beat me to it.... Now i don't even like care about guitars or anything, i just want her. Its lame!! I usually can be like alright it's cool we are still friends but this time it is different. You guys ever have something like this happen to you?
It's a part of life. But at least you can say you tried. Even if she is taken(or even married), it's only a temporary state that is likely to change. A co-worker of mine at the Airport said it best when he said "just because there's a goalie doesn't mean you can't score"

I believe this is a perfect excuse, like all the other perfect excuses to go buy yourself a new guitar.
post #14 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 05:35 PM

Lol, that's actually very funny because I'm in the same darned situation right now. There's this girl that I fell for nearly 2 months ago (At least that's when I became aware of it in a way that I couldn't push it out of my mind) and she's going out with another damn guy. There was a time she intruded in everything through my thoughts and that got quite a bit disturbing on my piano practices(she plays the piano as well). Anyway even funnier is that I was thinking of writing it here to get some good advice from those who ar more experienced.

To give an update, my heart still kinda flutters when I'm around her and fills with hate(just kidding) for the other guy when he's around, but apart from that I'm quite good at keeping her out of my mind so that she doesn't disturbs my concentration anymore. And of course if another chick comes along... If not, they are going to seperate some time

Just do not get obsessed with that girl. I know you love her, I love mine as well. We have lots of time ahead of us (hopefully) if this chick doesn't happen, another certainly will. But always be careful, you newer know when their relationship begins to go down. Then, stock to fire!!!

Last edited by Wis Redz of Silvanost; 04-05-2007 at 05:41 PM.
post #15 of 132 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddroyce View Post
"just because there's a goalie doesn't mean you can't score"
LMAO AWESOME! Your co-worker, sir, is a GENIUS! GENIUS I say!

Tags
blues jam , john petrucci , motley crue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode