lets lose some weight (diet) - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Banned

lets lose some weight (diet)

ok men.who's up for starting a diet.im 15 stone at the moment and sick of being over weight.ive just finished a relationship which lasted 10 years so need get get trim if i want to meet someone else.when we first met i was 12 stone washboard stomach and always on the sunbed,very much a ladys man.now i need to get back to the way i used to be.this is what im doing for excersise,i play golf 2-3 times a week which is a 3 half hour walk per round,also just bought a excersise bike which comes tommorow,going to hammer that.as for diet im not to sure what to buy ???? at the moment i eat 2 slices of toast for breakfast then shredded wheat for lunch then a sandwich for tea (supper).any ideas would be great.rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 11:15 AM

Re: lets lose some weight (diet)

Sounds like you're on the right track. Eat your veggies.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 12:35 PM

Reviews: 25

Work the major muscles groups in order to loose weight fast. The more muscle you build, the faster you loose the weight during an aerobic workout. You even loose weight faster when your sleeping if you build your muscles. Pushups squats etc....

Good luck...
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 01:29 PM

^That's what I'm working on at the moment. Being unemployed for three months and sitting around the house with not much to do has seen what little muscle I had turn to mulch, plus I have a beer belly that could do with being shaped into something more appealing than 'round'. At the moment, I'm back on the dumbbells set I have, so I do reps every night, then some push ups and sit ups. Anything else I can do? Diet wise, my food intake's not that bad, the occasional pizza comes and goes, but I'm mostly a healthy eater and if I feel like a snack, I drink a glass or two of water. (Helps loads if you're feeling peckish between meals to drink some water)

ibanez777vbk, have you thought of changing what you eat for breakfast? Bread can be surprisingly fattening. Also alcohol is one to keep away from, or at least cut down on. I like my drink, but I'm having to cut down if I want to make a difference, also because my wallet will no longer allow it. :P

Good luck to fellow Jemsiters trying to shed some weight/build up muscle , keep at it!
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 01:59 PM

i just did pure cardio, 4km runs for almost a year

lost 23kg

people don't even recognise me now, which is kinda bittersweet
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathedral View Post
^That's what I'm working on at the moment. Being unemployed for three months and sitting around the house with not much to do has seen what little muscle I had turn to mulch, plus I have a beer belly that could do with being shaped into something more appealing than 'round'. At the moment, I'm back on the dumbbells set I have, so I do reps every night, then some push ups and sit ups. Anything else I can do? Diet wise, my food intake's not that bad, the occasional pizza comes and goes, but I'm mostly a healthy eater and if I feel like a snack, I drink a glass or two of water. (Helps loads if you're feeling peckish between meals to drink some water)

ibanez777vbk, have you thought of changing what you eat for breakfast? Bread can be surprisingly fattening. Also alcohol is one to keep away from, or at least cut down on. I like my drink, but I'm having to cut down if I want to make a difference, also because my wallet will no longer allow it. :P

Good luck to fellow Jemsiters trying to shed some weight/build up muscle , keep at it!
yeah i know mate,bread is fattening,but its brown bread which isnt so bad.as far as drink goes i dont drink.i used to walk my dog twice a day for hour and half at a time,but he got out today and hes lost.my son is very upset
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 03:37 PM

eat less amounts more often, try to eat something every 2-3 hours and dont eat 2-3 hrs prior to going to bed. This will keep your metabolize going.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 03:51 PM

Try eating more protein. It will make you full faster. I know when I am snacking all the time that I did not get enough protein for the day.

Ibanezfreak is right about adding muscle. Not only will it make you look more fit, but will help with fat burning.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 04:35 PM

Protein for breakfast, and more fruits and vegetables for lunch and especially for dinner. Keep dinner light. Protein for breakfast will improve your energy and attention span during the day.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 04:38 PM

Walking 18 2 times a week will slim you down alot. I lost 15lbs in 2 months doing that, unintentionally!
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 05:22 PM

eat like a king for breakfast, a queen for lunch, and a poor man for supper.. eat every 2 hours in small amounts.. do some research and learn what your body needs, and eat according to what you will be doing that day.. get lots of exercise.. most of your weight loss will be from your diet..
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezFreak777 View Post
Work the major muscles groups in order to loose weight fast. The more muscle you build, the faster you loose the weight during an aerobic workout. You even loose weight faster when your sleeping if you build your muscles. Pushups squats etc....

Good luck...
You lose the weight at rest technically so thats why sleeping you lose fat but yeah building muscles and doing aerobic exercise will help lose fat. (sorry the biologist/scientist coming out in me)
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by callen3615 View Post
Walking 18 2 times a week will slim you down alot. I lost 15lbs in 2 months doing that, unintentionally!
Yeah walking, jogging, running and other aerobic exercises will help lose weight very easily; however after so long you will need muscle work outs because there is a great drop in the beginning, a lift in weight and a plateau. Usually that is haha

Btw I don't practice what I preach so I guess I should start since I'm also a little overweight... but I was taught health and things from my college biology teacher that also runs a personal training and dietitian service. But I give free info and he charges a lot.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 06:43 PM

Reviews: 7

Martial arts are very healthy. I've never been obese or even fat ( I've been doing muay thai since I was 7). However, there are some new people who come to the muay thai dojo who are obese, and after a few weeks of training for 1.5 hours three times a week, they've lost a lot of weight. They've also learned self-defense.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbaline View Post
Martial arts are very healthy. I've never been obese or even fat ( I've been doing muay thai since I was 7). However, there are some new people who come to the muay thai dojo who are obese, and after a few weeks of training for 1.5 hours three times a week, they've lost a lot of weight. They've also learned self-defense.
my mate is a martial arts expert.ive asked him stacks of times to teach me,but he wont touch me nor will any other martial arts instructor,this is because i had a brain heamoridge (doggey spelling) 8 years ago.think a hour or 2 on a excersise bike any good diet should be ok, some cracking ideas you's lads are coming up with.im taking bits and peices for each reply nice 1 lads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode