LGM Guitars is back! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

LGM Guitars is back!

It is official from the man himself. Patrick Sims of Sims Custom Shop is now the new owner/builder of LGM guitars. Now all you guys that have been waiting on LGM to come back can breath a sigh of relief
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 12:49 AM

Reviews: 120
Re: LGM Guitars is back!

I dunno about a sigh of relief. Sims has a terrible reputation here, and on many other forums, e(vil)Bay, etc.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 12:59 AM

LGM is only LGM if Jeremy is the one making and painting them...My opinion though...
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 02:41 AM

I personally had negative experiences with Sims, as well as many on Sevenstring.org
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 06:48 AM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredderJoshW View Post
It is official from the man himself. Patrick Sims of Sims Custom Shop is now the new owner/builder of LGM guitars. Now all you guys that have been waiting on LGM to come back can breath a sigh of relief
LOL! That's the funniest statement I've read in a long, long time. He's been banned from at least 3 forums due to his "superior" custom service skills.

Last edited by toneboy; 07-15-2010 at 10:59 AM.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 10:14 AM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: LGM Guitars is back!

I've had no dealings with him, but from what I've seen and read, I am underwhelmed by this news.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 10:46 AM

I contacted him a few months back, and when he found out I was from Jemsite, he said he wasn't taking any new work.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 11:00 AM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
I contacted him a few months back, and when he found out I was from Jemsite, he said he wasn't taking any new work.
...then he did you a service.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 02:57 PM

I got the exact same customer service from Sims as I got from ET guitars - they answered the first email, then completely ignored the second and third.

Sigh.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 03:07 PM

Did you try Ernie again? I had no problems with him responding to my emails, and the work was done pretty close to his estimated complete date.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 04:59 PM

I had to check the calendar real quick to make sure it wasn't April 1st when I read this.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 08:11 PM

crazy crazy thraed
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 11:09 AM

dcord (Dennis),

You started this thread below, yes?

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f36/fa...ms-100013.html

You question my validity to exist, and then ask for a quote??? WTF?

I have not had time to read the whole thread, so forgive me if I'm out of line. But from what I read of your posts... well, thats why I did not reply any further to your emails...
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 11:57 AM

I'm sure his money is as good as anyone elses.

Will the whole Leviathan line be revived? 6-7-8 strings?
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET Guitars View Post
dcord (Dennis),

You started this thread below, yes?

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f36/fa...ms-100013.html

You question my validity to exist, and then ask for a quote??? WTF?

I have not had time to read the whole thread, so forgive me if I'm out of line. But from what I read of your posts... well, thats why I did not reply any further to your emails...
That thread's not as much a question of your validity to exist as it is as questioning of where we draw the line as "fakes" versus "customs". I had just gotten into a huge argument with another forum member over a highly modified RG someone was selling as a JEM. Here are a few quotes my posts in that thread:

Quote:
Personally, I draw the line at copies intended to rip me off. A custom with an Ibanez headstock doesn't bother me as much as it probably should.
Quote:
For the record, I agree with you that we should respect and protect Ibanez's property rights. However, I think they're part of the problem by not licensing aftermarket parts. If I want a vine neck for my RG2020x, I'm screwed unless I part out a JEM. I'd rather be able to purchase a custom neck made the way I want it. Ibanez should be helping us, not hindering us.
Quote:
I'm not trying to single them out, the guys at ET do great work. And they're probably going to build the neck for my FTLOG copy since finding an original UVMC neck is cost prohibitive at best. But technically it's breaking the law, and it makes me a criminal.
Quote:
See, this is why I don't have a problem with buying a neck from an aftermarket vendor. I think we should definitely have the ability to buy replacement parts, especially since Ibanez does not even remotely offer the service. The only way I'm aware of to get a replacement neck from them is to send them your broken neck plus some insane amount of money. Not cool.
I absolutely do not have a problem with aftermarket suppliers. I have a problem with Ibanez not licensing aftermarket suppliers.

I do however have a problem with aftermarket suppliers who have poor customer service. If you chose not to respond to my emails because of that thread - which you obviously didn't read - then you're a fool as a business owner. You missed a great opportunity to prove me wrong, and you'd have another satisfied customer on this forum.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode