Liberty. Here it is brothers. - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Liberty. Here it is brothers.

No need to get all bent some of you. This is not a political, or religious debate. But if you are wondering what Liberty actually is, check this out, PLEASE. It is the core of where I am coming from in most of my post that seem to upset some here. This 5 min flash presentation I found a several years ago said exactly what I already believed. I was amazed to see it presented so simply, and shocked that I didn't learn about "Liberty" like this growing up. You really owe it to yourself to at least watch it and decide for yourself. Perhaps liberty isn't for all of you and you prefer to be lead by others. I'm absolutely and completely serious, please just watch it and see what you think.

Now, no name calling, no naming political/elected leaders or parties.
If you have a different point of view, please bay all means let's have it. Good honest fair debate is simple. Make your point clearly, non accusatory, and passionate. No reason to get angry, make enemies, or be afraid of opposing views.

-Darin

I know it has 70's flutie type of music. Turn your sound of if that bothers you. It's about 5 minutes and well worth it if you can make it through.

http://www.isil.org/resources/introduction.swf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 01:58 PM

Reviews: 21
Re: Liberty. Here it is brothers.

I think it's a great presentation but I'm trying hard to figure out who or what this supports. The link asks for money, so where does the money go?

I think at its core you have great beliefs, Darin. If I have any criticism its that you tent to ascribe all the bad qualities on "the other guy" while your guys all wear white hats. I certainly don't believe in this. I think truly critical thinking and self-ownership lies in using your own noodle rather than getting wrapped up in the dogmatic talking points of those one might listen to. The idea that your side *could* be wrong is equally important as wondering if the other guy is wrong.
I'm a Democrat, but I certainly don't drink the Cool Aid! I hope we have the common sense to turn off the stimulus once we're out of the woods economically. And I hope that we remain vigilant to the cause of fighting terrorism. Some people on the far left seem content with the idea of shutting the whole cause down and that really bugs me. The memories of some, it seems, appear short!
Those, however, are just examples. I think if there's one thing that comforts me is the concept illustrated best by Thomas Jefferson; that a little revolution now and then is healthy.
In 10 years or so, the political pendulum will swing the other way. Ultimately, I think the best thing the individual has going for them in terms of government is that no one side has it *their way* indefinitely. Could you imagine if they did?!? Yikes!
The best thing we, as individuals, can do is be involved. I think the Internet is a great tool, both to inform people and mobilize activity. The voting public was far too lazy in the past.
Good luck to us!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I have no idea who it supports. I do not support any groups. I just think the contents is perfect. Simple put, No man or group of people controls another man or group of people or their property, time, talent etc.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 02:46 PM

That video points out the reasons why I tend to lean away from "conservative" beliefs recently. The fact that wealth has become so concentrated in the hands of a few means that they, whether indirectly or directly, have more control over my life, my "property" as the video says. It goes against liberty, IMO.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode