Liddell vs Ortiz II - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Liddell vs Ortiz II

Alright, Chuck and Tito are going to fight again on Dec 30th, any predictions? Tito seems to have gotten very serious since his string of getting his @ss kicked, and has done very well lately, but hasn't fought any real competition, Forrest Griffin was pretty good, but Shamrock was a joke. Chuck I think reaaaaaaaally doesn't want to lose to Tito, and his takedown defense is the best in the game and I also think he can take a punch exceptionally well. He also hits incredibly hard. Tito seems to be getting over his little punk phase, but I'm going to have to go with Chuck again. I don't think Tito can take him down, if he does, I don't think he can keep him down. 2nd round KO victory for Liddell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 02:01 PM

Re: Liddell vs Ortiz II

It's a toss up for me. But I would rather Liddell win.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 02:32 PM

I'm going to vote for Tito on this one. Chuck is on a roll but it cannot last forever. In thier last match up Tito got thumbed in the eye. He didn't biatch about it or anything and Chuck jumped on him and took advantage, as he should. This time I think Tito could give him a fight. I would like to see Chuck in a 2 or 3 round brawl for a change. All his fights have ended too soon. To his credit of course.
post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 02:42 PM

Liddell is the man. I think Tito has been to preoccupied with things outside the sport and has 'lost the thread' so to speak.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 02:42 PM

Liddell all the way.

I dislike Ortiz slightly. He has that certain "swagger" about him. Ortiz is a great fighter though no doubt, a brutal fighter thats for sure. An absolute power house.

I think Liddell may just have too much for him though.
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 02:52 PM

Talking Re: Liddell vs Ortiz II

Tito will have Chuck tired out by round three. Then Tito takes him down and rains elbows until the fight is stopped......hopefully not to early.

There was a time where I was sick of Tito, Now I'm sick of watching Chuck. If Tito wins it won't be long before I want to see someone else champ.

GO TITO! F**K CUCK UP!
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 02:55 PM

Chuck is better at standup. Tito is better on the ground, but who can take Chuck down and keep him there? My money is on Chuck.

Tito is also too much into the publicity circus lately; what's up with his dating plastic-surgery-hagged-out Jenna Jameson?
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 03:58 PM

I can't wait. Tomorrow night is what I've been waiting for, for quite some time now. I'm glad to finally see a good fight happen. With the exception of UFC65 and 64, the last few have really sucked.

I think it's going to be a war, but I think it's going to be a little closer this time then it was the last time.

Chuck hits hard, has great stand-up, and a great sprawl, and Tito has great ground, and better endurance, so it's anybody's game in my opinion.
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I agree. It's a great matchup of the classic ground and pound vs the best takedown defense and stand up fighter in the game today. I would also sooo like to see either of them fight Wanderlei Silva. Especially Tito though, just because I would love to watch Wandy obliterate him. Chuck hasn't gone the distance in a loooong time because he just knocks dudes out cold, but I think he definitely has the gas to do it if necessary, he trains like a maniac. And Tito didn't get no thumb in the eye, he got a foot and some fists in the face before crumpling into a heap.
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilkyBear View Post
Yeah, I agree. It's a great matchup of the classic ground and pound vs the best takedown defense and stand up fighter in the game today. I would also sooo like to see either of them fight Wanderlei Silva. Especially Tito though, just because I would love to watch Wandy obliterate him. Chuck hasn't gone the distance in a loooong time because he just knocks dudes out cold, but I think he definitely has the gas to do it if necessary, he trains like a maniac. And Tito didn't get no thumb in the eye, he got a foot and some fists in the face before crumpling into a heap.
I would love to see Tito vs. Wandy, but I would really love to see Liddel vs. Cro Cop. They both have good legs, and I think that would be a stand up battle ending in a pretty severe leg KO.

A lot of MMA started out with hands and ground, but to stay in the game these days, guys are going to have to start implementing kicks. A lot of people think it's a waste of time, but good legs are going to make the difference in the future.
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 04:59 PM

Quote:
GilkyBear said, "And Tito didn't get no thumb in the eye,"
Oh yeah he definately did. I'll see if I can find the clip.
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 05:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehb5vH4v5so

at exactly 29 seconds in. Not question about it. And I'm not a Liddel hater. He has dynamite in his hands. It's just the way it went down. Thats why I think this fight might go a different direction.
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotti View Post
Oh yeah he definately did. I'll see if I can find the clip.
I know, I was just busting chops.

But yeah, Chuck and Mirko would be an insane fight, good call!!
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 06:59 PM

I was never a big fan of Tito's until I saw him on Ultimate Fighter, when he was a coach.
It was cool to see him work with the young fighters and teach them techniques and training methods, while Ken Shamrock just acted like he was on vacation. What a dick.

I am looking forward to the fight. I would still love to see Uriah Faber join UFC. I think he could give Kenny Florian a great match.
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michblanch View Post
I was never a big fan of Tito's until I saw him on Ultimate Fighter, when he was a coach.
It was cool to see him work with the young fighters and teach them techniques and training methods, while Ken Shamrock just acted like he was on vacation. What a dick.
Yeah, I wasn't a big Tito fan either because he kind of comes off as a [email protected] in the ring, but Tito was a far far far better coach, he got in and mixed it up with the guys and taught them and was genuinely interested in teaching them. He was actually a pretty good guy. Ken wanted to just strut around and be "respected" yet mostly argued with the guys. What an ego. What a bozo. I was glad to see Tito beat him like a red-headed stepchild in their matches.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode