Life & Travel Opinions!!! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Talking Life & Travel Opinions!!!

Just curious & looking for the advise & opinions of what other Jemsters would do.

Hate my job, I'm 34/yo, own my own house, I have a girlfriend, & I'm not done my Bachelors yet!!! I'm thinking about selling my house & everthing I own except my 3 Jems & 2 Wolfgangs & traveling the world. It's a HUGE decision to make, but I don't know if I'll see the world any other way. I've seen most of the US, & I can always see the US. But I'm thinking of Europe, Australia, all of the Caribbean, the far East, & other places. However, upon my return the only possessions I would have would be my pictures of my travels, my 5 guitars, Marshall amp, & I'd be living with my parents starting over (my girlfriend would travel with me). What would you guys do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 10:31 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Re: Life & Travel Opinions!!!

keep your house.

property values in yardley are climbing... glen
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 10:48 PM

I certainly won't sell my house away... guitars maybe but not the house... Going travelling is fun and at your age is the prime time to do it... but ..... I don't know it's a very very hard decision to make....
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 10:48 PM

Reviews: 3

You can always wait until your house is worth enough to where you can sell it and put good money down on a less expensive house that would net you a lot more money each month. Use the money saved to go see the world a bit at a time (rather than going broke to do it all at once).
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 11:04 PM

I agree that selling your house would be a huge mistake.

Why not rent the house out whilst you travel?

A friend of mine rented his house out whilst he travelled for 2 years. The rent covered the mortage AND left him with extra every month as spending money whilst on his travels. He also saved like crazy for about 18 months and left the UK with close to 10,000 pounds.

if you can wait a year or so, i am sure you can save enough to travel without having to resort to extreme measures and having nothing to come back to.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

I agree with all and thanks for your opinions, but if i sold it, it would also aleviate some of my debt!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 11:31 PM

finish degree, rent house, leave gear somewhere safe and go out and see the world - there's a whole lot happening out there that you owe yourself to see - your girlfriend will love it and you'll both have the adventure of a lifetime, complete with memories you will have forever!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 11:43 PM

Follow your heart man. You can hold onto your house forever... but once you're 46+... think of what sort of hoilday you will take then and there after.

Bus with a whole lot of grey hair...

Man, do what you feel is right. This is either a whim or something that you are very serious about. Travelling will change your life, maybe for the better

Lance

Tags
marshall amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode