A Little Advice Please!!! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 02:30 AM Thread Starter

A Little Advice Please!!!

Ok so theres this Girl I like her names andie and I wanna tell her how I feel but I'm a bit to shy, also other things apply.

I met andie one day like 3-4 week's ago and I had always kinda noticed her around, said she was cute etc. Well I finally got the balls to talk to her, and when I did she was nothing but nice to me! That automaticly made thing's like 100X better. Well I only had a 45 minute chat with her when I met her, and the next day at school, She Aproached Me and we hung out (just me and her) and it's been like that since that day just me and her hanging out, no interuptions, getting to know her and stuff (kinda got the feeling she likes me)

So I started To like her more and more, and I get the feeling she likes me, and I told a friend of mine who's a friend of her's that I like andie and she kinda spoke to her about me and asked if andie likes me, and when she asked, andie smiled (don't know if she likes me at this point)

well recently (two days ago) I went by the school (dont ask) to go see her, I kinda found out she had a boyfriend, but!!!!! I also found out later on while me and her hung out by ourselv's that she want's nothing to do with him, which explains why she jumps on me and show's me attention around him, to kinda tip him off to "go away" well she said she is gonna break it off with him, so we got in this long conversation about relationship's and she mentioned "im not like other guys" and smiled,and she said she doesnt like to hang with very many guy's except me, and she also said she trust me! and she mentioned she was shy about her feeling sometimes and I said as am I, and I WAS THIS CLOSE TO TELLING HER HOW I FEEL, but I couldnt everytime I'd want to, I would pause. Then her dad came to pick her up. (after all this im pretty sure she likes me)

So now Im all regreting what I should've said and am having a hardtime getting the word's out in fear she still might not like me.

any advice on how I should approach this? should I come out and say it? or what ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 02:54 AM

Re: A Little Advice Please!!!

The worst thing to do is rush it, it doesnt matter how long it takes, its actuaaly better because you'll end up being good freinds aswell a couple and you'll know her better. Id wait for something to happen rather than bursting out your feelings.

Good luck
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 06:04 AM

Go for it man, what do you got to lose? Just pay attention to the part a little ways down the road when she starts "jumping on and paying attention to" another guy to "tip YOU off to go away."
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 10:01 PM
HSH

I was painfully shy around girls when I was your age, so I say just be honest, talk to her about it, and if it works, great, if it doesn't, well, more fish in the sea. I'm teaching my sons to learn from my mistakes, and not be scared of girls. They all wipe their butts just like everybody else. Well, there's this one fella........never mind. Girls appreciate honesty. At least the ones worth having do.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 10:05 PM

Go for it, don't keep a girl waiting
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 09:20 AM

Reviews: 1
Talking Re: A Little Advice Please!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crevis View Post
The worst thing to do is rush it, it doesnt matter how long it takes, its actuaaly better because you'll end up being good freinds aswell a couple and you'll know her better. Id wait for something to happen rather than bursting out your feelings.

Good luck
Not always true, you could slip into the "friend only" category, that is bad, few can make a romantic leap once they've been shelved as a 'friend'.

You, my friend need to offer this situation to her, and probably worded as closely to this as you can.:

"Look, I can't think of any fancy way to say it, but you should really think about breaking it off with ___________ so that you and I can pay more attention to each other without complications. You and I get along really well, and to be honest, I can't explain how I feel when I'm around you, I just know that I want to be near you all the time. I find myself in class daydreaming about your _____________ and your smile and just the way you make me feel when you're around. I guess what I'm asking is, do you feel the same about me?"

Don't beat around the bush too much, get to the point and let her know in no uncertain terms you want more time with her. Women like guys that aren't afraid to say what they think.

I don't know how many times I've sat and played the wondering game, and only come to find out I blew it by not jumping soon enough, giving some other jerk a chance to move in.

Strike while the iron is hot.
You may not get this chance again.

What would you think if you found out she was waiting for you to say something and you never did, so she figured you weren't interested in that way, so she ends up staying with the dork she's with, or finding some other dork?

Good luck and don't be shy, she's probably going through the same thing you are and is just playing the same game. You'll be happier in the long run. IF she's not interested, you'll find out soon enough, but it will end the waiting game and the dancing around the issue.

go git 'er!

Bamm
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 10:02 AM

if you really like this girl, you'll avoid starting a relationship with her, as all relationships inevitably end in misery. following which you'll seek out someone new with which to exact your revenge. and so on and so forth.

my advice would be to seek out a 50 year old bar-fly now, as this is what we all end up with anyway.

all the best!
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo7v View Post
you'll avoid starting a relationship with her, as all relationships inevitably end in misery.
Wow....such a bright outlook damo (but unfortunetly, sooo true most of the time)

Just be buds. If it's going to happen, it'll happen naturally!

You sure this isn't just a re-bounder eddie?? You know......the "just so you can be with someone deal"?? Your still pretty freshly coming off of a long relationship.......
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 10:49 AM

I gotta go with JJEMMER here..... just let it happen. Look dude, you just had your heart beat on not too long ago. Are you sure you're ready to risk that again with a chick who's about to end a relationship? What happens if you put your heart out there and she decides to return to the old boyfriend?

Look man..... just relax, let time and things just happen. Let her know you're attracted to her but for Gods sake take that damn heart of yours off your shoulder and let it heal first. There is nothing wrong with companionship but treat it like that. Not some romance novel. You're not living in "A Love Story" or "Gone With The Wind"! Chill and remember being "cool" means being in control of yourself and your emotions.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 10:51 AM

Jeez..... teenage hormones!
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 10:55 AM

Sounds like she's a gamer - using you to make her boyfriend jealous - give her a taste of her own medicine and start ignoring her.
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemplayer55 View Post
Jeez..... teenage hormones!

god.........no doubt
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 11:13 AM

Get her round to your place, have a candle on the table, dinner in the oven, lube yourself up with some baby lotion (awww yeaaaah baby) and watch the fireworks fly.

OR

You could just say "Look, I like you, but if you don't like me in that way and it'd spoil anything we have, forget anything I just said" and then get out the baby lotion... awwww yeaaah.
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 11:23 AM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitvai1 View Post
Sounds like she's a gamer - using you to make her boyfriend jealous - give her a taste of her own medicine and start ignoring her.
That's what I'm reading into this. Watch out. You COULD just be a tool she uses against her boyfriend....
Then again, it could be real......careful how you play it.

-jemaholic
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez249 View Post
Get her round to your place, have a candle on the table, dinner in the oven, lube yourself up with some baby lotion (awww yeaaaah baby) and watch the fireworks fly.

OR

You could just say "Look, I like you, but if you don't like me in that way and it'd spoil anything we have, forget anything I just said" and then get out the baby lotion... awwww yeaaah.
Davey!! So much for all of our loving parental advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode