Long Hair! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Gex

Long Hair!

Well, I've decided I like my hair long. As Long as possible, of course.

Last time I had it cut was January, I think.

*measures*

Ok, its pretty much 9 inches long all around, but a bit curly, so it draws up a good couple inches.

But. . I do have trouble keeping it out of my face.

I need some long hair veterans help, what do you do to keep it out of your face? (no gadgets, clips, or headbands)

Do you cut it shorter than all the rest, or does that kinda look like a mullet? Or do you let it grow long enough and eventually it will stay put at the side of your head?

Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 06:39 PM

Re: Long Hair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gex
Well, I've decided I like my hair long. As Long as possible, of course.

Last time I had it cut was January, I think.

*measures*

Ok, its pretty much 9 inches long all around, but a bit curly, so it draws up a good couple inches.

But. . I do have trouble keeping it out of my face.

I need some long hair veterans help, what do you do to keep it out of your face? (no gadgets, clips, or headbands)

Do you cut it shorter than all the rest, or does that kinda look like a mullet? Or do you let it grow long enough and eventually it will stay put at the side of your head?

Help!
Use your ears.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 06:42 PM

do you like somthing like this:

Last edited by ivan; 02-26-2007 at 05:48 PM.
post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 06:45 PM

Let it grow and enjoy it while you have it !!
~polishes bald spot~
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 06:47 PM

At my longest my hair was down to my ass, I never really had a problem with keeping it out of my face, it just kind of hung down to the sides. It's been 2 years since I cut it and I would grow it back, but I don;t want to go through the weird phase when it's too long or short to look like anything other than a rat's nest. Plus with my new job I'm sure long hair would just piss me off.
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 07:04 PM

See Ivan's? Ears.

Mine used to get in my face, but it's gotten to the point to where it's long enough (14 or so inches without straightening) to be out of the way. Just grow it while you can. Ya never know when it'll be gone.
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid
At my longest my hair was down to my ass, I never really had a problem with keeping it out of my face, it just kind of hung down to the sides. It's been 2 years since I cut it and I would grow it back, but I don;t want to go through the weird phase when it's too long or short to look like anything other than a rat's nest. Plus with my new job I'm sure long hair would just piss me off.

Wow man. I had mine to around 7-8 inches at the time I had it cut. I'd love to grow it out again too, but it's weird phase was about three months and that sucked big time so sadly no long hair for me right now. I'll probably grow it out in college though.
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 07:44 PM

Theres always that point when your growing your hair out of which I call "the annoying period" when its long enough to poke you in the eyes and get all in your face, but still to short to really pull back and tie off or use your ears (and if you have small ears not Like Legolas up there, its even worse)
this period can last 6 months + during the beggining and is inevitable, consider it a right of passage to get thru.

and when all else fails, use a hat or beenie..
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Gex

Bah, I must be in "the annoying period" as you put it Lefty Rob.

Ivan: Mine's not straight like that, doesn't work that way lol, its more of this:

(Marc Bolan of T.Rex)
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Gex

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbrandon101
Wow man. I had mine to around 7-8 inches at the time I had it cut. I'd love to grow it out again too, but it's weird phase was about three months and that sucked big time so sadly no long hair for me right now. I'll probably grow it out in college though.

Actually, my plan was to have it down to my ass when I hit college, like elcid.

Elcid: Was it a big pain in the ass to have your down to it?
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 08:49 PM

No, just be sure you wipe back to front.
Actually it wasn't bad except it took forever to dry, but most of the time I kept it tied back for work.
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 10:50 PM

When I had long hair I always used the ears. Once I got it cut I never wanted to grow it out long again because long hair didn't look that great on me.
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Gex

I see. Thing is, my hair looks terrible short, its impossible to control when its short, I just look like have bedhead all the time. But. . .with really long curly hair, its cool looking, in my opinion (the one that matters, harharhar)
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan
do you like somthing like this:

Like what......

The "pretty boy doo", or the guitar

Me thinks I better run and hide for a spell
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 11:14 PM

I just pushed my hair back/sides and it eventually has a "memory" and just starded there if I wasn't violintly moving it.

Tags
andy timmons , gary moore , john petrucci

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode