WTF? Sure they have to provide care. But then determine things like what kind of replacement valve the patient gets. Additionally, the hospitals is going to want their money. And if they have a home I am fairly certain someone will coming after them for money. Whatever bro...this is starting to seem kinda trollish. I am outta here.
Doesn't sound like he is calling anyone a "stupid SOB"....
It's just the way you are reading it. Then you do the same thing again...
Nowhere does it say the dudes wife got fired because she was sick. It just say she lost her job shortly after returning from the hospital.
And finally this...
You just insulted over half the members on this board.... bet they don't make six figures like you. And one day you may live to regret those words. Still plenty time for that, since you are only 25. Overall, you just seem like a mean person to me. Try not to read anymore crazy sh*t into what I just said. What a jerk. I bet that dude wouldn't even take you're ugly money. Personally, I have had both good times and hard times financially.
1) The hospital can not refuse surgery that is needed if the patient has a good prognosis for survival. YES they will want their money, but they can usually set up payment plans.
2) I misread that statement, im sorry. I read it as "everyone in need is lazy, (implied you) stupid SOB".
3) Why did his wife lose her job? That raises other questions in my mind. it is 100% illegal for a person to lose their job because they got sick like that.
4) Heres my BIGGEST ISSUE. A guy at my grandparents church went around telling people his son was ill, and needed money to get him surgery or he would die. After about a year of collecting funds from the community, it turned out the whole thing was a scam. The kid was sick, and in the hospital, but far from terminal. He used it to catch up on bills, and eventually he bought himself a new corvette. He spent all the money on himself for personal items instead of giving back his "profits". Is that the case all the time? Definitely not. However, I and my parents had given them my own money and am extremely bitter about it.
5) For every sob story you see, theres about 100,000 you dont. I choose to donate money to childrens cancer research, instead of the "case by case" scenarios. A) the off chance its a scam and B) where there's a will, theres a way. I dont care how many under the table jobs I would have to do, I wouldnt be on ****ing face book sucking up to get freebies.
6) I dont care if I insulted half the board. I lived in a trailer growing up. My mom couldnt afford to clothe me and my siblings, much less feed us properly. I have eaten hot dogs and ramen for about a year straight before, because we couldnt afford anything else. My mom worked 2 jobs full time, scraped every penny to us and starved herself so she could go to nursing school to get a real job. When I was about 15 she started making decent money to actually take care of us. In my trailer park, a 9 year old girl was raped and murdered in the park for a frame of reference. I went on to do bigger and better things with myself, because I applied myself and worked hard to get where I am today. Im not using my income as a boasting statement. I was making a point that if the guy knows where to look, he can be successful himself, so he can take care of himself and his wife.
7) If they have a house, and it has equity, they need to sell it and move into a cheap apartment. I dont give a **** if they have to live "beneath themselves" for a while. Thats crap that we should pay to "maintain their lifestyle". It sounds like she already has the surgery, and we are just paying their mortgage.
crass and heartless? No. I just call things like I see them is all. Sorry. Not trolling.