McCann's consider 'Madeleine the Movie' deal - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 05:34 AM Thread Starter

McCann's consider 'Madeleine the Movie' deal

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstor...9520-20278748/

Now they want to make a movie, God these people do not know when to stop.

What about all the other parents who have lost their young ones! Why not give millions to them.

The McCanns make me sick. It's just one big f*cking freak show.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 05:44 AM

Re: McCann's consider 'Madeleine the Movie' deal

if that kid's still alive i'll be amazed
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 05:45 AM

Totally agree, I hate the pair of them and the public needs to realise it's THEIR FAULT that their child was abducted.

Why they've not yet been jailed for neglect is not only a mystery, but a huge miscarriage of justice. Some people would say "Well isn't having your child taken from you enough punishment?" and whilst I agree nothing could be worse, these people deserve to be reprimanded in some way and certainly not just a light tap on the wrists.

Now they need to quit focusing on stupid crap like movies and FIND THE GUY THAT TOOK HER.
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 06:21 AM

These are educated people?!?! I'm disgusted with their total neglect of their child and their miles and miles of TV footage making them out to be the victims.

Obviously, if you're going to suffer, you should be well paid for it. Coming attraction: Britney:The Motion Picture.

This film will probably be stone last on my list of Things To Do In 2008, just behind having a colonoscopy (unanaesthetised).
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion_and_Warfare View Post

What about all the other parents who have lost their young ones! Why not give millions to them.
That's what I keep saying...sure I feel sorry for the girl. But people seem to have forgotten about everybody else who has gone missing because these people are pumping millions into this campaign.

-Sean
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Right, regardless of anything else, everyone please just watch the extent to which the various emotions that these events may evoke is displayed in this thread.

I'll leave this open for now, but don't be surprised to see this closed later if folks don't post rationally.

Cheers guys.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 09:29 AM

To be honest Jono I think most people feel the same and the ones that don't will probably kick up an aggressive fuss rather than debate it sensibly.

The thread's destiny is in your hands
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

I'm not trying to judge or second guess or anything, just saying that if there is anyone who feels any which way about this, to think before they post
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

I just can't believe what is going on, it amaze's me to see Celebs all dishing money into one big fund for these 2 people when they commited an act of neglect. Why these 2?? Why is no one questioning the fact they left a 3 year old little girl by herself in a foreign country. It has been annoying me for ages now. Is everyone blind???

Next they will be starring in Celebrety Big Brother.

Similar cases like this have happened before and you never seen the support given like the McCans have had.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 11:01 AM

i don't know the details but it reminds me of a story about stupid people...which most are! i was at lunch with a co-worker at a busy restaurant / fast food place downtown in the city. very busy at noon. i look to my right and there is a stroller next to a table in the middle of the isle....with baby in it....no one was there for easily half our lunch....maybe 20 mins! i assumed it was the woman's baby who was a table away but i couldn't figure out why she let her baby on the other side of the table in the isle and not next to her! well it wasn't hers. finally this dumb ***** sits down and eats her lunch next to the stroller. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! i would NEVER leave any baby unattended and would NEVER take my eyes off them not even for a second! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING! this is just one reason i can't stand most people.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 11:57 AM

Well, it is kind of odd in retrospect, to think they dragged Britney Spears away in an ambulance because she locked herself in a room with her child and wouldn't come out, and these two left their kids alone at the hotel and went off to dinner. I remember my wife and I being stunned by the first day press, where no one pointed out the parent's criminal (what other word can you use?) negligence at leaving the kids by themselves in a tourist hotel. And now they're going to profit from the whole incredible mess? It does seem a bit beyond 'heartless', and into the 'soulless' to me (as an outsider).
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 12:26 PM

my whole take on this is that if this was a couple who lived on welfare, who were holidaying at Butlins (cheap and rather down market holiday centres we have in England) who'd left their kids unattended while they went for a pint or two, there would've been a public outcry about working class scumbag parents who should be prosecuted for leaving their kids alone.

But because they're both doctors from middle class England the whole f*cking country should stop to find their daughter.

My mate's wife arranged a fun run with procedes going to their appeal fund... we all contributed only to find out that the fund that was supposed to pay for the search and advertising was actually used (in part) to pay their mortgage as they'd both taken unpaid time off work to administer the appeal.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TequilaKing View Post
we all contributed only to find out that the fund that was supposed to pay for the search and advertising was actually used (in part) to pay their mortgage as they'd both taken unpaid time off work to administer the appeal.
That really is sickening.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TequilaKing View Post
my whole take on this is that if this was a couple who lived on welfare, who were holidaying at Butlins (cheap and rather down market holiday centres we have in England) who'd left their kids unattended while they went for a pint or two, there would've been a public outcry about working class scumbag parents who should be prosecuted for leaving their kids alone.

But because they're both doctors from middle class England the whole f*cking country should stop to find their daughter.

My mate's wife arranged a fun run with procedes going to their appeal fund... we all contributed only to find out that the fund that was supposed to pay for the search and advertising was actually used (in part) to pay their mortgage as they'd both taken unpaid time off work to administer the appeal.

I agree with the above post regarding the working class thing.

The McCann fund is getting bigger and has now 2 media savy directors and staff that frimly beleive in their cause. Taking it to the movies, if done in a tasteful manner, only helps them get closer to MAYBE finding their daughter.

The McCanns are paying the ultimate price for their terrible judgement that night. I'm sure they find it impossible to live with themselves...yes they were stupid, negligent and whatever else you can throw at them BUT accusing them of profiteering crosses the line for me...I disagree. Criminally negligent: yes....gold diggers: No.

Yes, it's in our face all the time and, yes, most of us will not go watch the movie...but if there is a movie and people want to go watch it then that's fine by me.

Regarding the money taken from the fund to help pay the mortgage, that's ok with me. They have 2 other kids and a house and, at that time, no job. They felt they needed to desperately find their daughter and needed to do it full time....any parent would think like that.

I'm not condoning their actions as I agree with a lot of the sentiment here, but please let's not go on a witch-hunt. If the movie thing bothers you then by all means don't show your support with your wallet.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 01:06 PM

Well what the hell do they pay thier mortgage with? Shirt buttons? Or just risk the house being repossessed?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode