Merger between MF/Music 123 - good or bad? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Merger between MF/Music 123 - good or bad?

I went to place an order with Music 123 and redeem these reward points today that I have been collecting and I was told Musician's Friends had recently "merged" with Music 123 and my points were no longer any good.

I was also told I can't use a Music 123 card at MF or vice versa. I wish they would have at least emailed the customers about using up the rewards points before they decided to discontinue them.

I've had MORE problems ordering from Mistake 123 than any other store EVER but have only kept using them for the convenience of a store credit card.

Do you think the merger will improve things at Music 123 or just the opposite (not that you could be much worse at this point)? Sorry, I had to vent a little and maybe get an insightful view from my current dismay of this merger deal.

I have many stories of how they have messed up my orders or left me hanging on backorders BTW.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 06:49 PM

Re: Merger between MF/Music 123 - good or bad?

I hadn't heard about that yet. Surely MF is a lot larger, so I would have to assume that M123 probably just goes away and MF continues on pretty much the same, but just a bit larger. MF does make mistakes, but the service has been pretty good overall in my experience. Maybe they will keep the M123 storefront, but it will probably become more like MF. Don't know whether you consider that better or not.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 07:19 PM

Re: Merger between MF/Music 123 - good or bad?

M123 and MF have been the same company for quite a while. They ship from the same warehouse and have common billing databases. I once had an order from both at the same time, called to cancel the one at 123 and the MF order was the one canceled.

Last edited by abwalsh; 09-26-2007 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Didn't realize the full spelling of M123 would be blocked!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode